I’m so torn… BLT or BWV

disneylover81

DIS Veteran
DH and I have our annual anniversary trip coming up the first week in May. I have 2 reservations booked because I just can’t make a decision on which one to stay at. We have a BLT standard view studio and then a BWV pool/garden view studio. We are big MK people and spend a lot of time there. We don’t spend much time at the resorts so the size of BLT studio isn’t a dealbreaker and I’ve stayed in them before with my DD. I know they are outdated though, which I don’t care for mainly because the tv is so small. We’ve never stayed at BWV and the older we get, we do spend more time at EP so I am interested in staying there. We stayed at BCV in August and we did not like it there at all besides the walk to EP and the Skyliner to HS. I need to cancel one of them because my 7 months is coming up next week for our next trip so I need to free up my points. BLT is only 2 more points than BWV so they are practically the same cost. I need opinions to help me decide what to do!!

Personally, I would go for BLT. I’m not a fan of Boardwalk, but haven’t stayed there since the refurb. Yeh, the rooms are a bit dated at BLT, but you know what you are getting and the location can’t be topped!

I would also be slightly cautious about the fact they have been bumping people at BWV due to the ongoing refurb… hopefully it should be done before May and all rooms available, but not sure I would risk it.

Personally, I would go for BLT. I’m not a fan of Boardwalk, but haven’t stayed there since the refurb. Yeh, the rooms are a bit dated at BLT, but you know what you are getting and the location can’t be topped!

I would also be slightly cautious about the fact they have been bumping people at BWV due to the ongoing refurb… hopefully it should be done before May and all rooms available, but not sure I would risk it.
I do love the location of BLT, which is the best thing going for it to us. We do want to stay at all of the DVC resorts at some point to see what we like and what we don’t also. It seems either people love BWV or they don’t and of course we have no opinion yet since we haven’t stayed there.

I have seen a lot of people saying they are getting bumped from their rooms and moved to the BWI as far out as April. I haven’t seen anyone in May so far. I have worried about that though.

What did you not like about BCV? BWV might have the same issues, in which case BLT is a better choice, especially if you expect to spend more time at MK than at Epcot.
We just didn’t care for the layout of the building and the pool was so crowded and the lazy river barely had any floats and then it was so deep also to not have a float. We wanted to stay there for a long time and I hate that we were disappointed. DH says never again to stay there. The location was amazing though. We loved that about it.

We just didn’t care for the layout of the building and the pool was so crowded and the lazy river barely had any floats and then it was so deep also to not have a float. We wanted to stay there for a long time and I hate that we were disappointed. DH says never again to stay there. The location was amazing though. We loved that about it.
Okay, well of course BWV won’t have those problems with the lazy river :p although the pool might be crowded. I do think the slide there is the best!

The biggest issue with BWV is the length of the hallways - they seem endless when coming back from the parks, with very tired feet. They aren’t as long as Kidani hallways, but they can feel like it, and there’s only one bank of elevators as opposed to BLT’s two banks.

Okay, well of course BWV won’t have those problems with the lazy river :p although the pool might be crowded. I do think the slide there is the best!

The biggest issue with BWV is the length of the hallways - they seem endless when coming back from the parks, with very tired feet. They aren’t as long as Kidani hallways, but they can feel like it, and there’s only one bank of elevators as opposed to BLT’s two banks.
Their pool slide does look like fun from the videos I’ve seen. Glad the clown is gone!

The long hallways and lack of elevators could be an issue because we are rope drop to park close people also.

If you want something romantic I’d go BWV. Flying Fish is perfect. Or if you’d like to splurge a little more you have a short walk into Epcot and a right turn to Monsier Paul. The night life on the Boardwalk is fun. You can walk over to Jelly Rolls for the dueling pianos. Place is packed and a blast. Or go to Abracadabra for drinks. The talk of long hallways is just plain exaggerated and false. They are shorter than the monorail walk to BLT easily. The pool at BWV is better than BLT. Honestly BLT feels sterile and slightly boring while BWV has day and nightlife.

Comparing the two resorts for food - I own both resorts, but don't stay in Studios. I've just completed a BLT 11 night TPV (1BR) over new year. Great location but unless you go to another resort for food, Contempo Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Steakhouse are all so plain. Don't @Me.. I won't change my mind. They are horrible. California Grill is nice, but they have removed the best menu options so I will continue to skip them.

@BWV, Flying Fish is wonderful and Trattoria has become one of WDW tastiest restaurants since covid. The deli can be a pain to get to, but is far superior in quality than Contempo cafe.. Just my two cents.

If you want something romantic I’d go BWV. Flying Fish is perfect. Or if you’d like to splurge a little more you have a short walk into Epcot and a right turn to Monsier Paul. The night life on the Boardwalk is fun. You can walk over to Jelly Rolls for the dueling pianos. Place is packed and a blast. Or go to Abracadabra for drinks. The talk of long hallways is just plain exaggerated and false. They are shorter than the monorail walk to BLT easily. The pool at BWV is better than BLT. Honestly BLT feels sterile and slightly boring while BWV has day and nightlife.
Thanks for the insight about the building. We do walk from MK to BLT so I guess that’s longer than the hallways also. We’ve never been on the boardwalk before, but it does sound fun. We like nightlife and bars. This is such a hard choice for me.

Comparing the two resorts for food - I own both resorts, but don't stay in Studios. I've just completed a BLT 11 night TPV (1BR) over new year. Great location but unless you go to another resort for food, Contempo Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Steakhouse are all so plain. Don't @Me.. I won't change my mind. They are horrible. California Grill is nice, but they have removed the best menu options so I will continue to skip them.

@BWV, Flying Fish is wonderful and Trattoria has become one of WDW tastiest restaurants since covid. The deli can be a pain to get to, but is far superior in quality than Contempo cafe.. Just my two cents.
We’ve done Contempo Cafe, Chef Mickey’s and steakhouse 71. We weren’t impressed with any of them so I totally agree with you.

We tend to eat at the same exact places every time we go, but I told DH last time we should try one new place each visit because there are so many places to eat. Thanks for the recommendations.

Was just going to say I'd pick BLT because it has better QS options. 🤷‍♂️

BLT owner, but love BWV - kinda more my jam. If you think you'll use the gym, Muscles and Bustles is great - the gym in the Contemporary is a dungeon and hard to get to. The jogging trail around Contempo/BLT is pretty awful compared to the run around the lake at BWV. Still, we'd probably choose BLT - because the QS food is that much better.

Was just going to say I'd pick BLT because it has better QS options. 🤷‍♂️

BLT owner, but love BWV - kinda more my jam. If you think you'll use the gym, Muscles and Bustles is great - the gym in the Contemporary is a dungeon and hard to get to. The jogging trail around Contempo/BLT is pretty awful compared to the run around the lake at BWV. Still, we'd probably choose BLT - because the QS food is that much better.
Thanks for all the info. I do think I lean more towards BLT mostly for the location above all else.

We are only going for 5 days this time. We did a split stay once and I don’t think it was for us. It seemed like too much and we never felt settled in our room.
Ah that's understandable. I love BLT for the convenience to MK too (we are also big MK people), and I know you said you're leaning more towards BLT, but I"m also Team Try All DVC Resorts! For that reason, I would go with BWV especially it's just you two traveling this trip.

I would vote for BWV. I like that I can walk over to YC, BC or Swolphin for other dining options. I also like that there is mini golf within walking distance, because we like mini golf. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter