I’m not going to trust that psychopath! April 15-24th, trip report. I’m back and TR link 9/17*

“Rain and Animals go together!”
You sound like Noah.
We woke up to rain this morning. We decided to have a slower morning.
I first read that as: "We woke up to rain this morning. We decided to have a shower morning.
I think he was hoping for a taste of my Gideon cookie.
Well... can you blame him???
I did eat 1/2 a banana, so it balanced out the cookie and cake breakfast.
::yes::
Totally balanced.
The bus was waiting for us! I couldn’t believe the Royal bus treatment we have been receiving so far this trip! :tink:
Nice. :)
Many blue Mickeys showing up for people. I swear so many guests were clueless with the process. :sad2::confused3
There should be a line.
"Those with no clue, line up here."
"Those with a clue, enter here."
Okay I’m done with my Disney 101, soap box, and bitterness, haha 😂 well maybe not the bitterness!
:rotfl:
Three days later when we entered AK, haha 😛
:laughing:
We decided to go on Safari first. The wait was only about 15 minutes in standby.
Not bad!
The hippos 🦛 were out on land,
I've seen one out... once. And it was sleeping, so not sure if it counts.
the African painted dogs, cheetahs, elephants, rhinos 🦏, giraffes, zebras, and the lions were all out enjoying the rain. It was a picture perfect safari! We loved it.
Wow! Lots!
We noticed The Navi river ride had a very short line, which is very unusual at this time of day.
Really! Huh. Bit shocked by that.
I always try to get pictures in here and they are never the best.
You'd need a special camera with a fast lens... phones just don't cut it.
Well... maybe the latest and greatest ones would?
There was a very old man with his daughter in front of us and he thoroughly enjoyed the ride. He did have a little trouble getting in and out of the boat! The CMs were wonderful in assisting his daughter, to make sure he was able to get in and out.

This made me think how Disney is for everyone young and old!
:goodvibes
We discussed a great wrong while eating, we had not had a ride on Dinosaur 🦕yet!! This had to be remedied as soon as possible!
What?!?!? I would've assumed you'd have ridden at least a couple dozen times by now.
We finished our delicious meal and headed to Dinosaur! The wait was about 5 minutes, this was crazy, we could ride twice, and you can bet we did!!
:thumbsup2
There was a feisty young girl standing next to us and when Dr. Seeker says what can go wrong, trust me, the little girl turns to her mom and says “I’m not going to trust that psychopath” I loved it 😊 This was perfect and she is so right!
During the show, Hopper was not there and not even a screen image of him, what a bummer. He really makes this show!
Well, poop. His presence greatly enhances the volume of children's screams of terror.
IMG_3075.jpeg
:lmao:

You started your day right with that perfectly balanced breakfast 😂 Sounds delicious mind 😋
Love it when the rain cools down the day and makes the queues shorter and the animals come out to play on the safari. Your DAK day is going pretty perfect. I did wonder where the title for your report came ( in my head I thought you’d got a dodgy taxi/Uber driver or something) :rotfl:
I have a confession to make- I have never eaten a hotdog in America:scared1:. I had one once in Canada (1987) at Niagara Falls thinking it would be like the sausages we use here at home. It wasn’t 😂 It was not great, too “fatty” not enough flavour/ meat for me, and now I’m scarred for life:rotfl:
That kids meal looks pretty tasty though so I reckon I will risk it next time I visit. I’m brave like that plus at that price it won’t hurt my wallet too much:thumbsup2

Gorgeous photos of you and Andi. I hope you enjoyed Mother’s Day :goodvibes

Hi Caroline! I'm not on the DIS much anymore but I had to come and find your TR since we had a meet up! Hopefully I can remember to check back and read the rest. :rotfl2:

I had so much fun at our meet even though I was exhausted after my crazy MK day. I can see from the picture I was a bit of a hot mess that night.

I got to experience that rain on Monday from the runway as we sat there for at least an hour waiting for it to pass. I ended up getting home that day a lot later than I was supposed to.

Sounds like a great trip so far, can't wait to read more!

You sound like Noah.
2 by 2, :rotfl:
I first read that as: "We woke up to rain this morning. We decided to have a shower morning.
Funny, it was a shower outside but turned into a regular downpour!
Well... can you blame him???
It was very hard not to give that little squirrel treats but we followed Disney rules!
There should be a line.
"Those with no clue, line up here."
"Those with a clue, enter here."
Exactly why don’t you work for Disney!
I've seen one out... once. And it was sleeping, so not sure if it counts.
It is so rare to the Hippos out of the water!
Really! Huh. Bit shocked by that.
I know that ride always has a huge line since it is such a slow loading ride! I couldn’t believe it! I figured we wouldn’t even have been able to ride it today without Genie+
You'd need a special camera with a fast lens... phones just don't cut it.
Well... maybe the latest and greatest ones would?
I have tried so many times to get a good picture of the Shaman and it never looks good!
What?!?!? I would've assumed you'd have ridden at least a couple dozen times by now.
I know! Crazy we didn’t do Dinosaur first! It is always a first ride for us. The masses go to Pandora and we go to Dinoland!
Well, poop. His presence greatly enhances the volume of children's screams of terror.
Right! :rotfl:I love watching all the kids freak out in there. I enjoy it 🤭 does that make me a bad person:confused3I say no!
Somehow missed you started a new TR...catching up now! Can't wait to read all about it!
Hi there! :welcome: Thank you for joining in!

You started your day right with that perfectly balanced breakfast 😂 Sounds delicious mind 😋
Breakfast of champions! Those cookies are seriously addictive!
Love it when the rain cools down the day and makes the queues shorter and the animals come out to play on the safari. Your DAK day is going pretty perfect. I did wonder where the title for your report came ( in my head I thought you’d got a dodgy taxi/Uber driver or something) :rotfl:
I agree! The wait times were very short with the rain. The Safari was awesome with the rain. It was worth getting misted on from the sides of the truck to see all the animals!
I have a confession to make- I have never eaten a hotdog in America:scared1:. I had one once in Canada (1987) at Niagara Falls thinking it would be like the sausages we use here at home. It wasn’t 😂 It was not great, too “fatty” not enough flavour/ meat for me, and now I’m scarred for life
Oh no that is funny! I love a good hotdog. It has to be an all beef one with a good bun! I think you would like the one at Satuli. It is a little more of a classy hotdog 🌭 if there is such a thing! :rotfl2:
That kids meal looks pretty tasty though so I reckon I will risk it next time I visit. I’m brave like that plus at that price it won’t hurt my wallet too much
Give it a try!
Gorgeous photos of you and Andi. I hope you enjoyed Mother’s Day
Thank you, I love looking back at all our pictures over the years!

Hi Caroline! I'm not on the DIS much anymore but I had to come and find your TR since we had a meet up! Hopefully I can remember to check back and read the rest. :rotfl2:
Hi Ariana! Thank you for joining in! I know you aren’t on here much anymore, many of our Epic ladies aren’t here anymore!
I had so much fun at our meet even though I was exhausted after my crazy MK day. I can see from the picture I was a bit of a hot mess that night.
I was really happy you made it over! It was really nice to visit with you! Haha you looked just fine especially after touring all day at MK! I know you like to go from morning to night when solo!
I got to experience that rain on Monday from the runway as we sat there for at least an hour waiting for it to pass. I ended up getting home that day a lot later than I was supposed to.
It really rained hard but most of it was before we got to AK! Let’s keep in touch since we will be visiting Disney around the same time in September! Yay 😁
Sounds like a great trip so far, can't wait to read more!
Thank you, hope you come back to read more! I will try to update at least every week!

It was very hard not to give that little squirrel treats but we followed Disney rules!
Chipmunks get all the breaks.
Exactly why don’t you work for Disney!
They don’t go for logical thinkers.
I know! Crazy we didn’t do Dinosaur first! It is always a first ride for us. The masses go to Pandora and we go to Dinoland!
Right! :rotfl:I love watching all the kids freak out in there. I enjoy it 🤭 does that make me a bad person:confused3I say no!
I say no!

Well maybe a little

Part 2 Epcot evening, Extra Magic Hours from 9-11pm for Deluxe resort guests.

We arrived in Epcot around 6pm.
IMG_2023-5-21-103251.jpg
We saw Soarin had a low wait time and rode this within 20 minutes, yay! We did get concourse C row 2. We did notice a little more distortion on screen. We still had a fun ride! :woohoo:

LWTL was a walk on and we did this right after Soarin.

I love this ride. Disney is now putting in more props related to each Festival. The ride is very relaxing and never gets old! :flower1:

After the ride, it was time to start sampling food booths!
IMG_2023-5-21-103308.jpg
I had several places on my list to try. The Citrus Blossom was the first booth. It is located in the Odyssey building. There is a little gift shop, bathrooms, and seating in the building. We tried the Orange Sesame Tempura Shrimp. This was delicious, the orange sauce was very tasty and the shrimp was a decent portion to share.
IMG_2023-5-21-103339.jpg
I also had to have the orange wine slushy! This is delicious but rather small, for the price of $7.00. It is gone after only a few sips! I could have drank 3 more!

Cute orange bird shirt in the gift shop area. I thought Andi would want it but she said no! :confused3
IMG_2023-5-21-103353.jpg
We saw an abandoned orange bird sipper cup at the table next to us. We hoped the person would remember and come back for it since the cup is like $15.00.

Our first festival booth was 2 thumbs up! 👍 I surprised Donna with the talking garbage can in here. It is the only one in all of Disney World! She thought it was hilarious! We spent several minutes opening it to listen to him talk!

IMG_2023-5-21-103324.jpg
We headed to The Mexican Pavilion. The price of Margarita’s at La Cava is ridiculous now, however, we headed straight there.:rotfl2:

The line was actually pretty short and we were even offered a table! Normally, I would jump on this except we had more booths to try! We ordered our $$$ cucumber margaritas and headed out. For the price, we were a little disappointed! The drinks were weak and didn’t have the flavor like the last time I got one. I probably won’t head back to La Cava anytime soon. Two thumbs down 👎

I just don’t feel spending $40.00 on two drinks with the tip is worth it. Way to steep for what we got.

Our next stop was China. We wanted the house made cheesy crab wontons! I love these little fried beauties! We found a nice little bench area in China to sit and enjoy the food and our margaritas. The crab wontons did not disappoint. Two thumbs up!👍
IMG_2023-5-21-103407.jpg
We moved through the WS to Japan and had Fruishi for our dessert! The Fruishi was delicious and you get 4 pieces again! Two thumbs up 👍
IMG_2023-5-21-103421.jpg
It was wonderful to see the international CMs back around the WS. The Japanese CMs are very nice and super friendly!

We enjoyed the Fruishi and walked through Mitsokoshi next.

The find a Pearl experience is back in the shop now.

We didn’t purchase anything tonight just enjoyed walking through the store.

Our plan was to head over to France and ride Remy right around 9pm. I thought the crowds would be lower with park closing and Harmonious starting. Well the ride was down, nooo!

We decided to wait around the area to be first in line when it came back up.
IMG_2023-5-21-103502.jpg
We waited over 30 minutes and nothing. I was amazed at how rude guests can be to the CMs! A few people implied Disney was doing this on purpose! What?? People are weird! :sad2:

We decided to move on and try something else. We headed through UK and Canada to get back to Future World.

Test Track had a long wait and isn’t a must do for us, so we headed to Soarin instead.

Soarin was a walk on for the most part, just a small wait for concourse B. I asked if we could wait for B and it was no problem! We had a great ride in row 1. No distortion in this row.

It is a bummer the ride has the bending monuments in A&C. :rotfl:

We decided to ride SE before heading out. I know we didn’t use the extra hours for top rides but Remy was the only one we really wanted in the extra 2 hours.
IMG_2023-5-21-103434.jpg

IMG_2023-5-21-103448.jpg

We had a wonderful evening and a bus was waiting at the WL stop! I was very happy 😊 and we went right to WL not FW first! Yay 😁

We were back around 10:30pm. Time to watch a little Netflix before bed. We got hooked on the series Night Agent! It is really good! I recommend checking it out!

Stay tuned for MK/DHS, A perfect day in so many ways ❤️

We saw Soarin had a low wait time and rode this within 20 minutes, yay!
I remember when Soarin' never had a wait time of less than an hour. Times change!
Pretty. :)
Cute orange bird shirt in the gift shop area. I thought Andi would want it but she said no! :confused3
What is wrong with that girl?? :laughing:
We saw an abandoned orange bird sipper cup at the table next to us. We hoped the person would remember and come back for it since the cup is like $15.00.
:scared:
I surprised Donna with the talking garbage can in here. It is the only one in all of Disney World! She thought it was hilarious! We spent several minutes opening it to listen to him talk!
I did not know about this! Whereabouts in the Odyssey is it?
The price of Margarita’s at La Cava is ridiculous now, however, we headed straight there.:rotfl2:
For the price, we were a little disappointed! The drinks were weak and didn’t have the flavor like the last time I got one. I probably won’t head back to La Cava anytime soon. Two thumbs down 👎
Well, that's not okay. I've heard more and more complaints about weak drinks.
We moved through the WS to Japan and had Fruishi for our dessert! The Fruishi was delicious and you get 4 pieces again! Two thumbs up 👍
The Fruishi has never appealed to me and I don't know why... I'm really going to have to try it.
It was wonderful to see the international CMs back around the WS.
Yay!
I was amazed at how rude guests can be to the CMs! A few people implied Disney was doing this on purpose! What?? People are weird! :sad2:
:sad2:
But they paid so much money to be there! :rolleyes:
It is a bummer the ride has the bending monuments in A&C. :rotfl:
I just can't ride it unless I'm in B. The bending buildings just completely ruins it for me.
We got hooked on the series Night Agent! It is really good! I recommend checking it out!
I took a quick look at the preview; looks pretty good! I added it to my watch list. :)
Stay tuned for MK/DHS, A perfect day in so many ways ❤️
popcorn::

Caroline enjoying your trip report and photos. I enjoy vacationing with my sister too. She is a great travel partner.

My sister is a big Disney fan and I’am a big Universal fan. I will have to admit I would have to do some homework to understand Genie + ride arrangements.

Last edited:
So nice to have a slow morning on the balcony at WDW! I am afraid I am someone that holds up the line, like 50% of the time my fingerprint does not work. I have to have mine reset every trip at least twice, ugh! Not sure why they can't just use the photo they took of me last time they reset mine like Disneyland does :laughing: Yum, Satu'li, never change! Love when Dinosaur has a short standby! Bummer on the la cava margaritas! I think they pre-mix everything now, which is a bummer. I still have yet to try frushi, some day my trip dates will align! Hooray for international CMs! And what a bummer on Remy being down, Epcot is so spread out it's the worst when you walk so far for no reason!

I remember when Soarin' never had a wait time of less than an hour. Times change!
Same! I remember having to run for the old paper FP right at park opening! I always wanted a FP for it otherwise the wait was way to long! I wonder if the change in movie and the bending monuments have something to do with it and There are also some pretty amazing new rides in this park!

What is wrong with that girl??
Right! Mom buying a tshirt and you don’t want it! :confused3
I did not know about this! Whereabouts in the Odyssey is it?
I have heard it is moved around but right now it was in the eating area where the tables are!
Well, that's not okay. I've heard more and more complaints about weak drinks.
Very disappointed and yes super expensive and weak!!
The Fruishi has never appealed to me and I don't know why... I'm really going to have to try it.
If you like a fruit salad with rice, it is similar to that. It is light and refreshing
But they paid so much money to be there! :rolleyes:
It is frustrating but really why say such stupid things! The poor CM standing there was getting so many negative snarky remarks from guests!
I just can't ride it unless I'm in B. The bending buildings just completely ruins it for me.
You are so right, I feel the same way and it is worth asking for it, otherwise it is disappointing!
I took a quick look at the preview; looks pretty good! I added it to my watch list.
It is really good, very fast paced, with an evolving storyline and action packed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter