"I Beat the Refrigerator into Submission"...Wait, What?--an Oct.14 TR*FINISHED 4/9*

phlppians413

Mouseketeer
Hey y'all!! :wave:

So I'm finally getting started on this TR. :cool1: We've been back from the Most Magical Place on Earth for about three weeks now, so I figure it's time to get started. If you're interested, you can find all the planning that went into this trip in my PTR "There's No Place Like Home" Please feel free to let me know you're along for the ride!

And now, on with the show!! :thumbsup2

Table of Contents

Our Cast
Day 1 Part 1: "You Do Not Bite!"
Day 1 Part 2: "You Do Not Bite!"
Day 2 Part 1: The Tomorrowland Slowway
Day 2 Part 2: "Are You Doing Homework?!"
Day 2 Part 3: "AAaaaaaAAAaaaaAAAA!"
Day 3 Part 1: Olaf Looks...Drunk
Day 3 Part 2: "Ladies and Gentleman, Your Boats Have Stopped and May Begin Floating Backwards"
Day 3 Part 3: "Ladies and Gentleman, Your Boats Have Stopped and May Begin Floating Backwards"
Day 4 Part 1: "Grim Grinning Ghosts Come Out to Socialize!"
Day 4 Part 2: "Grim Grinning Ghosts Come Out to Socialize!"
Day 4 Part 3: "Raise Your Hand If..."
Day 5 Part 1: Halfway Around the World in a Day
Day 5 Part 2: British Accents, Oh My!
Day 6 Part 1: Three, Two, One, Blastoff!
Day 6 Part 2: Mini Golf and Sweets
Day 7: The Other Half of the World
Day 8 Part 1: DOLPHINS!
Day 8 Part 2: DOLPHINS!...Again
Day 8 Part 3: "YYYYYYY MMMMMM CCCCCC AAAAA"
Day 9 Part 1: Early Morning on the Savannah

Day 9 Part 2: Screams of Terror
Day 9 Part 3: From "Hakuna Matata" to "Just Keep Swimming"
Day 9 Part 4: FRANKIE!!
Day 10 Part 1: "For the First Time in Forever..."
Day 10 Part 2: "Course by Course!"
Day 10 Part 3: "It All Started with a Mouse"
Day 10 Part 4: Alone in MK
Day 11: So Long, Farewell!

Last edited:
First up is our cast for this October spectacular (Yes, I'm just copying & pasting my intros from my PTR, but oh well :rotfl2:)

First up is...

Me :tinker:: I'm a teenage Disney fanatic! No, actually, I think it's more of an obsession... :rolleyes1

Anyway

Some of my favorites...

Park: Magic Kingdom & Blizzard Beach

Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad & Space Mountain

Attraction:
Mickey's Philharmagic & Festival of the Lion King

Movie: ummm...wow, that's a tough one...I guess either The Little Mermaid or The Lion King/Lion King II, but that's only if I have to pick one (which is practically impossible)....OH! I almost forgot Frozen! What is wrong with me?!

Character: again, really hard...probably Tinker Bell or Kiara or Ariel or Nala or...well you get the idea

This is me on my first trip in 2003:

And on my most recent trip in 2013

Next up on our cast list...

DLB :stitch:: he's not quite as into Disney as I am, but he does have fun when we go! Except when it comes to "thrill rides" that is (like Splash, or BTMRR, etc.) He doesn't want anything to do with those! :confused3

Some of his favorites...

Park: Epcot

Ride: Test Track...which he's never ridden until this trip, but whatever

Attraction: Festival of the Lion King (which he has deemed the Tumble Monkey show)

Movie:
all 4 Pirates of the Caribbean

Character: Captain Jack Sparrow

This is us in 2013

Next up...

Mom ::MinnieMo: 2Monkeys here on the DIS & the other Disney fanatic in our family! She & I are practically the same person...& I'm not exaggerating! :rotfl:

Some of her favorites...

Park: Magic Kingdom

Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Attraction: Mickey's Philharmagic

Movie: umm.. all of them!

Character: Sorcerer Mickey:smickey:

This is the 2 of us on our most recent trip in 2013

Up next...

Dad :goofy:: the biggest kid in our family! He's been affectionately dubbed "Goofy" & is the true thrill-seeker out of the 4 of us!

Some of his favorites...

Park: Blizzard Beach

Ride: Rock 'n' Rollercoaster

Attraction: Lights, Motor, Action! & Festival of the Lion King

Movie: ummm... he couldn't give me an answer haha

Character: Goofy, of course! :goofy:

This is us on my first trip...

in 2013

And last but not least, there's one additional character along for the ride: FLOUNDER:woohoo:

In November, we went to see Disney on Ice: Princess and Heroes. princess:princess: I LOVED this show! :love: But that's not what this post is about.:offtopic: While walking around and looking at all the Disney merchandise you could buy before and after the show, I spotted something I knew a had to have...a miniature stuffed Flounder! Yes, Flounder as in Ariel's best friend. :jumping1::sail::fish:

Well, (and I am stealing this idea) I decided that Flounder is coming along on this trip. He'll be part of a photo journal of sorts. He fits easily into my backpack that I carry around the parks, so it'll be easy to carry him around to take pictures with.

This picture is from the night of the show. Sorry it's such a bad quality picture; I took it on an iPhone...in the dark. And my hair looks ratchet.

Day 1: October 2nd (Arrival)

On this most magical Thursday, we would be departing for WDW...but not until 5:50 that evening. :worried: Let's just say that that made for the longest day. EVER.

It started off with me waking up an hour before my alarm went off. Great. One more hour that I have to consciously go through before I go to my happy place.

Somehow, I made it through school that day (I'm really not sure how, but I did :rotfl:) I gave my BFF a hug as I left, and then I got the heck out of dodge. We rushed home, changed, grabbed the rest of our stuff that wasn't already in the car, and hurried out the door.

I have to say that I was rather impressed with us, because we left the house right on schedule, something that doesn't normally occur with this family.
Unlike my last departure to Orlando, there were no snafus in security (if you'd like to read that story, the link is in my signature). We made our way to our gate, and sat down to wait. Hey, that rhymed!:rotfl:

We'd brought snacks with us to eat while we waited, and I tried to read some. But frankly, I was just too excited to really focus on anything. I mean, WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! :banana:

So to pass the time, Mom and I took pictures with Flounder.

He was quite fascinated by the planes.

FINALLY, they called our flight to board. :cool1:

Flounder was goofing off while we waited.

We took off, and they started bringing out drinks. And then we hit turbulence. :scared1:

I had been coloring in my Disney coloring book (yes, I am a five year old)

But the turbulence was so bad that I was having trouble. So I broke out my headphones and tried to just block out the fact that I was a nervous wreck.

We finally got out of the turbulence and I looked out the window and saw this:

I handed my phone to DLB, who was sitting by the window, so I could have that picture. About half and hour later, we were flying over downtown Orlando.

We were so close! :yay:

As we were descending, I heard a little boy behind me scream, "You do not bite!" Umm...okay?:rotfl:

We landed, and then we hit some trouble. Well, we hit some trouble after we took this:

We found all of our bags, no problem (which was a great relief, because Mom is always afraid they're going to lose our luggage). But then we couldn't find the ME.

Mom & I hadn't checked bags last time, so we didn't know how to get from baggage claim to ME...Uh, problem.

It took us a ridiculous amount of time to find it, but we finally did. We scanned our MBs without any issues and got in line. Flounder was being silly while we waited.

Mom & I were so excited: WE'RE ALMOST IN DISNEY WORLD!

We boarded ME, and were soon on our way! Flounder was very happy to finally be on board ME.

Before we knew it....

Please excuse the crappy iPhone picture..we were moving and it was really late.

I was finally home!!!

*continued in next post*

Day 1: October 2nd (Arrival) Part 2
Soon we were pulling in Pop Century!! :cool1: We got our luggage off ME, checked in, and began the trek back to the 90s building. We quickly figured out, however, that it was much faster to cut across the parking lot to get to and from the bus stops/the front of the resort.

We'd ended up booking two rooms, because we knew one wouldn't be enough space (or bathrooms) for the four of us.

So cute!

We threw our stuff down then headed back to the food court (by way of the parking lot this time) for some food. It had been a while since we'd eaten! We decided just to order a large pizza and then sat down to wait. I had my old dance team jacket on, and I actually had someone recognize the logo and come up and tell me that her daughter dances at the same studio! What are the odds of that? :dance3:

After we finished our pizza, we headed back to the room to unpack. I quickly took some notes on the day's happenings. Our food order had reached our resort (thank goodness) so we were very relieved about that. After I finished my notes, I went to bed, knowing that we had an early morning the next day! :cool1:

*Up Next: Magic Kingdom!*

Joining along!

I hate leaving for vacation on a school day. Omg literally the worst. Haha I never get anything done in my classes when I know I'm leaving afterwards.

I FULLY approve of your decision to bring along Flounder.

You'll have to tell us about how pop-c is as a resort. I've never stayed in any of the value resorts and I've heard that pop-c and AoA are fun ones.

Magic Kingdom is my fav. Can't wait to hear about it :)

Joining along!

I hate leaving for vacation on a school day. Omg literally the worst. Haha I never get anything done in my classes when I know I'm leaving afterwards.

I FULLY approve of your decision to bring along Flounder.

You'll have to tell us about how pop-c is as a resort. I've never stayed in any of the value resorts and I've heard that pop-c and AoA are fun ones.

Magic Kingdom is my fav. Can't wait to hear about it :)

Thanks for joining in!!

I know what you mean about not getting anything done...I was so distracted ALL day just counting down the hours! Flounder & I had a lot of fun, although we didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.
We hadn't stayed at Pop since 2007, but I really like it. The theme-ing (is that even a word :rotfl: ?) is really cute and fun. It was a lot more spread out than I remember, especially with us being in the 90s building. Thankfully we figured out fairly quickly that it was a whole lot faster just to cut across the parking lot. :thumbsup2

Hey y'all!! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated this TR; life has gotten kind of crazy, and Mom and I were also have some picture issues. :crazy2: But now everything is right in the world of Disney pictures, and I'm ready to get started!

Here we goooooo!

Day 2: Friday October 3rd, 2014 (MK)

When the alarm went off in the morning, I darted out of bed. I was in Disney World, for crying out loud! DLB had a little trouble getting up, but that was expected. We ate breakfast in the room then headed down to the bus stop a little before 8 AM.

On this day, I was wearing my shirt that says "I'm 99.9% Sure I'm a Disney Princess." Unfortunately, you can't really read it from far away. :confused3

We only waited a few minutes and were on an MK-bound bus by 8 AM. Flounder was being silly (as usual).

Before I knew it, we were pulling into the Magic Kingdom!! :cool1: Mom & I were barely containing our squeals of excitement. We practically ran through bag check, scanned our Magic Bands with no problems, and took in the sights.

WELCOME TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM!

...where there are people everywhere

We hurried on over to Fantasyland, specifically the 7 Dwarfs' Mine Train...or not! The line was already outside the queue, and it was only like 9:05 AM! Um, we'll come back later.

So onto Plan B. Dad and I headed for Space, while Mom & DLB went to ride Buzz. Along the way, I spotted a certain alien experiment with no line, so I hopped on over to say hello. :stitch2::stitch:

Space was fantastic, as usual! We got a rider swap for Mom & I to use later since DLB won't ride. We walked over to where we were supposed to meet Mom & DLB, and then my phone starts ringing (it was pretty funny to hear Miranda Lambert playing pretty loudly in the middle of Tomorrowland). Mom was calling me from the PeopleMover. Apparently she and DLB had gotten done on Buzz then gotten on the People Mover and were currently stopped. So Dad and I headed over to Buzz (I'm pretty sure I lost...again).

We finally met back up, and then DLB insisted on riding the Tomorrowland Speedway.

More like the Tomorrowland SLOWway. :drive: The 10 minute posted wait was more like 25 minutes, not to mention the fact that I thought my car was going to stop in the middle of the track it was so slow.

So after finally getting off the Slowway, I wanted to recreate an old picture by the Mad Tea Party.

This is the original (2003)

This is the recreation (2014)

We began to make our way over to Adventureland. On the way, I spotted a cart with the ears I wanted, so I stopped and got them. ::MinnieMo I also made my first pin trade of the trip.

As we passed the castle, we stopped for our first PP op of the trip.

Family photo!

It was here that I stopped for another recreated photo.

This is the original (2003):

This is the recreation (2014):

*continued in next post*

Day 2 Part 2: Friday October 3rd, 2014

Oh, here's an edited version of our family photo (if you can't tell I have a thing for black and white pictures)

We eventually made it over to Adventureland. Now, the entire time we were walking that direction, we thought DLB wanted to ride Magic Carpets. So that's what we did.

NOT what he wanted to do. He wanted to ride PoC. Oops. :scratchin:laughing: So that's where we went next. We were getting ready to board our boat, and DLB started fighting Mom for the outside seat. She ended up letting him have it.

DLB got drenched.

I don't know if there were more cannons that time than usual, but he got WET! Haha..that's what you get:rotfl2:

Speaking of getting wet, we went over to Splash next. Well, really, we rushed over there before DLB changed his mind about riding. :ssst: Okay, I'm just going to say that I have NEVER gotten that wet on Splash. Never. My denim shorts did not dry completely until like 6 hours later; I was THAT wet.

By this point, the small breakfast we'd eaten in the room had worn off, and we were all hungry. So we headed over to Sleepy Hollow. Mom and Dad shared a sweet and sour chicken waffle sandwich, and DLB got a waffle with cinnamon. Now, don't get me wrong, I like waffles, but I have to be in a certain mood for them. And I just wasn't feelin' it right then.

So instead, we went over to Pinocchio's Village Haus, where DLB and I shared and meatball sub. That sub was GOOD. ::yes::

After we finished our lunch, it was 12:20 PM, which meant it was time for our PPF FP+ It never ceases to amaze me how long that stand-by line gets, so I was glad we had a FP+ for it. After PPF we headed on over to HM, which had a pretty short wait. We got stopped in the ballroom, for a while though, and our Ghost Host kept telling everyone to remain seated...

Something tells me people weren't remaining seated. Just a hunch, though:confused3

After we got off HM, Dad and DLB left MK to go to the expo for the ToT 10-miler. Which meant that Mom and I had the rest of the afternoon to do whatever we wanted... #yaaasssss (yes I just hastagged on the DIS; that's a thing, right? No, okay, well I'm making it a thing:thumbsup2)

Mom and I decided to make a stop at the Tangled bathrooms, which we had not yet seen. When she and I were there in January 2013, only Rapunzel's tower was up. That bathroom area is so cute! (that is definitely on the list of things I never thought I'd say)

Then we headed to Mickey's Philharmagic, a favorite of ours!:wizard:pixiedust: Seeing Donald's butt hanging out of a wall never gets old.

Flounder thought it was a good idea to try out my "opry glasses"

Since we were in the area (sort of anyway), we walked over to Tiana's Garden. No Tiana. Actually, no Tiana at all that day; instead the area was being used for two of Cinderella's mice...mice that aren't even named in Cinderella. This has never made any sense to me; if there's going to be a M&G with Cinderella's mice, why couldn't be with Jacques and Gus? Why does it have to be Susie and Pearl, who no one knows? *rant over*

ANYWAY, no go on the Tiana M&G, so we headed over to Splash, where we'd seen Woody and Jessie earlier. Two hour wait or more? No thank you.

By this time we'd wasted almost 45 minutes, and we only had about half an hour until our FP+ for BTMRR. So we decided to ride stand-by. It was posted 20 minutes, but ended up only being like 12. When we got off, it was time for our 2-3 FP+ window.

At this point, Mom and I were craving something sweet, and it was almost time of FoF. We walked over to Aloha Isle to get a dole whip...or not. The line was down by the Aladdin and Jasmine M&G.
I suggested Aunite Gravity's so that we'd be on the right side of the park for FoF. So that's where we went to get the fastest-melting ice cream ever. After our ice cream, we staked out a spot for FoF and actually managed to get a spot on the sidewalk right in front of the castle.

The bad part was we were in the direct sunlight. I got out my notebook and started taking notes on our day so far. It was as I did this that I had my favorite CM encounter of the trip.

This CM's name was Gilbert. He walks up to me and asks "Are you doing homework?!" This caused me to look up in surprise. When I told him I was taking notes for my trip report, he turns to the kid sitting next to me and says "She does homework even when she's on vacation."

Gilbert then looks at me and says, "You're the trashcan guardian. Don't let anybody sit in front of that trashcan." Okay.

As we waited for the parade, Gilbert would come over to me at random moments and give me updates on how many points I had. Finally, we started to hear music. Festival of Fantasy was upon us!!

Tink is absolutely my twin

*continued in next post*

I just stumbled on this and I'm reading along. I love the Flounder pics - he is one silly fish!

I love all of your recreations of old family photos - it's so special that you're able to do that!

I've had a cast member make fun of me for bringing homework to the park with me (I was in grad school and it was the week before midterms). I actually really enjoy it when the CMs poke fun at me - and it's even better when they continue the bit!

I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip!

Day 2 Part 3: Friday October 3rd, 2014

After the parade, Mom and I headed over to the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland for some water. We chugged it, then headed over to Space to use our rider swaps from that morning.

I figured out where the ride camera is, so I decided to pose.

My fingers were not fast enough for Space Mountain.

After Space, we headed to Town Square Theater to meet Tink! When I showed her my shoes she said, "I've never signed a shoe before!"

After saying farewell to my twin, we went to Under the Sea. I absolutely adore this ride, and Flounder was excited to be back in his natural habitat.

As we got off, we heard a little boy behind us trying to sing like Ariel: "aaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAAA!"

As we walked past Ariel's Grotto, we saw there was only a 10 minute wait. We still had a few minutes before our next FP so we swam into the line (haha see what I did there? :rotfl:)

When Ariel saw Flounder she said, "He shrunk!"

And now, the moment we've all been waiting for; our final FP+ of the day.....

THE SEVEN DWARFS' MINE TRAIN!! :cool1::cool1:

Our 5:40 window had finally arrived. We hopped in line and waited like maybe 7 minutes. :thumbsup2

I loved this ride!! It was SO smooth & so so much fun!!!

Then it was time to head over to DHS to meet the boys. Our feet were tired, so we decided to take the monorail to the Contemporary instead of walking. That was a good plan...until we realized we didn't know where the bus stops were. Thankfully, I found them just before Mom asked a CM.

3 DTD and 2 AK buses later, a DHS bus finally comes, and an hour after leaving MK, we're on our way. We texted the boys from the bus and told them to go ahead and get food if they wanted it and get in line for Fantasmic!

We finally made it to DHS, and we actually managed to find the guys, who were already seated for Fantasmic! We got popcorn and water and sat down to wait.

Fantasmic! never gets old. We didn't take any pictures this time, but we were too busy enjoying the show. There were some parts that I didn't remember from the last time we saw it (Jan. 2013), one of which being the water catching on fire. For most people, that's not a big deal, but I have an extreme fear of fire (an irrational fear but still). So that wasn't really my finest moment.

We made our way to the front of the park and the bus stops. Once we got back to Pop, Mom and I sent the boys to get the mugs from the room. I pin traded with a CM in the gift shop while we waited. The boys got back and we all went to get food. I got sesame chicken, Mom and DLB got burgers, and Dad got rotisserie chicken. Dad and I really enjoyed ours; Mom and DLB...not so much.

We headed back to the room to get ready for bed. I was taking TR notes when I noticed a weird ringing sound. Mom noticed it too, and spent the next half hour trying to figure out what was causing the noise. We finally figured out it was coming from the fridge.

The noise is driving Mom CRAZY. So she starts kicking and beating the fridge to get it to stop. It finally did stop, and Mom says "I beat the refrigerator into submission."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the title of this TR came about.

PS: the noise came back :faint:

*Up next: DHS*!

I just stumbled on this and I'm reading along. I love the Flounder pics - he is one silly fish!

I love all of your recreations of old family photos - it's so special that you're able to do that!

I've had a cast member make fun of me for bringing homework to the park with me (I was in grad school and it was the week before midterms). I actually really enjoy it when the CMs poke fun at me - and it's even better when they continue the bit!

I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip!

Thanks for joining in!!

Hey y'all!! Last time I left off, we'd just gone to bed after Fantasmic! Let's get on with the show!:cool1:

Day 3: Saturday October 4th, 2014

It was the day we were headed to DHS and its morning EMH. We ate breakfast in the room, then stopped at the food court to get some caffeine. By the time we actually made it to the bus stop, it was about 7:10.

Before long, we were in DHS!

As soon as the park opened, we went straight to TSMM. We hardly waited at all, and then we decided to ride stand-by a second time since we didn't have a FP for later. We probably only waited 25 minutes the second time.

Dad and I took selfies in line...I'm not sure what he's doing here

Or in this one

After our second ride, Dad headed off to get in single-rider for RnRC. Here's his ride picture.

I spotted Daisy near the hat, and we hopped in line.

We stopped for some PP pics on our way to meet Dad.

We met up with Dad near the GMR and got in line. I may or may not have squealed when I saw Scarlett O'Hara's dress...unfortunately, the pictures didn't really turn out.

After the GMR we headed on over to the Animation Academy. We'd never gotten to learn how to draw a character, so this was on Mom's list of must-dos for this trip.

We get into our class and learn that we're going to be drawing Olaf!! Now, one would think that drawing a snowman would be easy, right?

WRONG. It was actually really hard! Dad's turned out the best. Mine, well... my Olaf looked drunk.

This is Dad's.

This is Mom's.

This is DLB's.

And this is mine.

See? Drunk Olaf. :lmao:

Anyways, after our class, the boys went off to...you know, I don't know what they did. All I know is they weren't with us when Mom and I got in line to meet...

Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope!

Ralph nearly knocked me and Mom over when he hugged us. His hands are as big as me! Vanellope seemed a little upset that none of my pins looked .
like her.

After we met Ralph and Vanellope, we realized there was a M&G for Minnie, and there was no one in line! So of course we rushed over there. Her dress was so sparkly!

We were on our way out when we saw the Incredibles had a short line too. Since we still had a few minutes until we had to meet the boys for lunch, we hopped in line.

After our back to back to back M&Gs, it was time for lunch. We had an ADR for Mama Melrose!

On our way, I spotted a poster for one of my favorite shows of all time. So. I made Mom stop and take a picture.

A few minutes later, we reached our destination.

We sat down on a bench and waited for the boys. Once they got there, we checked in and were seated pretty quickly. This was my first trip with food allergies, so it definitely took some getting used to. The chef came out and talked to me for a minute, and then we ordered.

Flounder wanted some of my bread.

DLB and I both got chicken Parmesan, Dad got chicken Campanella, and Mom got charred strip steak.

Oh my stars that food was absolutely fantastic! Stuffed to the brim, we split up once more. Dad and DLB headed over to LMA while Mom and I went to see VoLM.

I love the Little Mermaid, and I always forget how condensed the story is in the show. I was surprised when we weren't rained on; I guess they took that part out. After the show was over, we went to meet the boys at Muppet Vision. :3dglasses

After Muppets, Dad and DLB headed back to Pop. Dad needed to rest up before his race, and DLB didn't want to go to Beauty and the Beast with me and Mom. At some point we took these pictures.

Once the boys left, Mom and I headed over to see Beauty and the Beast. I absolutely LOVE this show, ever since I was a little girl. It's definitely a tradition for Mom and I to see it. It's my dream to be in that show.

After the show, Mom and I headed for the bus stop. I had her stop and take my picture first, though.

Soon we were back at Pop. Dad and DLB were sound asleep, and Mom and I decided to go ahead and decorate our window.

After the window was done, we went and lay down for a while. Dad got up and got ready so that he could leave for his race by 7.

*up next: MK EMH!*

TSMM twice in a row ... I'm jealous! I never manage to be there for EMH, so it's always a super long line when I make it there.

Olaf does look a little drunk in that drawing ... I guess he partied too hard at the coronation.

I'm super excited that you took a picture with the Once Upon a Time poster. I reigned myself in a bit this year, but last year I had to take a picture of everything I saw related to Once Upon a Time (which was really just a billboard, but still ... I stopped in the middle of walking to take it). I really love that show. I thought I'd be annoyed that they brought Frozen to the show, but I actually really like the Frozen plotline (although I'm 2 weeks behind, so I don't know if that will change when I catch up).

I can't believe they took the wet part of the Little Mermaid show out ... that's all I remember from when I saw it a few years ago!

I love the window decorations - super cute!

TSMM twice in a row ... I'm jealous! I never manage to be there for EMH, so it's always a super long line when I make it there.

Olaf does look a little drunk in that drawing ... I guess he partied too hard at the coronation.

I'm super excited that you took a picture with the Once Upon a Time poster. I reigned myself in a bit this year, but last year I had to take a picture of everything I saw related to Once Upon a Time (which was really just a billboard, but still ... I stopped in the middle of walking to take it). I really love that show. I thought I'd be annoyed that they brought Frozen to the show, but I actually really like the Frozen plotline (although I'm 2 weeks behind, so I don't know if that will change when I catch up).

I can't believe they took the wet part of the Little Mermaid show out ... that's all I remember from when I saw it a few years ago!

I love the window decorations - super cute!

EMH or FP is pretty much the only way we do TSMM. I'm seriously obsessed with OUAT!! It's actually kind of a problem:rotfl:

Day 3 Part 2: Saturday October 4th, 2014

Let's see, where were we? Oh, right.

Not long after Dad left for the ToT 10-miler, Mom, DLB, and I got on a bus for MK. There were EMH that night, and we were determined to make the most of it. We had a FP+ for 7DMT at 7:55, and we got to MK right before that. Talk about perfect timing! :thumbsup2

This would be DLB's first time to ride it, and honestly, Mom and I were a little nervous. DLB isn't big on rollercoasters, so we weren't sure how he'd react to this one.

HE LOVED IT! I was so happy that he actually liked it. He said that a lot of it was how smooth it was. Because there were only three of us, I had to ride next to a stranger...which is one of those things that I hate. I have this...phobia I guess of sitting next to people I don't know. I guess maybe I'm just super shy or something...:offtopic:

Anyway

The ride pictures turned out really cool in the dark, but that light is BRIGHT!

We decided it was time for ice cream. :mickeybar: So we headed over to Auntie Gravity's. This time, the ice cream wasn't the fastest melting ice cream ever, so I got to enjoy it.

Now DLB loves Astro Orbiter. Mom and I do not. But, because I'm just an awesome big sister :hug:, I'd told him I would ride it with him once this night.

Oh. My. Stars. I was scared for my life! :scared1:It was SO high and a heck of a lot faster than I was prepared for.

Yup, that is definitely fear in my eyes.

After my heart rate got back to normal, we went to ride Buzz. I did worse than normal...which is pretty hard to do.

We rode Buzz so many times this night that I'm not sure if this is the right ride picture, but we're just gonna go with it! :thumbsup2

We were very focused on our mission.

By the time we got off Buzz, it was time for our 8:55 FP for Jungle Cruise. I'm not gonna lie, that tunnel was a little bit creepy at night. Since there are kiosks right outside JC and we'd missed our first FP (though I can't remember what it was for), we booked a new FP...for (yup, you guessed it) Buzz. Our window wasn't until 10:10, so we headed over to PoC.

Mom and I were trying to do DLB's favorites this night since we'd gotten some time to ourselves the day before, but this would turn out to be the source of our problem.

We got in line, and (as usual) it moved very quickly. It wasn't until we got in our boat, however, that we realized how many extremely loud people were in front of us. :badpc:

So, we decided to retaliate. As we reached the little drop, the three of us looked at each other and knew what we had to do. We went over the edge of the hill, and SCREAMED. I mean top of our lungs screaming bloody murder. It was pretty entertaining popcorn::

Well, our ride continues. And then, right about here:

We stopped. Now, as most of you know, it is not unusual for a PoC boat to just stop. We often joke about playing "bumper boats", but this was no laughing matter (well it is now but that's beside the point :confused3)

We stayed stopped. The lights came on. The audio stopped running. I swear we heard "Ladies and Gentlemen, your boats have stopped moving and may begin floating backwards. For your safety, please remain seated" a hundred times! We sat there, and sat there, and sat there. Finally, a few CMs appeared, and one of them was in hip-waders. Bless her heart, she got in the water, pulled the boat forward, and held it while everyone was evacuated out of the ride.

We were almost instantly outside and it felt liked we walked forever before we reached the end of the path. There was a CM standing there, and she gave us complimentary FP. Where were we exactly? Right beside the entrance to PoC.

And that, my fellow DISers, is the story of the time I got evacuated from PoC.

By the time our adventure was over, we'd missed our FP window for Buzz (we ended up not needing it anyway, but still). And by this point, we are hungry. So we head over to Pecos Bill where DLB and I shared a BBQ pork sandwich and fries.

Once our tummies were full, we decided to head over to HM. It was during this ride that I had a revelation. At the very end of the ride, when the ghosts in the cemetery are singing, there's an opera singer. As I sat there looking at her, I suddenly went "Oh DUH! It's not over until the fat lady sings!" Of course Mom and DLB are looking at me very strangely. So once we get off the ride, I explained my discovery. Mom was pretty impressed, but I'm pretty sure DLB is still confused.

We headed to Tomorrowland and its slowway -- er, I mean Speedway. ::yes:::rolleyes1 Then we went to ride Buzz...again.

Again not sure if these are the right ride pics but oh well

After the ride, we recreated an old picture. I'm not sure what happened to this picture when I uploaded it to Photo Bucket, but...

At this point, DLB played dirty. He stuck out his lip and pouted until I agreed to ride Astro Orbiters again. I am clearly not happy about this development.

Now I'm ready to ride something that doesn't make me want to cry. Since the park was practically empty, we decided to check out the stand by line for 7DMT. Score! There was hardly a wait at all.

So apparently, I have too many pictures, so I'm having to split this into 2 posts.

*continued in next post*

*continued from previous post*

When we got off, I saw Princess Fairy Tale Hall, and the wait for Cinderella and Rapunzel was 5 minutes. Using the fact that I'd ridden Astro Orbiters twice as my trump card, we got in line.

Rapunzel was very happy to sign my shoe.

There's some major cheese goin on in this picture :rotfl2:

Cinderella was next. She was very concerned that I had lost my other shoe (actually, I think every single character I had sign my shoes asked me if I'd lost the other one).

After my M&G with the princesses, DLB insisted on riding Buzz one more time...more like two more times. Some of the ride pictures are MIA because we got these instead

So yeah, that happened.

But I really like the way my hair looks in this picture, even though I'm not looking at the camera. I'm kind of smiling (close enough, right?)

After this, we headed to the bus stop. We'd been up for forever, and we needed sleep. When we got on the bus it was 2:05 AM. :faint:

I'm pretty sure I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

*Up next: MNSSHP!*

Oh my, where to begin???

I love the old pics!

When you reported what your mom said after the incident with the fridge, I laughed enough for little bits of spit to fly out of my mouth. TMI?

Love Pop, cute window.

I think Olaf's eyes is what's making him look drunk.

Did anyone try sitting in front of the garbage can?

A CM in hipwaders? That would have made a great picture!

I've never been on Astro Orbiters...is it horrible?

Oh my, where to begin???

I love the old pics!

When you reported what your mom said after the incident with the fridge, I laughed enough for little bits of spit to fly out of my mouth. TMI?

Love Pop, cute window.

I think Olaf's eyes is what's making him look drunk.

Did anyone try sitting in front of the garbage can?

A CM in hipwaders? That would have made a great picture!

I've never been on Astro Orbiters...is it horrible?

I'm pretty sure I was crying I was laughing so hard after she said that!

Yup, definitely the eyes.

No one did try to sit in front of the garbage can, making my job fairly easy.

The CMs told us before we got out of the boats not to take any pictures of the behind-the-scenes areas we would see, and frankly I was too focused on getting out of that boat to think about pictures otherwise!

Astro Orbiters is only horrible because I'm afraid of open heights. I'm fine on Dumbo but this is so much higher and faster that I was terrified... which of course, DLB found hilarious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter