I am kind of tired of people.

Not going to lie, the half and half shortages affect my coffee intake - and a lack of caffeine affects my ability to people.

But I’m not taking it out on employees, just my family. 😂
When I miss my morning coffee I'm a zombie these days with a terse reaction to things. I feel you.

I'm in the Twin Cities and have not noticed any shortages at all.
I don't doubt that some places aren't even in the midwest but this particular poster has said more than once "We are not seeing the shortages here in the Midwest" which is factually incorrect. Of course there are places within the midwest that are experiencing issues in various parts just like other parts of the nation. In their particular area and for you in the twin cities they aren't and you aren't but in the midwest? Yes there are shortages. It's the problem with talking about an entire region

I came across this today and it's a sobering visual. Imagine it multiplied by commercial ports across the world and realize all those same vessels should have made several return trips from manufacturing to distribution by now. It makes it a little easier to understand why are supply chains are so woefully messed up.

I came across this today and it's a sobering visual. Imagine it multiplied by commercial ports across the world and realize all those same vessels should have made several return trips from manufacturing to distribution by now. It makes it a little easier to understand why are supply chains are so woefully messed up.
View attachment 606645

The crazy thing is that it only gets WORSE from there. Trucking Companies can't even come close to handling what they have -forget a backlog at the ports. I mentioned it earlier -the writing has been on the wall for about 2-years ..we created demand with not enough infrastructure to meet it. Kind of like putting a 10,000sq ft home on a foundation built for a 2,000sq ft home. Covid just made it infinitely worse.

I don't understand people who throw fits about this...we're in a pandemic. Even pre-pandemic, it's not that deep--if they're out, they're out and it's not in the shoppers' control. Everyone chill.

We do Instacart all the time and I always select a replacement if they're out or just say to refund the item--it is what it is. Every time the shopper seems so surprised that I'm not about to throw a fit on them because they had to replace or refund something, I adjust my tip to be higher to make up for all the other crappy customers.

In a line today and the 3rd lady in line stated out loud. They have 3 check outs and only one open; it was after 6.
One person replied they would probably be thrilled if you would apply!
Many places in our locals towns have short hours due to not enough staff.
People-be kind.

I lmpw what you mean, OP. I've worked retail since 2017, a lot of that time in customer service roles, and I see it many times every day. There have always been entitled people, but in the last year, it has gotten worse. I really want to say something like "I'm a minimum wage worker. Do you really think anyone in corporate is asking my opinion about that issue?" Just today, I had someone yell at me because she was waiting in the wrong place to do a return. Then there was the person who refuses to give me her driver's lisence so I can look up her credit card, trying to tell me she's never had to do that before. Ah, no, lady, you've had to do that for years.

And on and on and on. I get that people are stressed right now, but they really have to stop being so rude to each other. Please.

I lmpw what you mean, OP. I've worked retail since 2017, a lot of that time in customer service roles, and I see it many times every day. There have always been entitled people, but in the last year, it has gotten worse. I really want to say something like "I'm a minimum wage worker. Do you really think anyone in corporate is asking my opinion about that issue?" Just today, I had someone yell at me because she was waiting in the wrong place to do a return. Then there was the person who refuses to give me her driver's lisence so I can look up her credit card, trying to tell me she's never had to do that before. Ah, no, lady, you've had to do that for years.

And on and on and on. I get that people are stressed right now, but they really have to stop being so rude to each other. Please.
IME it doesn't matter if you're paid a certain amount or not people will naturally be edgy towards you because you're the one in front of them (or talking to them). Although you'll often hear "I'm not mad at you of course just mad at...." if they are at least consciously aware of how they are sounding lol

I used to get an earful from insurance agents when I worked at the insurance company call center. They knew I didn't set the rate, they knew I was just giving them the info they asked for, they still would get snippy sometimes downright mean. "Do you know how many customers you're costing me, do you know how hard it is going to be telling my client..." I wasn't getting paid a ton of money but it was def. more than minimum wage. There were so many decisions that we down the food chain were like "what are you doing, you're totally making our jobs harder" it sucked that's for sure. I hated it when I had to tell someone someone else messed up and I'm the one trying to adhere to the rules ugh that was rough there.

I feel you (I also worked in retail) :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter