• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't be the only one who likes Primeval Whirl, can I???

I like Primeval Whirl and the Exterminator. I like wild mouse roller coasters. There is a good one at Idlewild Park in Ligonier, PA too.

Kim

As long as I have an empty stomach, I can do the Whirl! it's the best ride in Dino Land!

I like Primeval Whirl and the Exterminator. I like wild mouse roller coasters. There is a good one at Idlewild Park in Ligonier, PA too.

Kim

Kim, Do you remember White Swan Park? I guess you'd have to have grown up in Pgh to remember that one. They had the Mad Mouse, which is like the one at Idlewild.

Lisa

Kim, Do you remember White Swan Park? I guess you'd have to have grown up in Pgh to remember that one. They had the Mad Mouse, which is like the one at Idlewild.

Lisa

Lisa, I remember White Swan. I never went there but I always saw it when we were heading out to the airport way. It was on its last legs when they tore it down to make way for the new Rt 60.

Are you still in the area? Its my dream too to own DVC at the Beach Club.

Kim

Kim, Yes, we left for a few years, but we're back now in Cranberry.

As for the Beach Club, love it! I haven't met a DVC resort I didn't like though. BCV just fits us. (I was happy at POP and Allstars too!)

We end up in Epcot almost every night we're in WDW, so it makes for a nice stroll "home."

Lisa

I don't like Primevil Whirl. It's too jerky and you can thrown around. Twice I rode it and had big bruises the next day. I like the concept, just not Primevil Whirl itself. Waldameer Park in Erie, Pa has a much better version called Steel Dragon. It is faster and smoother. I love Steel Dragon, we ride that over and over. http://www.waldameer.com/SpinCster.html

Personally, I think Primeval Whirl is a joke that the Imagineers are playing on the guests. It is like a human pinball machine. DS7 and I went on it this past December. I seriously felt like it was way too jerky, more than Dinosaur. If you can believe it. The way it whips around like a tea cup gone crazy is fun for the first or second spin, after the third it feels more like abuse. We don't plan to go on it again and definitely don't recommend it for anyone that is prone to motion sickness or has a bad back.

- Jennifer

We like it alot! As a matter of fact, we love Dinoland! DS and I go there first thing when the park opens and DH goes and gets fp for EE while DS and I ride Triceratops Spin like 3 times in a row without even getting off. NOBODY goes there first thing in the morning. We have the ride all to ourselves.

If your kids love Dumbo and you don't want to wait in that horrendous line - do TS early in the morning and there will be 0 wait.

Then after DH has his fill of TS DH is back with the fpasses and we all ride Primeval Whirl with hardly any wait at all. love it!!!

Ugh I hate primeval whirl, and I love spinning goofy rides but this one made me bang my head and I usually end up bruised in some way or another. I will never ride it again. I wish they would keep the Dinosaur ride and then just get rid of the rest of Dinoland. It seems less Disney and more tacky theme park to me. I agree with the people who said less imagineering was used there.

Wow, I can't believe how many people are willing to admit they like Primeval Hurl oops Whirl.

Seriously, even if I could tolerate that type of carnival ride I wouldn't at WDW. To me the whole carnival area is just out of place. Maybe if McDonald's wanted to attract some business at their store on World Drive it would be appropriate there.

We love PW! I don't like spinning rides (teacups, Misson Space) but I love this one. I do get banged around alot, but it's still fun.

Wow, I can't believe how many people are willing to admit they like Primeval Hurl oops Whirl.

Seriously, even if I could tolerate that type of carnival ride I wouldn't at WDW. To me the whole carnival area is just out of place. Maybe if McDonald's wanted to attract some business at their store on World Drive it would be appropriate there.

That's what I meant earlier in this post, I think Disney should dream up their own rollercoasters, like Expedition Everest, SM, RR, BTM, etc., not buy one from "Rollercoasters 'R' Us" and slap in the middle of some blacktop.

Maybe I expect too much from them, but if I can ride the same coaster in a local Pittsburgh park, why should I ride it there when there is better stuff to do and see in AK. It just takes something away from the experience for me, since it's also themed better by the locals Pittsburghers or whoever they hired.

I guess the big picture is that is is still a fun ride. Thanks for letting me rant. :)

I love primevil whirl too even though I am the only fan in my family but guys watch out my guys tend to lose their wallets trying to get out of this attraction!!! :)

I rode it once and nearly hurled! I'm never riding it again. Ugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter