I believe Disney will reopen

Do you think Disney will reopen

• Yes it will

Votes: 87 91.6%
  • No it wont

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
Depends on how long it is closed. It might not be the same WDW. Meaning you might not have all 4 parks open anymore. At least until they figure out a financial plan to recover from these losses.

This isn't going to cause the Disney enterprise to collapse. It will reopen - possibly not at full operational capacity at first (they lost a LARGE portion of their workforce when they sent all the DCP folks home, and they won't get those people back until the next DCP session starts) but eventually it will reopen and will be business as usual. I think it's REALLY important that guests exercise patience with the people on the ground at Disney parks once things do start up again. It will take some time to get back up to full capacity.

I don't know what you're reading, but it will reopen. It's just a matter of when. April, May, who knows. This isn't going to fold the company. It's just an inconvenience.

The closures will be with us for a long time to come. Some newspapers have published simulations based on various models of social distancing. (the DC paper, for example) I encourage everyone to look at them. There is a huge difference between one quarter of the population sheltering in place and one eighth. One quarter delays it, but just about everyone catches it. With one eighth, our health care facilities have a chance to treat people, and many people don't get it. There is also a model for complete isolation for those who have it, and then opening back after a period of time. The virus quickly runs through the population all over again.

In my lifetime, we have never seen an entire country on lockdown. Right now in Madrid, you will be fined and possibly arrested if you are caught by police on the street without a bona fide reason. When was the last time you saw that?

There is also the possibility that recovery does not mean you are truly over the problem. Lifetime respiratory complications may ensue.

This is different. Please treat it as such.

I know not in two weeks it was just hard to think it will be closed forever so many memories heck living in Florida my entire childhood took place there

The closures will be with us for a long time to come. Some newspapers have published simulations based on various models of social distancing. (the DC paper, for example) I encourage everyone to look at them. There is a huge difference between one quarter of the population sheltering in place and one eighth. One quarter delays it, but just about everyone catches it. With one eighth, our health care facilities have a chance to treat people, and many people don't get it. There is also a model for complete isolation for those who have it, and then opening back after a period of time. The virus quickly runs through the population all over again.

In my lifetime, we have never seen an entire country on lockdown. Right now in Madrid, you will be fined and possibly arrested if you are caught by police on the street without a bona fide reason. When was the last time you saw that?

There is also the possibility that recovery does not mean you are truly over the problem. Lifetime respiratory complications may ensue.

This is different. Please treat it as such.

Not on my short 34 yrs

Just FYI, yesterday the CDC recommended that all gatherings of more than FIFTY people be canceled for the next EIGHT WEEKS. So, no...not reopening any time soon.

And OP, you might want to look for a MUCH more accurate source of information than Facebook... :rolleyes:

Good grief.

This is why organizations keep operating expenses in reserve -- at least six months, but often a year or more of operating revenue, so that they can continue to pay their expenses even if no new revenue comes in. This too shall pass.

No matter how bad it gets, if we get a reliable vaccine the world will get back to normal. If we do not get a reliable vaccine, we need to hope that the virus mutates into something less dangerous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter