"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Finally back and caught up with your TR. Loved it especially your last day back at Epcot how cool. I also loved your costumes what a great creative idea.

, post: 59364516, member: 577048"]
avoYr3I.jpg
[/QUOTE]
These are great pics of the fireworks'

I didn't get any good parade photos. I never do. But here are a few bad ones:
LOL your bad ones are better thant any of my good ones from the MVMCP.

How awewsome

The silvery ones are apparently rare-ish?
My last one was this color and I love it.

Love all the pictures at the beach!

I fought him on it for a bit, but before too long I'd given in to the idea...after all, we had our APs burning holes in our pockets...and soon enough we were ON OUR WAY BACK TO DISNEY!! Eventually, we were pulling up here...

Ahh how exciting! Can't say that i blame you either!

We rode Soarin', then the Seas with Nemo. While inside the Living Seas, we noticed a photopass photographer taking photos in front of the tank wall...

I've never seen that! how cool!

I think your steak sides look nicer :love:

:sad:

I don't want it to end! Good thing you have that anniversary trip planned for me to look forward to :laughing:

Too funny that you ended up back at Epcot on your "beach" day. That's definitely something I would do. It sounds like it was the perfect way to say goodbye, though!

Side note, I don't think I've ever ridden test track when they didn't fill in with single riders!

I love how you all enjoyed the beach, however, with Disney so close you could not resist. True Disney fan!

The beach does look lovely.

I love the grey pearl, very unique.

Epcot will cure any blues, lol!

I'm sorry it wasn't the best weather for a beach day!

Awww, you got yourself a good husband in N! So nice that he agreed to head back to Disney for some last minute magic! I'm glad it brought you the closure you need, it looks like it was a fun night!

Finally back and caught up with your TR. Loved it especially your last day back at Epcot how cool. I also loved your costumes what a great creative idea.

Thanks so much! And it was great to have one last unexpected day in Epcot. :)

Love all the pictures at the beach!

Thanks! It was a really beautiful spot. :)

I've never seen that! how cool!

Right?! I'd never seen one there either. It was kinda neat to get photos that were a little different.

I think your steak sides look nicer :love:

The veggies and potatoes were cooked really well and super tasty! I didn't feel like I was missing out at all.

:sad:

I don't want it to end! Good thing you have that anniversary trip planned for me to look forward to :laughing:

Too funny that you ended up back at Epcot on your "beach" day. That's definitely something I would do. It sounds like it was the perfect way to say goodbye, though!

Side note, I don't think I've ever ridden test track when they didn't fill in with single riders!

:laughing: I'm glad my ramblings can be entertaining! :goodvibes

It felt so silly to leave and go back to Disney...but also totally the best idea ever. :laughing: I'm glad we got at least a taste of the beach. But now I've learned my lesson. If we're going to do any non-theme park time in central Florida, it should be at the beginning or middle of the trip and not at the end.

I'd never seen it either! I think the single rider line was completely empty at that moment.

I love how you all enjoyed the beach, however, with Disney so close you could not resist. True Disney fan!

The beach does look lovely.

I love the grey pearl, very unique.

Epcot will cure any blues, lol!

We just couldn't help it! Back to Disney we went! Best idea ever. :goodvibes But you're right, the beach was beautiful. It was great to get a little taste of some beach time. Nathan loves swimming in the ocean, and I love walking along the beach and taking photos.

Epcot to the rescue! It really is great for lifting your spirits. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry it wasn't the best weather for a beach day!

Awww, you got yourself a good husband in N! So nice that he agreed to head back to Disney for some last minute magic! I'm glad it brought you the closure you need, it looks like it was a fun night!

I think if we'd done the beach at the beginning of our trip when we were still used to the temperatures at home and the weather was like that, we'd think it was perfect. But we'd spent almost two weeks in Orlando with much hotter days, and it just felt weird. I'm sure if we'd stuck around until mid afternoon when it warmed up to the daily high, it probably would have been just right...but we were already at Epcot by then! :laughing: We really did have fun! And he's a good one. :goodvibes N is more impulsive than I am, but once in a while it works out perfectly to be just the right thing to push me to do something fun that I wouldn't normally chose to do. He definitely made the right call!

N saw my serious post-Disney blues and proposed another option: if we only had one more day left in Florida, why not make the short drive back and spend it here:

CYIUXFm.jpg

???? :eek:

I fought him on it for a bit, but before too long I'd given in to the idea...after all, we had our APs burning holes in our pockets...and soon enough we were ON OUR WAY BACK TO DISNEY!! Eventually, we were pulling up here...

RfkAO1G.jpg
Nice! It seems that the unplanned day really did the trick!

Hooray for extra spontaneous Disney magic!! EPCOT is a great way to spend your last day. :love: I've thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. Looking forward to continuing with your solo report and your anniversary report! Thank you for letting us share along in the adventure. You & Nathan are absolutely adorable together & I've enjoyed getting to know you -- I feel like I should send you a FB friend request so you can peer into my life too. HaHaHa!

Hooray for extra spontaneous Disney magic!! EPCOT is a great way to spend your last day. :love: I've thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. Looking forward to continuing with your solo report and your anniversary report! Thank you for letting us share along in the adventure. You & Nathan are absolutely adorable together & I've enjoyed getting to know you -- I feel like I should send you a FB friend request so you can peer into my life too. HaHaHa!

Thanks so much for following along! :) It was great to get a little unexpected extra taste of Disney.

What a great last day before heading home, the beach and Epcot!! It was sweet of Nathan to suggest it.

Your grey pearl is so pretty, I want to take my DGD to pick a pearl when we go.

0nx5ZWO.jpg

Hello, my beautiful Love! :lovestruc

It had felt so silly and wasteful to leave Daytona to go back to Disney, but all those negative emotions and anxieties melted away as soon as we arrived.

I would be disappointed...if you didn't go back so soon! Hahahaha. #Disneygirlatheart

2djNyRT.jpg

The silvery ones are apparently rare-ish? :confused3 Either way, the lady opening my oyster was ENTHUSED! I love how excited they always are doing their job. I liked my pearl quite a lot. It now sits in a rose gold Cinderella-carriage-shaped pearl cage necklace that I purchased from Etsy.

Beautiful pearl! That was the same color pearl my friend's daughter Sophie got when we went to pick a pearl. They loved them!

While in the Japanese pavilion, we also did more shopping in Mitsukoshi....obviously. And N got some mochi, which he continued to call "bean balls" for the few days that followed, much to my feigned frustration.

Haha so funny!

N also bought one of those little sodas with the marble in the bottle which he'd been wanting to try.

Ramune!! How did he like it? I drank a bit as a kid living in Tokyo. I just thought the marble was cool.

(Side note: when we returned to le Cellier in December with my family, however, there was a new allergy chef there, and he went out of his way to make me gluten and dairy free risotto for my dish, and it was a miraculous experience. Chef Nathan, if you ever read this, you're a truly wonderful chef/human being! :hug:)

Aww how nice, that is so great for the Disney chefs.
My niece Eva is on a really strict diet now due to reactions to foods so she's also gluten and dairy free as well as all these other things that it's so hard for her to eat out with us. But I hope the next time we go to Disney we can get this level of service for her which would really appease my sister!

That last little taste of Disney ended up being exactly what I needed to bring closure to the end of an amazing trip. Finally, I was as ready as I'd ever be to return home.

And that was all you needed...just a little more time at Disney...:)

Oh, I love your last "beach day!" How observant of N to see that the beach wasn't where you wanted to be and convinced you to go back to Disney. Perhaps if the weather was more conducive to a beach day you might have been more willing to hang there all day, but with it being chilly and cloudy you just couldn't find the motivation to enjoy it. I love that you guys threw plans out the window and did what you really wanted...it was your honeymoon, it's about indulging in the things you like with the person you love. :goodvibes

What a great last day before heading home, the beach and Epcot!! It was sweet of Nathan to suggest it.

Your grey pearl is so pretty, I want to take my DGD to pick a pearl when we go.

It really ended up being exactly what we needed :) Thanks! I'm sure you'd both love doing pick a pearl! It's really neat how they make it into a whole experience.

I would be disappointed...if you didn't go back so soon! Hahahaha. #Disneygirlatheart

:laughing: Just couldn't stay away!!

Beautiful pearl! That was the same color pearl my friend's daughter Sophie got when we went to pick a pearl. They loved them!

It's such a cool experience. :) I'm glad the girls liked it!

Ramune!! How did he like it? I drank a bit as a kid living in Tokyo. I just thought the marble was cool.

He liked it and thought it was pretty neat. But he thought that other than the whole marble thing, it was really just kind of uniquely flavored sodas.

Aww how nice, that is so great for the Disney chefs.
My niece Eva is on a really strict diet now due to reactions to foods so she's also gluten and dairy free as well as all these other things that it's so hard for her to eat out with us. But I hope the next time we go to Disney we can get this level of service for her which would really appease my sister!

Yeah, almost every meal I've had at Disney has been good and safe for me to eat. But there have been a few standout experiences where the chefs really went the extra mile and made it really special for me. :lovestruc It's such a pain to eat places with dietary restrictions, but Disney makes it easy. I hope Eva gets a chance to experience that, too!

Oh, I love your last "beach day!" How observant of N to see that the beach wasn't where you wanted to be and convinced you to go back to Disney. Perhaps if the weather was more conducive to a beach day you might have been more willing to hang there all day, but with it being chilly and cloudy you just couldn't find the motivation to enjoy it. I love that you guys threw plans out the window and did what you really wanted...it was your honeymoon, it's about indulging in the things you like with the person you love. :goodvibes

It ended up being exactly what we needed. :) N is more of the beach bum of the two of us, but even he was missing Disney and was up for a little more time.

this is the post where I finally reveal the context for the title quotation of this trip report.

Woot! Finally!

We were about to check out of the Wilderness Lodge this morning, and it was hard to say goodbye.

I bet! I've never stayed... and possibly never may, but I sure do want to. It's such a gorgeous resort.

I had also read the night before about someone with allergies being given dairy free milkshakes there,

Hello!

But to N and me, he will now forever be known as Flash, short for Flash, Flash, Hundred Yard Dash. His resemblance to the DMV sloth was uncanny.

Oh dear. :sad2:

and then looked at us piercingly and said, with no context, in a low drone, "I'll be keeping an eye on you..."

*shudder*

:eek:

The chef came out to check in with me, and he said that they didn't have dairy free milkshakes. But then he thought about it for a second, and then said, "but I don't see why not...we have dairy free milk and ice cream...okay, yeah, sure!" I got chocolate.

No way! I love that the chef did that. Just... "Nope... wait... yes."

N, who has a stomach of steel, got a dairy-filled caramel milkshake

mmmmmm…..

Man that looks good.

Side note: knowing I'm only just over a month away from more Mickey waffles is currently filling my heart with joy!! :mickeyjum

:goodvibes

It's been so long now, and I wish I'd pre-written this post sooner while it was all still fresh, because I have some crazy notes from this morning that I can only barely decipher now that eleven months have passed.

I get that. I look at my notes and.... "I'm sure at the time I thought "I'll never forget that!", but..."

Long gone.

a man, was wearing some kind of hat and costume to be dressed up as a giant ketchup bottle.

:laughing:

The she started chasing him around the restaurant and yelling to him, "I'll give you a squeeze!" while he responded, "No....Remember the incident!!"

:lmao:

She and the chef even conspired to bring me out a dairy free spinach milkshake after learning I was allergic to spinach!

Get out! :laughing:

After some time, our server returned with several others, and they made a big announcement to the whole restaurant on our behalf, saying, "they got hitched!!"

N blushes easily when put on the spot, so I was having a good laugh at his expense.

Good! :)

Blondie leaned down and took a massive bite right out of her cupcake! She played it up as if she was embarrassed, and then went to set it down on the table, turning it around and saying, "Here, Kim, I didn't bite this side." ...So then another server picked it up and took a big bite out of that side!! :laughing:

"Here, Kim! Don't worry. I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties!"

And there it is!!

I'm still not certain whether Kim ever actually got her cupcake.

:rotfl:

we hit the purple wall so I could get a couple more cute selfies for my adoring social media followers. (These remain some of my favourite casual photos of us!)

I can see why. :)

I actually also took some without my mouse ears, one of which I submitted for my school student ID, so now whenever I look at my ID card I giggle at my secret unassuming Disney ID photo. :goodvibes

And always have a little piece of Disney with you. :)

Ariel, put some clothes on!!

Oh, don't on my behalf. You're fine, Ariel.

While we were there, we went next door to meet Ariel in her grotto. I still didn't have her signature on our photo mat, so she was a priority!

She's always a priority. ::yes::

Somebody in this photo isn't looking very fishy, and here's a hint, it's NOT the human!

Yeah... maybe she was a little zoned out by then.

And we could tell in the moment that this wasn't just a character laugh, but a true genuine moment where we were no longer pretending to live in a world of fantasy, but where we were just sitting there as three friends, blowing off steam on a long morning.

That's great! :)

Now N is more of a skeptic than I am, and he likes to refer to this as the moment that I "broke" Ariel.

Uh, oh. What on Earth did you guys do????

I have never seen those guys out.
And.... Little girl in the foreground. Pull that wedgie out, sweetie!

Nice shot! Not the easiest to get.

When I realized that N had still never seen the Country Bears show, I was equal parts surprised, and disappointed in myself for allowing this to happen. We remedied it right away.

How does this even happen???

Afterwards, I asked him what he thought. I still don't think he's fully processed what he saw that day.

Yeah... I can see that. I'd be walking out slightly perturbed too if I'd never seen it before.

We rode Buzz, and I was SO close to being a Galactic Hero again, but I just missed it.

Dang! That was close!

Whoa. You dudes are intense!

Then another first for N: Carousel of Progress.

How? How is this possible???

Nice shot. :)

Unlike with Country Bears where he had mixed feelings, this N loved! It quickly became one of his favourite attractions.

Really! Great!

It had been too long since our last dole whips,

Technically, unless you are currently enjoying one, it's always too long since your last dole whip.

The Rainy Day Cavalcade!

I didn't know this was actually a thing. I mean, I knew they came out, but... not that there was an official name.

oh dear.

What a shame, however, that after nearly two weeks in the parks, we were just too totally exhausted to be able to enjoy it...

SAhkzYd.jpg

Awww... poor things. All tuckered out.

N went to the Geyser Point window to get a burger.

Still hungry??

Once we piled back into the car, the post-Disney depression was hitting hard, for me, especially...

StpnrVK.jpg

That was my facial expression for most of the 1.5 hour drive to Daytona.

Oh no. Poor little Meghan. :hug:

We stayed at the Hampton Inn because I didn't really care how fancy the hotel there was as long as it was on the water. It did the job, and was very clean and inviting.

Good! Glad it was what you wanted.

There's someone else in the room! Run!!!!!

The hotel even broke our terrible streak, by having the most lovely (and properly-functioning) elevator we'd seen the whole trip!

Yay! :laughing:

But the best part, of course, was that our room offered this view:

Nice! :)

It was the morning of our first non-Disney day, and I awoke feeling sad.

Of course you did. How could you not?

It felt silly since I knew how fortunate I was to still be on vacation in a beautiful place with the person I loved...but somehow it was still incredibly sad not to be at Disney.

Which is why if given the choice, I'd end at Disney rather than begin there.

First thing after we got up, we left the hotel and stepped out almost directly onto the beach.

Nice. :)

We went back to the hotel (pictured above, beachside) and enjoyed some included continental breakfast. Well...N enjoyed it. I nibbled at a rubbery boiled egg (#allergyprobs) and wished I was back in the land of Mickey waffles. :sad1:

Oy... :sad2:

I just took pictures and sat on the beach playing in the sand.

Did you make Mickey heads in the sand?

if we only had one more day left in Florida, why not make the short drive back and spend it here:

CYIUXFm.jpg

No. Way!

It had felt so silly and wasteful to leave Daytona to go back to Disney, but all those negative emotions and anxieties melted away as soon as we arrived.

Then we created our futures and got moderate swiss cheese heads.

Le Cellier, which is one of N's favourites. He thinks it feels like home,

I agree. It does feel like home. :)

Then we did some World Showcase-ing, going clockwise for a change of pace.

This is possible??

When we stopped in Italy, N finally got the chance to try the gelato.

I need to do that. Also ice cream in France. I've done neither.

...so I could "pick" this:

oooohhh… nice.

The silvery ones are apparently rare-ish? :confused3

Yes, I would think so.

While in the Japanese pavilion, we also did more shopping in Mitsukoshi....obviously.

Well... d'uh! Obviously!

And N got some mochi, which he continued to call "bean balls" for the few days that followed, much to my feigned frustration.

N also bought one of those little sodas with the marble in the bottle which he'd been wanting to try.

What is this?

We also stopped in Morocco and listened to the band play, which was quite enjoyable, and I only quietly lamented to N a couple of times about the sad loss of Mo'Rockin'.

You're the second person in two days who has said that.

Before our dinner, we rode Test Track with our FPs. At one point we were almost rained out, and they shut the ride down briefly, but we waited a few minutes, and then things were up and running again.

Phew! Close call!

We decided to design the world's most obnoxious vehicle...

We both ordered the filet

Of course. You have to.

It's a rule.

Side note: when we returned to le Cellier in December with my family, however, there was a new allergy chef there, and he went out of his way to make me gluten and dairy free risotto for my dish, and it was a miraculous experience.

That's great! Happy for you. :)

That last little taste of Disney ended up being exactly what I needed to bring closure to the end of an amazing trip.

:hug:

Let's just go for a Dole Whip and leave the vomiting… er… spinning to the others.

:thumbsup2 I like the way you think!

I bet! I've never stayed... and possibly never may, but I sure do want to. It's such a gorgeous resort.

It's a beautiful resort!! And the atmosphere/vibe is just so great. We're slowly trying to check off every Disney resort as budget allows and as we find good deals, etc. But I feel like Wilderness Lodge will always keep tempting me away from other places. We almost booked it for our upcoming anniversary trip. But I'll just have to settle for visiting and eating there, which is almost as good!

No way! I love that the chef did that. Just... "Nope... wait... yes."

It was so great! Every once in a while an allergy chef just gets creative and goes out of their way, and it might just be a little thing for them, but for me it's super exciting and meaningful. I don't usually get to go to restaurants that have bottomless milkshakes and get to try my own milkshake.

I get that. I look at my notes and.... "I'm sure at the time I thought "I'll never forget that!", but..."

Long gone.

It's so easy to do...especially when it's been almost a year.

And always have a little piece of Disney with you. :)

Yes!

Uh, oh. What on Earth did you guys do????

Yeah, we're obviously Disney troublemakers.

Whoa. You dudes are intense!

I take my Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin very seriously.

Technically, unless you are currently enjoying one, it's always too long since your last dole whip.

How very true this is.

Still hungry??

It's amazing how much a day of park touring will give you an appetite! I don't know how we managed to eat so much food in one trip. :confused3 More incredible is that we only put on a couple of pounds over the two weeks. I guess all those steps and all the sweating must have saved us.

There's someone else in the room! Run!!!!!

Which is why if given the choice, I'd end at Disney rather than begin there.

I definitely learned my lesson! Now if I were going to schedule any non-park activities, it would be at the beginning or in the middle, and definitely not at the end. My rationale was that I'd put it at the end of the trip because Daytona is already on our driving route back home, and so after how exhausted we'd be at the end of the trip we'd just have a day or two of relaxing at the beach to recoup. That, and I wanted to give us as much time as possible to adjust to the heat so I didn't feel like death sitting on the beach in the sun in the early days of the trip. I don't handle the heat well, especially at the beach, and I thought it would help me to be less zonked. But as true as all of those things were, they didn't take into account the strongest force of all: the post-Disney depression.

Did you make Mickey heads in the sand?

I did. And it made me feel happy and sad at the same time.

I agree. It does feel like home. :)

The first time we ever went there, they even sat us in the New Brunswick section, which is the province where we both grew up. But it just feels so familiar! All the cast members feel like talking to people at home. I can only imagine how much more strongly this would apply to people who move to a new country and find a community of people from their home country. Like my step father who immigrated from Greece and immediately became heavily involved in the Greek community where he was living.

I need to do that. Also ice cream in France. I've done neither.

Me neither! If I ever get back to eating more dairy again, those are the things I want to try!

What is this?

Apparently it's called Ramune, according to Su-Lynn and Google. It's a Japanese soft drink. It comes in little glass bottles with a marble trapped in the neck creating a seal, and when you open it the marble is forced down into the bottom of the bottle. I didn't try it, but Nathan thought it was nifty.

You're the second person in two days who has said that.

Mo'Rockin' forever! They were my favourite act at Epcot, by far!

Of course. You have to.

It's a rule.

What is Le Cellier really if you don't get the filet!? :confused3 That said, Nathan ordered the giant rib-eye the last time we went because he had a bigger appetite and wanted to try something more marbled, and he loved it and said he wouldn't go back to the filet! I'll stick with my perfect filet though, thanks. They've done such a nice job with our steaks the few times we've been there. :lovestruc (That same trip of the rib-eye we had taken my mom and grandmother there with us, and my grandmother just ordered a poutine, and not even a very Canadian-sounding one, and I was so disappointed.)

Your husband is like mine. He understands your love for Disney and that it makes you happy. Mine would have left the beach (although we both hate the beach), too, and would have taken me back to Epcot, too. Good for you for getting to experience that one more time before you left!

Your husband is like mine. He understands your love for Disney and that it makes you happy. Mine would have left the beach (although we both hate the beach), too, and would have taken me back to Epcot, too. Good for you for getting to experience that one more time before you left!

He's one of the good ones! Sounds like you've got one, too. The thing that made it extra special is that Nathan loves the beach, but he decided to go back anyway. And he may love the beach, but it seems that he still loves Disney much more, because he was missing it too and said he would have wanted to go back even if I hadn't been so sad. It was great to get back for one last day of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter