• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't be the only one who likes Primeval Whirl, can I???

Cruz Family

DIS Veteran
I don't know why everyone has such a problem with it? My family loves it, we just giggle through the entire ride!
Anyone else???

I LOVE Primeval Whirl!!! It is my favorite ride at AK. Even my mother will go on it with me and she is a ride whimp. We laugh and smile the whole ride.

I LOVE it too!! I was PG last time we were there so I didn't ride it but I'll be on it next time for sure:banana:

Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh has the same ride, but better, in my opinion. Kennywood's version is an inside dark ride. It's called the Exterminator. There's more theming involved.

My son won't ride it anymore because he hits his head every time he rides it, at both parks, but more so in Disney.

Just for that reason, I don't like it at AK...because I feel that they didn't use a lot of imagineering. I just don't like that area of the park. Just my opinion.

We like it too.... it is kind of like the teacups crossed with dumbo... and is a lot of fun imho. I don't really get the bashing. If they took that ride, changed the theming and put it in a different location, it would be a big hit. Hey, throw in a flying cow and call it "twister" or something...

Count me in! It's my fave at AK. Back in '04, I went on it with my youngest daughter, my niece, & my nephew. We laughed so hard our sides hurt! :rotfl2: Great attraction!

Just for that reason, I don't like it at AK...because I feel that they didn't use a lot of imagineering. I just don't like that area of the park. Just my opinion.

Funny thing is a lot of people don't think that area has good themeing......but, it actually has a great back story and the details that went in it are fantastic! Infortunately the themeing is not as obvious as other places in WDW and sadly overlooked.:confused3

Count me in. I like the corny theming, too. Not an "E" ticket, but fun for me.

DD and I love it, too. We laugh through the entire ride. DD is a real cautious thrill-ride type, but she loves PW- and it is hard to get her on other rollercoasters. I think the theming at Dinoland is really cool- I don't think people realize it's supposed to look like that (tacky roadside carnival). The story behind it is great- it should be made more known so people will appreciate the theming more.

I love Primeval Whirl, but DH gets sick just looking at it. :sick: Even my DD was reluctant to join me but I convinced her it would be okay. :thumbsup2

My family also loves it. We are hysterical for the entire ride since we spin so much. We purposely sit from lightest to heaviest to make the car spin more. My DD10 doesn't do many roller coasters, but this is one of her favorites and we have sometimes done it a 2 or 3 times in a row.

I love Primeval Whirl, but DH gets sick just looking at it. :sick: Even my DD was reluctant to join me but I convinced her it would be okay. :thumbsup2

When we were kids my Dad would get sick when he would watch us go on rides, it didn't matter if they were big or small rides, they all made him green.

Yeah, even Maris likes it, oops.......I mean Regina.;)
Sorry Regina, these things just come out when you belong to the Cult of Kevin Klose!:worship:

We (my sisters & dad) loved primeval whirl but my mom gets sick on spinning rides (even teacups!)

Count me in as a fan! I SCREAM through the whole thing as I also laugh, but I always have to do it.:thumbsup2

(Arrive at WDW on the 15th!!! Who hoooooooo!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter