I Am NOT a Bad, Bad Baby -- TR final updates 9/12

Yeah, and reality has bit me in the you know what this week. I'm so glad you are here. I was thinking of doing a contest to see how quickly before you picked on me. ;)
I'm assuming there will be a Starbucks stop on your travel day, so the smart money would be right there. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

PHew! I finally made it... HOpefully I don't have too much catching up to do.

Only 2 more weeks before my big auction, then I anticpate much more Dis time and I will be able to stay caught up on everyone's TRs/PTRs. :thumbsup2

D~

Wow!! So many friends here both old and new!! Thanks so much for joining in!!

I'm Mary a current SAHM but that will be changing when the girls go back to school in Aug. I love to travel, read and drive my crazy girls all over town :)

ODD is Avery who is 10. She will be starting the 5th grade in Aug and is a competitive gymnast. This summer she is spending lots of time in the gym learning new skills-did her first cartwheels on the high beam yesterday. She also loves reading and Legos

YDD is Cayley who is 7 going on 14. And she has the moods to match....She will be starting 3rd grade in Aug. Her sports passion is Trampoline and Tumbling with some gymnastics thrown in. She is also spending lots of time in the gym this summer. She really wants to get 4 back handsprings in a row for a new level tumbling pass. She also likes to read and listen to music.

We had a fun trip overall, There were some moments that were especially great and not so great. This will be our last trip for awhile since our AP's expired and gymnastics is taking up lots of time and $$$.

Thanks again for reading along

Your girls are getting so big! Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Jill in CO

:cool1:Can't wait to read your TR :) I read the last TR that you did together.

Mary your girls are just lovely.

Kathy, I'm looking forward to reading about a certain meal you were telling me about on FB. Hope you do a DL trip. DL is so fun, I grew up in California, so DL is home to me :thumbsup2

Joining you both Kathy and Mary on your girls trip. We love doing girls trips. Got one in January coming up. Might start a trip report soon...might not.:confused3

We had a fun trip overall, There were some moments that were especially great and not so great. This will be our last trip for awhile since our AP's expired and gymnastics is taking up lots of time and $$$.

The picture everyone is after these days - Anna and Elsa. ::yes::

So glad you girls got to have this trip. I completely understand the $$$ thing. When my kids were little, we didn't take trips for many years, because school life, church activities, and sports took every penny. Things are a bit less stressed now, and what few entertainment dollars I have go to Disney trips.

I will very much enjoy seeing your Disney pictures while we wait out the next five weeks for our turn. :)

Joining... Now going back to read. :)

:welcome::welcome: I love my old readers, but love getting new ones. :)
Thank you for being here.

Write on! :surfweb:

:welcome:another new reader. :yay::yay: Thank you for joining.

Hi Kathy and Mary Finally made it over here. Looking forward to reading! Elaine

Elaine, so good to have you with us as always.

I'm assuming there will be a Starbucks stop on your travel day, so the smart money would be right there. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Oh trust me...there is more that one and girls were involved.

PHew! I finally made it... HOpefully I don't have too much catching up to do.

All you missed was my intro and Mary has now done hers.

Only 2 more weeks before my big auction, then I anticpate much more Dis time and I will be able to stay caught up on everyone's TRs/PTRs. :thumbsup2

D~

Thank you for being here, D. :hug:

Well, why didn't you? Julie could have made pie and you could have squeezed the baby.

Becuase you showed up. And I would love to squeeze the baby but I'm afraid if I did, you'd have to change his diaper. ;)

I'm Mary a current SAHM but that will be changing when the girls go back to school in Aug. I love to travel, read and drive my crazy girls all over town :)

And you love it!

ODD is Avery who is 10. She will be starting the 5th grade in Aug and is a competitive gymnast. This summer she is spending lots of time in the gym learning new skills-did her first cartwheels on the high beam yesterday. She also loves reading and Legos

So proud of her that she did her cartwheels on the beam! Tell her to keep up the great work.

YDD is Cayley who is 7 going on 14. And she has the moods to match....She will be starting 3rd grade in Aug. Her sports passion is Trampoline and Tumbling with some gymnastics thrown in. She is also spending lots of time in the gym this summer. She really wants to get 4 back handsprings in a row for a new level tumbling pass. She also likes to read and listen to music.

Cayley have moods. No, I don't believe that for a moment. :rotfl2:

This was by far one of the highlights of the trip. Those gals--Ana and Elsa--were wonderful!

And why we hope to come to Phoenix in the Spring; I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing you girls for too long.

Thanks again for reading along

Ditto!

Your girls are getting so big! Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Jill in CO

I hope to get the update done this afternoon or tonight (dealing with some family issues at the moment).

YAY for a new TR! And YAY for girls trip!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Julie, I am so happy you are here. Thank you!

:cool1:Can't wait to read your TR :) I read the last TR that you did together.

Thank you for joining again.

Mary your girls are just lovely.

Yes they are...but don't tell them. ;)

Kathy, I'm looking forward to reading about a certain meal you were telling me about on FB. Hope you do a DL trip. DL is so fun, I grew up in California, so DL is home to me :thumbsup2

Was that the Tusker House meal? If so, that is one of the last days of the trip. I really am hoping we can get to DL.

Joining you both Kathy and Mary on your girls trip. We love doing girls trips. Got one in January coming up. Might start a trip report soon...might not.:confused3

Let us know if you start a TR and I will join. I love my girls trips...nice to get away from those men!

The picture everyone is after these days - Anna and Elsa. ::yes::

It most certainly is!

So glad you girls got to have this trip. I completely understand the $$$ thing. When my kids were little, we didn't take trips for many years, because school life, church activities, and sports took every penny. Things are a bit less stressed now, and what few entertainment dollars I have go to Disney trips.

Although we did manage to go with the boys several times, the money was always tight because they were both involved in multiple sports. And it's even got more pricey as time has gone on.

I will very much enjoy seeing your Disney pictures while we wait out the next five weeks for our turn. :)

Hopefully that first update gets done this afternoon or tonight.

Yay! A great update Mary! I cannot believe how much those girls have grown since our Mammoth May Meet! Sorry we weren't able to meet up and say hello. Can't wait to read all about the trip!

Alan

Before I do this update, if you've not read Mary's intros, please do as the girls are adorable. The link is in Post 2.

So the day had finally arrived that Mary, Avery, Cayley and I were going to Disney World. Mary and I had been texting, messaging and talking constantly the last couple of days. Avery kept saying she wanted to go now.

I went to the office for two hours. Why would I go to the office on a vacation day. Well I was flying out of Midway Airport which is a mere 25 minutes from my office and a reasonable cab fare. If I went from home, we were talking a long ride (an hour at least) and an expensive limo fare.

I arrived at the airport in a timely fashion. I checked my luggage curbside and was through security...all within 15 minutes. Good start to the trip.

I watched as they loaded the luggage:

Soon they called for boarding of the plane. I paid for the early boarding so that I was guaranteed a spot in the "A" group and could get the seat I wanted...a window seat.

We were 15 minutes late leaving because some people just can't seem to get their luggage situated and their butts in their seats. But finally we were in the air:

We were served a snack...something a lot of airlines don't do anymore. This turned out to not be a good thing. Because now I am hooked on these darn Wheat Thins:

I snoozed off and on when the kid behind me wasn't kicking my seat while his mother totally ignored him or the woman next to me wasn't snoring and her head falling on my arm. :crazy2:

We had some turbulence but nothing too bad. For someone who used to fear flying something fierce, I get better with each trip. Before long we were getting ready to land:

The original plan was to meet by the "tree" but we forgot it wasn't Christmas season so there was no tree. :rotfl2:

However, I soon found my girls:

We went to the Magical Express and scanned our bans without any problems...at least this time there were no problems. We walked right on to a bus and we were on our way "home."

(lobby at Hospitality House)

Obviously our room was ready since it was already a little after 6 p.m. when we checked in. Mary had asked for a room in the Hospitality Area which we did not get. But we had a great location in Building 25 on *****ular Road...a two minute walk to Hospitality House and a two minute walk to our bus stop. We normally took the bus from *****ular Road since it was the first one picked up and we were guaranteed a seat. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

A few room pics:

The view from our balcony (we were on the second floor in a corner room):

And one of the little girl that LOVES to pose.

After we got our Garden Grocer order and put it all away, we walked back towards the Hospitality House for the first change in our plans.

The first of many changed plans in the trip was we decided NOT to go to DTD for dinner, but to eat at a favorite place right at our resort: Olivia's.

I decided to start the trip off with a bang:

Yes the first of many Turtle Krawls.

Avery's potato soup:

This was Mary's (I forget what it was)

Cayley's grilled cheese:

And my turkey club sandwich:

Let me just say I love those chips and I love Olivia's. It is truly a hidden gem. We had some of our best meals of the trip here (yes, we will eat here again).

Our tummies full, what should we do next?

Well, I guess you will all just have to come back to find out. :)

Great update Kathy! Feel like I'm right there with y'all!

I've always wanted to try Olivia's. We had an ADR for lunch there one day originally but we ended up switching it because we just couldn't get all the ones in that we wanted to visit. We are thinking that we probably won't be doing the dining plan on our next trip and going to Olivia's out of pocket for one of our sit down dinners.

Yay for Mary's arrival! :cool1:

Avery's colorful braces are just too darn cute.

Mary - I hear ya on the AP expiration. Mine just expired last week and I am not going to renew for another year. I'm still going to Disney, but I won't have a park ticket next trip. I know. :faint:

Love the view from your room. Did you see that your road location got XXXX out. :rotfl2: That's funny!

Cynthia and I ate both breakfast and dinner at Olivia's and I absolutely loved it. I will DEFINITELY be going back. the food was wonderful and the TK - well you know its one of my favorite trips on property.

OK - bring on the fun! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter