• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I’m not going to trust that psychopath! April 15-24th, trip report. I’m back and TR link 9/17*

Sounds like a great night! Happily Ever After is our favorite, so glad it's back.
It really was and to sit down during the show and not fight the crowds is worth every penny for the dessert party!
Those pulled port nachos are definitely awesome! A must every trip for us!!
I hope they never take these off the menu!
Those nachos looked amazing!
They really are a delicious and different than the traditional nachos. I highly recommend
And thank you for the HEA fireworks dessert report as my family and I are looking into doing that!
You are welcome! If you have any other questions, let me know. I have done each type of dessert party. Pre, seated, and after. If you don’t want to spend the extra money on the seated the after party would be my second favorite ❤️ The seated one is my favorite and worth the cost in my opinion!

Thanks a lot...I'll be singing it in my head allll day now! Lol! I do love it though!
Haha 😆 It is a catchy tune and goes perfect with the ride!
Me too, but my arm doesn't agree!
Same, if we do two in a row, I’m done for :rotfl:
Yes! We did two dessert parties in April and I fully agree with this. I wish they had more savory than just cheese and crackers.
I think it is worth the cost just to have a designated spot and not have to fight the crowds! Thank goodness for the chocolate covered strawberries 🍓 yum! The bubbly wasn’t bad either! I miss the egg rolls yum!
Ahhh, I love HEA
True! I am so happy it is back and excited to see it with Andi again in September!

Sincerest condolences to you Caroline and all the family on the loss of your mother-in-law. Sending love from this side of the Atlantic and thinking of you all :hug:
:thanks: It is much appreciated!
I am so sorry for your loss, my friend. I am glad the lyrics helped a bit on a hard day. Sending lots of love and my sincere condolences to you and your family.xox
:thanks: It was wonderful to see your post that morning!
So sorry for your loss
:thanks: It is much appreciated!

That is wonderful! It is the perfect evening! Get the nachos and a ridiculously overpriced cocktail before the dessert party! The strawberries and bubbly are worth the price for a nice seat and beautiful fireworks! I say do it at least once!
Sounds perfect!
I really haven’t enjoyed anything in Epcot since except the lights on SE!
Snap! Same here! I do love the SE light show.
Fireworks are hard for little ones, the noise alone is terrifying so that was wonderful his magic pacifier did the trick! 😄
It really did save many an evening. Only worked for fireworks though not characters 😂. He is now 16 and I have ZERO photos of him with any character :scared1: . He has promised that he will get a photo with Mickey Mouse on our next trip as long as his niece and nephew are with him. I am holding him to this promise and I don’t care if I’m 90 I will get that photo before I die:rotfl:

Thank you! I can’t remember what was nice now so always say thank you, haha 😂
Well that’s nice.

:lmao:
Have you tried Baseline? If not give a try next time you are there!
I have! But I haven’t tried the charcuterie
We took the boat to MK and it was peaceful this time, yay!
No child overboard is always a good thing
We took another boat over to the Poly. The boat is such a wonderful way to travel.
I never think of that. I always take the monorail
So we passed on getting in the grotto. We decided to get my beloved pulled pork nachos.
I was so confused. “She didn’t get into Dam’s but still got food there?”
Don’t walk, RUN to get these. They are served on house made chips and fried wonton chips. Raise your hand if I convinced you to try these! ✋
Not a huge fan of pulled pork so don’t know. :confused3
Oh and don’t worry, we spent large amounts of cash on our drinks!
Of course you did! It’s disney!
You can order the same drinks from Trader Sams at the outside patio bar.
Ohhhhhhh…
We just had the one drink
At those prices I’m not surprised!
I had been stacking the Genie 🧞‍♀️ and we had Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and HM ready to roll.
Nice lineup. :)
JC was first. It was a fun ride. We had a wonderful skipper.
The skipper makes or breaks that ride.
Anyone know where this is?
Skippers?
Look at this gem of a picture from HM,
:laughing: Beautiful!
wanted to check in for the party around 7:45pm

We are the third group in line, yay!
Not too shabby!
Pretty much get your pick of tables.
We had a table right up on the railing
Exactly what I’ve had. Great spot!
They just have cheese and crackers. I really miss the mini cheeseburger spring rolls, pita bread, and spinach dip.
Those are gone??

:( Unfortunate.
I thought the desserts were just okay, nothing bad just not great.
Yeah… but that’s not really why I’m there.
I definitely was emotional and teary watching HEA!
Awwww. :)
Wishes is my all time favorite, mostly because of all the mother and daughter moments shared watching Wishes!
::yes::
What is your favorite firework show
Wishes. Of course!
We rode Dumbo, Barnstormer, Ariel, The Cinderella Carousel, PPF, BTMR, and IASW before heading back to WL.
All that after the fireworks?!?!
We had a wonderful day and a fairly good boat ride back, except the girl sitting right next to Donna coughed the entire ride back! Yikes 😳
Yuck. And probably not even covering her mouth. :sad2:

Sounds perfect!

Snap! Same here! I do love the SE light show.

It really did save many an evening. Only worked for fireworks though not characters 😂. He is now 16 and I have ZERO photos of him with any character :scared1: . He has promised that he will get a photo with Mickey Mouse on our next trip as long as his niece and nephew are with him. I am holding him to this promise and I don’t care if I’m 90 I will get that photo before I die:rotfl:
I love it! I sure hope you get that picture of him with Mickey before you are 90 :rotfl2:

No child overboard is always a good thing
Didn’t know I had to be so concerned about that. I sure was now. We made sure to try and sit in the adults only area, when we could find it! :rotfl:
I was so confused. “She didn’t get into Dam’s but still got food there?”
Haha, no we didn’t get into Dams, is that a new place :rotfl:
Not a huge fan of pulled pork so don’t know.
Hmmm.. maybe you wouldn’t enjoy these, you are weird. :rotfl::eek:
Of course you did! It’s disney!
It just wouldn’t be right not to spend exorbitant amounts on the drinks! :sad2:
Close, this is Pirates gift shop after the ride.
Not too shabby!
Pretty much get your pick of tables.
We did! I didn’t want a table in the center, I wanted right up on the railing
Exactly what I’ve had. Great spot!
It really is! Desserts don’t matter to much with that view!
Those are gone??
Yes! Crazy they always take away the good stuff
Yeah… but that’s not really why I’m there.
Very true and the desserts are fine just not anything special
Wishes. Of course!
I forgive you for not liking pulled pork, now! :rotfl2:
All that after the fireworks?!?!
Yes we crushed the rides. It wasn’t very busy and we used Genie+ for everything except the Carousel and IASW (our last ride), not my choice but Donna suggested it!
Yuck. And probably not even covering her mouth
Exactly! Donna kept looking at me in sheer horror. o_O:scared1:
Sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Thank you, it has been a rough month! I had to put my sweet Buddy to sleep this month as well. He was my dog I had for 15.5 years. A sweet little Bischon
IMG_3061_Original.jpeg
IMG_7647.jpeg
He followed me everywhere!

it has been a rough month! I had to put my sweet Buddy to sleep this month as well. He was my dog I had for 15.5 years. A sweet little Bischon
IMG_3061_Original.jpeg

IMG_7647.jpeg

He followed me everywhere!

I'm so sorry, Caroline. He is a little cutie, looks like my Daisy a little bit, she's part Bichon, part ****Zu. I'm sure you're going to miss him terribly :sad1:

A rat is worth the cost!

Thursday 4/20. Park today are Epcot and MK, ADR for Hoop de Doo at 6:15pm, Genie+ just for Remy, lol 😆

I wasn’t going to get Genie+ today and actually slept in until 7:30am. I did start to think about Remy and how much Donnna loves this ride. I knew it was a long shot but I went a head and bought Genie+. I was able to get a Remy for 4:15pm. I was hopeful to modify it to an earlier time. Spoiler, after many tries I was not quick enough and was never able to modify it. :confused3

We headed to Epcot around 10:00am. The park feels really crowded with all the construction.
IMG_2023-6-18-111957.jpg
We went to Mexico first and did the boat ride. We got almost to the loading area when there was some type of malfunction. It was fun to watch all the new International CMs try to figure this out. They read from a canned sheet to us about the delay and everything else was in Spanish amongst the CMs. What I could gather was an electrical problem. It was fixed within 5-10 minutes. I love this little boat ride and Donald is a fun bonus! He is a silly little duck!We shopped some in the Pavilion after the ride, and Donna bought a couple painted skulls. I found a really cute shirt and I was able to use the PH discount for everything. Yay!
IMG_2023-6-18-112656.jpg
We decided to try the F&G booth in Mexico. We shared the Taco Vampiro. This is delicious and the corn salsa is yummy. It is small for $8.75 but worth it! It is barbacoa beef in a corn tortilla with crispy grilled Monterey Jack cheese, and salsa ranchera.

I was able to make a Genie+ for Soarin and we headed over to the land!

We had B1 and really enjoyed the ride.

I proceeded to make Genie+ for LWTL, Nemo, Figment, and SE. We really didn’t need Genie+ for any of these except Soarin.
IMG_2023-6-18-112050.jpg
We took a stroll through the Butterfly 🦋 Garden and it was really beautiful in there. It wasn’t very crowded to we had time to really check out the butterflies in different stages of life!

I wanted to get a picture with Groot since I had my flower and garden Groot shirt on.
IMG_2023-6-18-111858.jpg
This was the closest we got to Guardians haha 😛

I got my pictures and we headed back towards WS. We wanted to try the Pollinator flatbread at Honey Bistro. This was very interesting. I’m glad we tried it but not sure I would get it again. The flavors were hard to describe, here is the description in F&G booklet. Flatbread with honey whipped mascarpone, honey caramelized onions, blueberry gastrique, prosciutto, honey whipped goat cheese, arugula, honey vinaigrette and bee pollen! Holy Bee that is quite a few ingredients on this little flatbread.
IMG_2023-6-18-112233.jpg
I predominantly tasted the goat cheese which isn’t my favorite. I wanted to taste more honey, onions, and prosciutto. The blueberry did play nicely with the goat cheese. I’m happy we tried it. This was $6.75.

We had a violet lemonade from Pineapple Promenade. This is delicious and refreshing. I wish it was larger. It is $4.50 for a very small amount.
IMG_2023-6-18-112326.jpgIMG_2023-6-18-112416.jpg
We walked around WS slowly looking in shops and taking in the atmosphere.

We decided to stop and get an Iced Chai Latte at Joffrey’s booth in America. I love this drink. We needed to perk up a little, except, we saw American Adventures was seating now. :faint:

We decided to go in and watch the show. We both really enjoyed this. It has recently been refurbished and it looked good.

It made us sleepy again, lol 😝

We continued to shop around the countries. It was fun to take our time and check out all the topiaries.
IMG_2023-6-18-112456.jpg
We both had loved a perfume in France last September and didn’t buy it! First rule at Disney, if you like something buy it right then and there! Ugh 😩 I didn’t follow my own rule. We spent so much time in the perfume shop, and we could not find the scent from September. It was a light citrus with bergamot and it was not there anymore. I really wanted to buy it! I am hoping it is a fall scent and will be back in September again.

I love unique very light scented perfumes and this was it!

We bought a glass of wine and sat in the shade watching the Skyliner go by. It was really nice 😊
IMG_2023-6-18-115705.jpg
We killed the time beautifully and soon it was time to ride Donna’s favorite ride! She love’s Ratatouille and I enjoy it.

I have not experienced the motion sickness again like I did the first time I rode.

We decided to walk over to Beach Club and get a Lyft back to WL. This worked great! We got back to our resort with just enough time to change and take off again!
IMG_2023-6-18-115757.jpg

We had a dinner show to catch! Stay tuned for Hoop de do Review!

We shared the Taco Vampiro. This is delicious and the corn salsa is yummy. It is small for $8.75 but worth it! It is barbacoa beef in a corn tortilla with crispy grilled Monterey Jack cheese, and salsa ranchera.

I loved that and got it at least 3 times in April!

I wanted to get a picture with Groot since I had my flower and garden Groot shirt on.
IMG_2023-6-18-111858.jpg
Cute!

This was the closest we got to Guardians haha 😛
By choice??
We wanted to try the Pollinator flatbread at Honey Bistro. This was very interesting.
I did not like this at all, and I love goat cheese. I think there was just too much going on 🥴

I was very sorry to hear your sad news of both your mother in law and you sweet dog. My heart goes out to you for both.

Still loving and appreciating your report and love the Mexico shirt. Never ever looked at their clothing and definitely will at September trip. A trip wouldn't be complete without the boat ride. It's non negotiable for anyone I go with.

PS: I actually LOVED the Pollinator flatbread. I'm a sucker for flatbread in general. In fact, we are going to yet another holiday (Father's Day) dinner at Season's 52 in a few hours and though I love the dinners, my very favorite food is their flatbread. The best....crispy and delicious. Often we go there for lunch and have one of the very appetizing flatbreads, a salad and a glass of wine.
Perfect lunch.

Last edited:
@suse66 thank you for making my morning with the lyrics from both Wishes and HEA. I am drinking my coffee and singing along. Yesterday was a really hard day for me and my family. This made my morning! My mother in law recently passed away and yesterday was a whole day dedicated to her!
You don’t know how thankful I was to see your post this morning! ❤️❤️❤️
Friends even miles away can help. :thanks:
@disneyAndi14 I am so sorry for your loss.

I love meandering around Epcot and taking it all in just like you and your sister have been doing this morning. I love looking at all the stalls in the Mexico pavilion. We bought a Donald Duck from one on our last trip for our granddaughter. She loves it!
I really enjoyed the Remy ride. Glad to hear you didn’t suffer from motion sickness this time around.

I'm so sorry, Caroline. He is a little cutie, looks like my Daisy a little bit, she's part Bichon, part ****Zu. I'm sure you're going to miss him terribly
:thanks: Buddy was a little sweetheart! He was my dog. He loved everyone here but really loved 🥰 me! When I was home he was always right behind me. Andi use to hang with him while I was work in the summer and when I would get home he would drop her like a hot potato :rotfl:
He will be greatly missed. I keep telling myself I had many years with him and he was healthy until the last 4 day is of his life.
loved that and got it at least 3 times in April!
I loved this. I wish I would have had this more than once plus we shared! We should have each had our own.
By choice??
Yes, Donna was scared and I haven’t wanted to ride it by myself. I am going to ride it in September with Andi. I’m excited and a little nervous
I did not like this at all, and I love goat cheese. I think there was just too much going on
I thought there was to much going on! I didn’t hate it but wouldn’t get it again!

I was very sorry to hear your sad news of both your mother in law and you sweet dog. My heart goes out to you for both.
:thanks: It has been tough! Both will be missed so much!
Still loving and appreciating your report and love the Mexico shirt. Never ever looked at their clothing and definitely will at September trip. A trip wouldn't be complete without the boat ride. It's non negotiable for anyone I go with.
Thank you! The color came faded in the picture, it is a true black so the vibrant colors look really nice with it and I love Minnie!
We love the boat ride and usually ride it several times a trip!
PS: I actually LOVED the Pollinator flatbread. I'm a sucker for flatbread in general. In fact, we are going to yet another holiday (Father's Day) dinner at Season's 52 in a few hours and though I love the dinners, my very favorite food is their flatbread. The best....crispy and delicious. Often we go there for lunch and have one of the very appetizing flatbreads, a salad and a glass of wine.
Perfect lunch.
I didn’t hate it. It just had so much going on! I normally love flatbread as well. We have a couple places here that have a really good ty chicken and a really good mushroom one. I really liked the chicken one at Honey Bistro last year, I love the crispy crust, yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter