I can't vacation with you.......

Same here - a simple act of trying to get together for dinner with friends involves a merging of Outlook calendars that never seems to go well.

Sometimes it reaches the point where it stretches on for months and I've felt awkward about it -- "Uh, we really do enjoy you guys, hope you know that." "Oh, I know. We hope you guys aren't thinking badly of us about this either."
Wind up laughing that it's almost harder than when we had small children and needed babysitters.

Oh, I probably know more about it than he does. I love to read about the behind the scenes tricks and such when I am at home, but when I'm there - I'm living the magic!

I take it the Haunted Mansion is your favorite Disney attraction. I've read about the methods used to produce the various illusions and found it fascinating.

I take it the Haunted Mansion is your favorite Disney attraction. I've read about the methods used to produce the various illusions and found it fascinating.

Oh very. The "Pepper's Ghost" illusion dates back to the 19th century! It's really quite amazing.

Of course, the real answer to "How do they do that?" is Ghosts.

We took my late MIL *once* to WDW because my son, then 9, begged her to go. This was not a woman who traveled. We paid for everything so that she wouldn't balk at prices, but when we got to the parks she refused to ride anything at all, just wanted to spend her time on a bench with the baby -- who was nursing, so it wasn't very convenient for me to leave her with G'ma, however much that might have been nice. She later told DH that there was no way she would ever travel "with that slave driver" again. (No, I'm not a rope drop person, and we made it a point to only take her to parks in the morning; in the evening she stayed at the resort except for the night we went to see the Osbourne Lights -- THAT, she liked. We even ate really early dinners to please her.)

As long as the people we are traveling with *ARE* people who regularly travel on their own, we can usually manage just fine, with the ground rules that every nuclear family gets a vehicle and a separate lodging, and that no one will will get upset at being left to their own devices.

I draw the line at going anywhere with anyone who has ever uttered the line, "Oh I *wish* I could travel, but I just can't spend money on that." Regardless of their SES, that line clues us in that these are people who really don't LIKE to travel, and are making an excuse that they think we will be nonjudgmental about. Here's the thing, I won't be judgmental of anyone who just says, "Eh, travel really isn't my thing," but don't try to fake it, because it WILL. NOT. WORK. and will destroy our friendship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter