I am tired of complaining now i will do something about it

I generally only have reported someone if I have seen enough of the exchange to know that it is warrented.

My daughter and I have been on seperate computers and I was giving her a hard time, joking of course, we were both in her room and she had gotten an item I wanted, before I got it. Looking back could someone have reported, maybe. Would it have been neccessary, no LOL.

I did report a boy at the music mix the other day he was dancing with a girl and he said <removed> Whether he meant how I understood it I don't know and I don't care. That kind of suggestive language is not apropriate in any public circle, I don't care the ages.

-Stacey

I stand corrected!!

I was just in my quest room when a boy player came in and was talking to a girl player.
He kept saying Come on bay be get in the shower with me.
She repeated No! No! after each time he said it.

Then he would say what would you do in - caps only - Be Each Day - with me? And other things like that. I watched for a moment. Then reported.
I did not say anything to him and waited for a while as he continued. I then kindly said to him there are other places on the computer you can go to talk like that other then here and I don't like the behavior. After I said that I am not sure if he left or was "removed,"
But I got a message from VMK saying Thank you and the situation has been addressed.

So I hope that means he got the boot!!!

<removed> got banned for doing this till January 17 for reporting too many people for bad things.. UHH HH Horrible thats a double H >_<

Which is why I suggest you use the contact us tool. Staff is very busy and have far too many people using the "help" tool in game. Sorry, but in my opinion, using bad language does not SHOULD NOT take precedence over giving personal information within the game, or over a scam. I'm sorry some of you don't agree.

Well I dont report people just for saying you stink, it is normally very excessive and after several attempts to tell them to watch it. So I feel that my reports are valid. I don't think I abuse it in any way.

I didn't mean this literally. What I mean is what I posted above.

Does anyone have a link to that old newsletter Yavn posted about "What Bugs Yavn"? The search feature here gives me fits, but I was curious what exactly he said about this. I know he said it bugs him when people don't report things, but I don't remember if he mentioned specific things he wanted us to report.

And while I agree that personal information is the most important problem to address, and scamming is big as well, I think the language issue can be a big deal and needs to be reported more often than not (I'm not talking about common insults like "you stink!" or even "you sock!", I mean the dictionary dancing that could make a sailor blush type talk). Players running around typing that garbage for children (and adults) to read ought to be dealt with as fast as possible so they can't keep spreading that stuff throughout the game. Children are being exposed to more and more at earlier ages, and we can't always stop that thanks to the media and the culture in general. But a Disney game sure isn't the place for them to get exposed to this stuff.

Personally, I've reported maybe 6 people in my year + in the game, and I think 3 times were for language. I typically say "This player is using bad language that breaks the VMK values," or however we are able to type it in the report feature. Never have had a problem. Only time I can remember getting the "The report button is for emergencies only. Use Ignore" message was when I reported a boy who was running around "hitting" everyone in a room, threatening to actually harm them, etc. etc. He did that for about 20 minutes before finally going poof. Countless others reported him as well and we all got the same response-- ignore it. :sad2: This was months ago though, and I hope the same situation would be handled very differently now.

Forever, I applaud your efforts, and thank you for trying to make VMK better for us all. :hug:

I just reported someone yesterday, I can't remember what it was for though. Oh, I remember now. This girl was talking to another girl and girl 1 said: "I don't think we go to the same school"
Girl 2 said: "I'm in Middle School"
Girl 1 said: "Me too"
I said: "Don't talk about that, or Both Of You will get banned!"
Girl 1 said: "What is the title of your school?"
Girl 2 said: "My teacher is mean to me."
Girl 1 said: "Why?"
I said: "Change The Subject Or You'll Get Banned!"
Girl 2 said: "I moved something of hers."
-Girl 2 disapears-
Girl 1: "Where did you go?"
:confused3

Thanks all of you for your support in this matter. I wondered how my post would be viewed and am now glad I have posted this. Now for some updates:

I talked to Phinny tonight. Here lies the difference in staff, Lily asked me to keep reporting and Phinny asked that I not go looking for players who are breaking rules (as in go looking for the rooms). I will heed her warning but still I will be going to those rooms. She did ask that only really bad things be reported, which is totally understandable. I asked her if things such as hitting or kicking need to be reported (since I have not done so but have seen a lot of it) and she said not to report them. She said that there were people breaking much more serious rules and those are the ones that need to be taken care of. OK I can understand that. Can kids cope with the fact of someone hitting or kicking them?? Yeah they can and they can hit ignore. If the only problem in VMK was hitting or kicking I think that would be a wonderfull day and by all means staff would be able to deal with it. However bc there are so many really serious issues those minor reports are the ones they do not need right now.

Most of you can find some humor in this ,as I have. Upon entering a baby school I watched as babies were pretending to shoot each other. Disturbing as that was it was the part of the body they were shooting that bothered me. No place in Disney should allow swearing. I reported one player and while attempting to report a second player I discovered my report feature had been disabled with a weird message saying Error at the top and inside the staff resaponse box I got we will look into this and you will hear from us within 24 hours Repeated reports are not needed.. (or something to that nature) . I went to my own room and tried to report myself saying I need to talk to staff (something I suggest no one should do). I got the same message again. So I went straight to Phinny's game room and asked her why it was turned off and could it be turned back on. She told me that she had never heard of such a thing but would make a report of it for me. I guess i had reached my report limit for the day? lol

Now please please please ppl understand that staff do not want any minor reports. Please try to refrain from reporting minor things such hitting, kicking, bitting, saying stink.i or dumbo.. you get the idea. They need to concentrate their efforts on the serious problems. Each time there is a report it needs to be read and responded too. I am not going into any rooms and reporting everything I see. Only if I see serious rule breaking will I bother staff with a report. Sometimes if I get a good vibe then I will just politely ask them not to say something or remind them that their words or actions can result in a ban. If I feel there may be an arguement then by all means I ask for staff to come handle it. Please remember that the staffs job are not an easy one and at the end of the day their nerves must be frayed within an inch.. last thing any of us wants it to put them over that edge. Apparantly one must have been a little over the edge tonight when my report got turned off lol. Oh well tomorrow is another day and I will be back at it again.

Thanks everyone and I will keep you updated as much as I can.

Also I would like to add. If it is not ok to say in VMK then it is not ok to say here either. Please I would like to keep this post open to talk but if people break the DIS rules then the MOD's here will have no choice but to close this topic. If you have posted something you are unsure of please edit it asap. Better to be safe than sorry. I really dont want to see anyone here get in trouble because of a post I started.

Thanks all :D

Obviously there are a lot of players gone wild in the Kingdom, and obviously it's hard for moderators to take care of all of it. You'd have to have an army of people strictly assigned to monitor rooms to get rid of all of the problems. I was a moderator for a few years on a TV show message board that had over 700 members, and that was a nightmare just dealing with that and getting after people for breaking the no profanity rule. I think we had about 20 mods total, and it was still a nightmare. :sad2:

Personally, I'd be perfectly willing to pay to play VMK if it was for a reason such as hiring more people to watch the chat in rooms and deal with reports. I know since I started playing in November 2005, I've seen a lot of things go downhill and the behavior keeps getting worse and worse. I think for now the best thing the folks in charge could do is change the report feature both so we can actually explain more clearly what is happening without having to fight the dictionary, and so there's some sort of category check boxes for what the problem is. Personal information would then be given top priority, scamming and vulgarity 2nd, 3rd, and so on. Seems like it would make life a lot easier for the staff if they had some way of sorting everything to see what needed their attention first.

I know that time myself and others reported that boy who was "hitting" people, he was also threatening to "get" them and hit them in real life (hence my comment about "threatening to actually harm them"). One person claimed she really did know him in real life and was scared (needless to say that's hard to explain via the report button). Whether she was lying or not, I felt like I couldn't just sit there and ignore that. I guess, as with all things, everyone has to use their best judgment and responsibly report the really bad things as they see fit. Of course the real parks have their share of problems as well... between strollers used as battering rams, line cutters, people smoking in non-designated areas, foul language, and downright crabbiness, it can get old after a few days. But, as with VMK, I truly believe the good people outweigh the bad. :wizard:

I have only been playing vmk for a couple of months, but would like to put in my own two cents. First I have not used the report feature. Perhaps I shouldn't comment. (?)

If the report feature does not have some type of option (like a check box) for the type of problem you are reporting maybe that is an enhancement that could be done.

You know some type of a check box for the more common problems with a small area where you could insert details. And a special box for "the most severe problems". I would think this would help the mods on their end to have the incoming reports somehow automatically ranked.

Again just my two cents. And as someone that is not very good at POTC I have heard my fair share of remarks to the point that I pretty much dread playing that game.

i agree. that's a really good idea. I see instances of name calling (my sister said that when she was playing POTC someone called another player <REMOVED>), making out, and babies all the time. it does need to be stopped but so do the more severe problems. categorizing it would be a huge help for the staff so that all of these dangerous instances can be stopped.

Please let me again remind everyone that DICTIONARY DANCING is NOT allowed in VMK and it is NOTallowed on the DIS either for any reason!

:sad2:

Also I would like to add. If it is not ok to say in VMK then it is not ok to say here either. Please I would like to keep this post open to talk but if people break the DIS rules then the MOD's here will have no choice but to close this topic. If you have posted something you are unsure of please edit it asap. Better to be safe than sorry. I really dont want to see anyone here get in trouble because of a post I started.

Thanks all :D

Please listen to Forever's suggestion if dictionary dancing continues in this thread it will be closed.

Sounds like you need help or you have way to much time on your hands maybe you should just play the game for what it is. I think you need to cool it on the reporting because staff and host dont care about it why should you?
your not going to get any police pins! just mind your self and not others thx maybe try a new game!

Sounds like you need help or you have way to much time on your hands maybe you should just play the game for what it is. I think you need to cool it on the reporting because staff and host dont care about it why should you?
your not going to get any police pins! just mind your self and not others thx maybe try a new game!

First off It is not acceptable to flame people for their beliefs or objectives. If this is how WDW chooses to play VMK then by all means it her right to do so. Just because you don't happen to agree with it does not make it your right to tell her how to play. As far as staff caring, yes they do care but it is a bit of an overwhelming task when you consider that at most there are 8 staff on at the same time as 4000 players.

Please if you disagree remember to attack the problem not the poster

:goodvibes Keep up the mission WDW :goodvibes

It has been discussed before, that a check-box report system would be a big help, and I agree. I really like this idea, and hope that one day staff will consider this method. I also think that making an unlimited dictionary in the Report function only would be a great idea.

However, one tiny thing I want to comment on. Somebody mentioned having a special section for the most severe problems, but I think that this section would be very abused. Everyone thinks that their problems are the most severe, otherwise they wouldn't be reporting. Probably not many people would be using the real section, so it wouldn't matter if there was a ''most severe'' section at all. Anyways, just my thoughts on the subject.

~C.B.

Ok, question for you all. I rarely report players myself unless it's blatent such as asking another player for their login information and things of that nature. But my question is, do you report people for cheating? I mean when a description says one thing and you go to the room and it's clearly a room as described but the player changes the description and/or rules to not give out a prize.

For instance, I did report someone today who's description stated spin to win, each no. is a different prize, every no. wins. When I entered the room there were only two of us in there and the owner immediately took away the random number generator and then asked us to pay to play. I didn't say anything but the other player said...nevermind. Then the owner said j/k and put it back. The owner then said go ahead and spin to me. I spun and she said I lose. I said your description says that every no. wins a prize. She said pay or boot. I said...change your decription then. She said I did..read it. When I read it...it said every no. wins a prize except..."of course the number I spun." I reported the owner and VMK responded and said "We will look into it."

Was I wrong to get mad enough to report? I just don't like liars and cheaters and I felt that this one crossed the line. The prize doesn't have anything to do with this...it's the principle of being honost.

Do what you say, say what you mean. Simple enough for me.

Your thoughts?

Raccyn, based on what you said, I would have reported the owner too. That falls under the category of scamming, I would say.

My general advice to everyone is never, ever, ever play "pay to play" games (aka don't even go in the room if the description says that's what it is). They're just a scam waiting to happen if you ask me, and I'm equally concerned about the turnstile and how players might abuse that feature. :worried:

ok now I have seen it all.
a room where two people are having a wedding?! :sad2:

I reported it before I was booted from the room.

Raccyn, I did report a room (and person) for having a room that said "Free spin for rare". And the description said that spins on the generator were free.
Well, when you got into the room, she was charging rare items so that people could spin. I got the message stating that if I didn't want to pay to play, then find another room that was free.

Looking and thinking back, I guess her wording was tricky. Instead of her meaning that we could win rare items by getting to spin for free, she could have meant that we were free to spin for whatever after we paid her something rare. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter