• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I booked the wrong week…what would you do?

How short on points for you to book a 1BR? Can you cover the difference by buying one time use points for this trip?

How short on points for you to book a 1BR? Can you cover the difference by buying one time use points for this trip?

Very short, unfortunately. I did manage to pick up 2 nights within the 7 night window that I'm stalking. Still trying! :surfweb:

Very short, unfortunately. I did manage to pick up 2 nights within the 7 night window that I'm stalking. Still trying! :surfweb:

2 down and only 5 to go! You'll get there I have faith! Just remember to adjust your waitlists down, and do one for 2 days and one for 3 because the smaller the waitlist the better the odds. :hourglass:flower3:

2 down and only 5 to go! You'll get there I have faith! Just remember to adjust your waitlists down, and do one for 2 days and one for 3 because the smaller the waitlist the better the odds. :hourglass:flower3:

Thank you :goodvibes

I think this question was previously asked and answered, but is it more advantageous to have an earlier placed wait-list with more days; or conversely, a later placed wait-list with less days? In other words, should I keep my first wait-list for 7 nights because I created it a while ago and it's theoretically higher on MS' overall wait-list? Or would it better to drop that 7 night wait-list, and make two, new shorter wait-lists (i.e. one wait-list for 3 nights, and another wait-list for 2 nights). Hopefully that question makes sense!

I think this question was previously asked and answered, but is it more advantageous to have an earlier placed wait-list with more days; or conversely, a later placed wait-list with less days? In other words, should I keep my first wait-list for 7 nights because I created it a while ago and it's theoretically higher on MS' overall wait-list? Or would it better to drop that 7 night wait-list, and make two, new shorter wait-lists (i.e. one wait-list for 3 nights, and another wait-list for 2 nights). Hopefully that question makes sense!

Since I am still a newbie myself, although I research the crap out of all things DVC, I would hesitate to tell you definitively which is better. While I would think the 2 smaller ones are more likely, maybe leave the 7 day one and add the 3 day one and keep stalking because this might be the best chance. If anyone knows a better solution, I know I am all ears (strictly for research purposes! LOL) .

The problem is what is cancelled and you can't predict that. The earlier waitlists have priority but if the cancellation doesn't match to fill all the days then it goes to the next person on the list to try and match. So theoretically a shorter waitlist would be better. However if the cancellation actually would have matched all your days then you'd only get part of them and still be looking for the rest which potentially might never show up again.

Hi everyone, just wanted to update you on the positive outcome of my previous booking disaster. It took me 8 looong months to patch together our trip, but I did it. I originally posted the following on another thread about stalking...

I believe in signs. On a recent business trip to Florida, I passed on the highway this "Mickey Head" connecting power lines (see photo) and decided that maybe I should bother MS for the 15,000th time about our pending waitlist for the last remaining day we need to complete a continuous trip without moving. So I contacted MS via chat and the CM said, I'm sorry, I can't confirm via chat, but please call MS and they can "double check this information." Hmmm...interesting response since MS had previously confirmed a waitlist for me via chat. So I called MS and got a disproportionately grumpy CM to my celebratory and losing-it self...THERE WAS A MATCH!! [the CM told me the match had occurred the evening prior to my call] I can't tell you how happy I was! :cheer2::banana:All those hours of stalking just flashed before my eyes, but it was all worth it because I took an enormous mistake I made (remember I booked the wrong week? I know, I know 🤦‍♀️) and turned it into the vacation our family originally intended. And isn't that the whole point of stalking? (or waitlisting for that matter). You just want to build a trip and a memory with your loved ones. I can't thank you all enough for giving me great advice; sharing your own situations; and commiserating with me when you were also frustrated with stalking. The Dis family is the best, especially this DVC group.:grouphug:

For those of you still stalking and/or waitlisting and just as an FYI, out of our 10 night vacation, I had 3 nights; since February I stalked and booked 5 nights; and waitlist came through for 2 nights. And on the 56th day out from our arrival, I got our last day through waitlist. The take-away...please don't give up!! We're visiting after Thanksgiving into the first week of December (a very busy DVC time) and all things are possible with some serious and dedicated stalking [combined with waitlisting]! Good luck everyone!

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 3.27.47 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter