I can't wait any longer! ~UPDATE 5/25 I'm back!

I'm sorry you're still having trouble with your knee! That's no fun on a daily basis but when you need to lap the park? A big pain! I have trouble taking it easy at the parks so I understand. Do you wear a FitBit or pedometer of some kind? I think we averaged 12 miles a day last trip.

I like the bag - lots of compartments! I use a Vera Bradley cross body hipster. We have a stroller with us too so I use the basket underneath for extra stuff for the boys. I don't think I could ever go without a bag. I know you can technically just use your Magic Band but what about chapstick? Sunscreen? Small first aid kit? Cell charger? Poncho? These are things that must be carried!!

So very exciting that your trip is RIGHT here!! I'm so happy for you!! :jumping1:

Oh you bet we'll be here for your TR...can't wait to read all about it!! I have gotten so addicted to the DIS...it's the only place you can talk Disney 24/7 and no one gets annoyed...and you can obsess over silly details and no one thinks you're insane lol.
YES YES YES and YES!!! It's so true... what would we do without the Dis?! So happy you'll join me for my TR! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you're still having trouble with your knee! That's no fun on a daily basis but when you need to lap the park? A big pain! I have trouble taking it easy at the parks so I understand. Do you wear a FitBit or pedometer of some kind? I think we averaged 12 miles a day last trip.

I like the bag - lots of compartments! I use a Vera Bradley cross body hipster. We have a stroller with us too so I use the basket underneath for extra stuff for the boys. I don't think I could ever go without a bag. I know you can technically just use your Magic Band but what about chapstick? Sunscreen? Small first aid kit? Cell charger? Poncho? These are things that must be carried!!

So very exciting that your trip is RIGHT here!! I'm so happy for you!! :jumping1:
Thank you! It's been discouraging but as long as my knee holds up for my trip, I'll be happy ::yes:: I thought about bringing my pedometer and still might... just out of curiosity sake it would be fun!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with my new bag! I couldn't EVER go without a bag... for exactly the reasons you mention!

Awww, thanks so much!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I like the new bag and hope it works for you. No harm in taking the other two as well.

I'm so sorry about your knee...I hope it gives you no trouble and that even more hope you don't make it worse when you get back.

I for one will be there for your TR. :)

Also, I'm one of those crazy people who insists on leaving her home spotless prior to vacation. Hello?! Isn't coming home from vacation hard enough?! The last thing I need is to come home to a messy place. So cleaning will occupy my evening tomorrow, as will the continuation of obsessing over packing :laughing: (which, truthfully, is mostly done except for things that will be "morning of" types of things).

I'm a guy and I do this. Does that make me even crazier? Do.not.care - it's totally worth coming back and everything being spotless and one less thing to worry about

As many of you know, I've been going to physical therapy for the last 4 weeks
I hope this does not hinder your trip much, but more importantly - I hope it's not a torn meniscus, or anything serious for that matter!

On a separate note, I want to thank you all for joining me on this PTR. You truly do not know how much your friendship means to me. :hug: I hope you will join me on my TR upon my return!
Thanks for writing the PTR; it's been fun sharing the excitement of the upcoming trip with you! Will definitely read the TR - have to know how this trip went!

Oh, gee, I sure hope it's not torn too! For your sake.
I want you to have nothing but an amazing trip!

The bag may be lacking in pinkness, but it seems to have some on the inside, so... that almost counts... no?

I have a feeling that with work and travel etc.... you're going to be a very busy little girl for a bit.
Should I wish you a bon voyage now????

Hi Tracy! :wave2:
I don't mean to be a busybody about your knee, but I had a couple of questions for you that might help ( i'm putting on my massage therapist hat). Do you have orthotics or have you noticed if you roll that ankle in or out when you walk or run? Sometimes an unstable ankle can cause strain on the knee and IT band. Also, does your PT work on your glutes, specifically your piriformis? Runners are notorious for having tight piriformis muscles, also causing IT band issues that can radiate into the hamstring. If she doesn't work on your gluteus, try some piriformis stretches ( Google is awesome for finding them), and maybe a light compression knee brace while your out walking to give your knee some support. If you do roll your ankle try a cheap insert in your shoe (dr. scholls work fine) to stabilize and straighten out your gait so you're not straining your leg as you walk/ run. I'm not saying you PT is wrong, it's just my job to look elsewhere for issues that can save you surgery :).
Hope that can be of some help!

Good luck with your crazy schedule the next few days - I'm sure you'll get everything put together and be ready to go!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? YOU LEAVE IN FOUR DAYS!!!

:jumping1:

I will send good vibes upon good vibes that your knee doesn't cause you too many problems on your trip. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I LOVE the bag! I do have a thing for black park bags, however... ;)

It's been fabulous to "meet" you through your PTR and it will be even more fabulous to actually meet you IN PERSON. :woohoo:

Have a fabulous and wonderful trip, and I'll see ya real soon! :earboy2:

I like the new bag and hope it works for you. No harm in taking the other two as well.

I'm so sorry about your knee...I hope it gives you no trouble and that even more hope you don't make it worse when you get back.

I for one will be there for your TR. :)
Thanks, Kathy! For the organization factor alone, my new bag is already a winner! :thumbsup2 But I agree completely... might as well take the other two, just in case! :laughing:

Thank you... it's such a bummer right before leaving for my trip (as you well know with your back!). I'm hoping I can just keep it in check until I get back and have to deal with it. ::yes::

So happy to hear you'll be joining me! :goodvibes

I'm a guy and I do this. Does that make me even crazier? Do.not.care - it's totally worth coming back and everything being spotless and one less thing to worry about
YAY!!!!!!!! Nope, I don't think it makes you crazier, I think it makes you awesomer! :rotfl: I totally agree: any efforts put in are totally worth coming back to a spotless home! :thumbsup2 Like minds... ::yes::

I hope this does not hinder your trip much, but more importantly - I hope it's not a torn meniscus, or anything serious for that matter!
Thanks, John! I'm hoping the same.

Thanks for writing the PTR; it's been fun sharing the excitement of the upcoming trip with you! Will definitely read the TR - have to know how this trip went!
I'll be so happy to have you on board for my TR! :goodvibes Have a wonderful time at DL - I hope to hear lots more about that too! :thumbsup2

Oh, gee, I sure hope it's not torn too! For your sake.
I want you to have nothing but an amazing trip!
Awww, thank you!!!

The bag may be lacking in pinkness, but it seems to have some on the inside, so... that almost counts... no?
Sure, why not?! We make the rules around here, don't we? It counts!

I have a feeling that with work and travel etc.... you're going to be a very busy little girl for a bit.
Should I wish you a bon voyage now????
Oh, ya know... I won't be able to resist checking in at least up until Saturday morning... but thank you, I will take the bon voyage now and perhaps again! :laughing: :goodvibes

Hi Tracy! :wave2:
I don't mean to be a busybody about your knee, but I had a couple of questions for you that might help ( i'm putting on my massage therapist hat). Do you have orthotics or have you noticed if you roll that ankle in or out when you walk or run? Sometimes an unstable ankle can cause strain on the knee and IT band. Also, does your PT work on your glutes, specifically your piriformis? Runners are notorious for having tight piriformis muscles, also causing IT band issues that can radiate into the hamstring. If she doesn't work on your gluteus, try some piriformis stretches ( Google is awesome for finding them), and maybe a light compression knee brace while your out walking to give your knee some support. If you do roll your ankle try a cheap insert in your shoe (dr. scholls work fine) to stabilize and straighten out your gait so you're not straining your leg as you walk/ run. I'm not saying you PT is wrong, it's just my job to look elsewhere for issues that can save you surgery :).
Hope that can be of some help!
Awww, thank you!!! :goodvibes I really appreciate this and will definitely look into the piriformis stretches. I would absolutely love to find a solution that doesn't involve a potential surgery. :scared1: My PT has mentioned I turn in a bit and has also done work on my hamstring. But the glute... I can't recall she's spent tons of time on that. I will definitely look into some stretches - I've made a note of "piriformis". I do have inserts but not the kind that are tailored to correcting anything, just kind of an extra cushion. I took those out a while ago to experiment with what made it feel better. I SO appreciate your concern and help!!! :hug::hug::hug: THANK YOU!!! :goodvibes

Good luck with your crazy schedule the next few days - I'm sure you'll get everything put together and be ready to go!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? YOU LEAVE IN FOUR DAYS!!!

:jumping1:

I will send good vibes upon good vibes that your knee doesn't cause you too many problems on your trip. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I LOVE the bag! I do have a thing for black park bags, however... ;)

It's been fabulous to "meet" you through your PTR and it will be even more fabulous to actually meet you IN PERSON. :woohoo:

Have a fabulous and wonderful trip, and I'll see ya real soon! :earboy2:
I cannot believe it! Aww, thanks so much, Jenny! :goodvibes I'm hoping it cooperates, too! And I'll take all your good vibest! :thumbsup2

Thanks! It's funny because I actually thought about you when buying my bag - I remembered yours was black and looked great so that was the final factor that won me over! :thumbsup2

So excited about our meet!!! See ya soon!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes[/QUOTE]

I hope the bag you chose works out well for you. When I go to the parks by myself, and before we had kids, I always just take what I can carry in my pockets. And I'd wear cargo shorts so I could always take a poncho. But now going with kids. Yeah, @pkondz pretty much nailed it. I'm a pack mule with a backpack about that size.

I hope your knee isn't as bad as the PT thinks it might be. I know all the walking on those hard surfaces can be hard on things, especially if you're not 100% to start with. Hopefully it won't give you any problems while you're there and you can get it checked out when you get back. Just make sure to put plenty of advil in that bag and don't push it too hard... as if it is even possible to hold back. :rolleyes1

3 days!!!!! :) :) :)

We usually just have a back pack with essentials, because = kids.
When I go on my own, sans kids, I use a crossbody big enough for cash/id/cards, chapstick, phone, etc.

We usually clean our house up well, but we also have friends house sit and dog watch.

Hahaha, YES, I definitely approve of the new bag :) Mine is the EXACT same style and I love it! Hopefully you will find that it works well.

My husband had a partially torn meniscus and a fractured patella for our honeymoon--we brought big ziploc bags and a wrap. Every night or on our afternoon breaks he would wrap it, elevate and ice it. That seemed to keep the edge off too much pain. I hope you won't have any trouble with your knee, pixie dust your way!!!

I hope the bag you chose works out well for you. When I go to the parks by myself, and before we had kids, I always just take what I can carry in my pockets. And I'd wear cargo shorts so I could always take a poncho.
I would LOVE to go to the parks without a bag! But... just not gonna happen :laughing:

But now going with kids. Yeah, @pkondz pretty much nailed it. I'm a pack mule with a backpack about that size.
:rotfl2: Yikes! Your poor back!

I hope your knee isn't as bad as the PT thinks it might be. I know all the walking on those hard surfaces can be hard on things, especially if you're not 100% to start with. Hopefully it won't give you any problems while you're there and you can get it checked out when you get back. Just make sure to put plenty of advil in that bag and don't push it too hard... as if it is even possible to hold back. :rolleyes1
Thank you, me as well! I actually hadn't thought about advil until you mentioned it - consider it packed now!!! Thank you!!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes Not sure where my head was on that one... :sad2: I know myself too well and "going easy" just isn't going to happen :laughing:

3 days!!!!! :) :) :)

We usually just have a back pack with essentials, because = kids.
When I go on my own, sans kids, I use a crossbody big enough for cash/id/cards, chapstick, phone, etc.

We usually clean our house up well, but we also have friends house sit and dog watch.
So hard to believe!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Having friends house sit is a great idea. I have a cat and I'm feeling very guilty about leaving her. Usually I've taken her to my mom's for a trip this long but she absolutely hates the car and my mom moved farther away last year so I can't really justify putting my poor cat through that stress. I have a very good friend who will check in on her almost daily though :goodvibes Thank goodness for friends! :hug:

Glad you found a bag that works for you!

I hope your knee does okay!

And last but not least, have fun on your trip!!!
Thank you!!! I'm excited for my new bag... funny how little things like that are such big deals! :laughing:

I'm hoping my knee cooperates... fingers are crossed! And thank you for the well wishes!!! :hug:

Hahaha, YES, I definitely approve of the new bag :) Mine is the EXACT same style and I love it! Hopefully you will find that it works well.

My husband had a partially torn meniscus and a fractured patella for our honeymoon--we brought big ziploc bags and a wrap. Every night or on our afternoon breaks he would wrap it, elevate and ice it. That seemed to keep the edge off too much pain. I hope you won't have any trouble with your knee, pixie dust your way!!!
YAY!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to have the approval from someone who knows first hand that the bag will work great! :thumbsup2

Ugh, sorry to hear that your husband has such issues on your honeymoon! :scared1: That's a great idea to bring Ziploc bags for icing. I have my compression wraps which should help too, hopefully.

Thank you for the pixie dust!!! :goodvibes

I'll be so happy to have you on board for my TR! :goodvibes Have a wonderful time at DL - I hope to hear lots more about that too! :thumbsup2

Well, looks like I would have at least one committed reader! Guess I pretty much have to now haha!

Just one more work day, you can do it!

Also, I'm one of those crazy people who insists on leaving her home spotless prior to vacation. Hello?! Isn't coming home from vacation hard enough?! The last thing I need is to come home to a messy place. So cleaning will occupy my evening tomorrow, as will the continuation of obsessing over packing :laughing: (which, truthfully, is mostly done except for things that will be "morning of" types of things).

SAME HERE!!! :worship: I try to get all the bathrooms cleaned, floors mopped, laundry done and put away and the day we leave, the trash goes out. I'm nuts. But it's nice to come home and not have to worry about doing laundry and cleaning.

As many of you know, I've been going to physical therapy for the last 4 weeks for what we thought was an overuse injury of my knee (IT band and hamstring). Well, save for one run where I wasn't in complete agony, I've seen little to no results whatsoever. My physical therapist has requested that I get back to my doctor and have an MRI asap because she's very worried I have a torn meniscus. :sad: However, she also knows I'm going to Disney in a few days and has given me the green light to just "go easy" :rotfl2:Ha! Clearly she doesn't know me at all. The same girl who will run through a possibly torn meniscus is the same girl who will walk 137 miles each day at Disney no matter what :rotfl: So... we'll see how that goes. I'm really hoping a tear isn't the case and that I won't have any issues during my trip. My knee is feeling pretty bad tonight but I think it's mainly because we did a lot of crazy exercises during my appointment. :sad2: Anyway, I'm trying not to let it get me too discouraged. And, most importantly, I'm hoping I won't be setting myself back by going too crazy next week!

I'm sorry about your knee. I'm hoping it won't give you any problems on your trip. Just don't go to crazy running after characters or anything like that! :goodvibes

Oddly enough, @pkondz somehow found the very same backpack I carried around middle school for 4 years. If you missed it, please go back and check it out. :rotfl2:

I was coming to check out your last update, scrolled down and saw that and just busted up! :rotfl2::rotfl: And then I was thinking, is that for real? Would someone seriously wear that. I bet there are crazies out there that would though.

img_0964-jpg.96194

This is my kind of bag. With pockets in the front for my phone. Good choice! :thumbsup2

ETA: Do you have a FB or IG so I can follow you?? :)

Well, looks like I would have at least one committed reader! Guess I pretty much have to now haha!
YES!!! You sure would! :thumbsup2 Yep... guess you pretty much have to now! ;)

Just one more work day, you can do it!
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

SAME HERE!!! :worship: I try to get all the bathrooms cleaned, floors mopped, laundry done and put away and the day we leave, the trash goes out. I'm nuts. But it's nice to come home and not have to worry about doing laundry and cleaning.
Ya know... between our park touring preferences and our cleaning preferences... I think you and I would get along just fine! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry about your knee. I'm hoping it won't give you any problems on your trip. Just don't go to crazy running after characters or anything like that! :goodvibes
Thank you... it's feeling a bit better today so I'm hoping that'll be the trend over the next couple days leading up to vacation. I was sure to pack some ibuprofen! :laughing:
I was coming to check out your last update, scrolled down and saw that and just busted up! :rotfl2::rotfl: And then I was thinking, is that for real? Would someone seriously wear that. I bet there are crazies out there that would though.
Isn't that hilarious?! I was trying to think of what the circumstances would be to create such a bag. Is it a joke? Is he for real? :rotfl2:

This is my kind of bag. With pockets in the front for my phone. Good choice! :thumbsup2
Thanks!!!

ETA: Do you have a FB or IG so I can follow you?? :)
So here's a confession... I'm hopelessly stuck in a bygone era and don't have either of these! I used to have FB but got rid of it months ago. :sad2: I promise to take good notes and write it all up in a TR though! :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

OH NO to the knee issues. I'm so sorry its not recovering very quickly. That has got to be SO frustrating. I'm having a minor problem with my knee, so I can only imagine a more serious one. Are you able to lightly brace it?

Cute park bag. I bet it looks super cute in pink!

YAY for only a few more days. If I don't get back here have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Did I just read that you recently deleted your Facebook? HOW COULD YOU!? I was actually going to PM you tonight and send you a link to mine, so you could add me, if you wanted! Booooo! :sad:

Also, I'm one of those crazy people who insists on leaving her home spotless prior to vacation. Hello?! Isn't coming home from vacation hard enough?! The last thing I need is to come home to a messy place.
I am this crazy person also! Not only is it really really nice to come home to a clean apartment... but I don't want the cat sitter to think I'm a slob. :scared:

I'm really hoping a tear isn't the case and that I won't have any issues during my trip. My knee is feeling pretty bad tonight but I think it's mainly because we did a lot of crazy exercises during my appointment. :sad2: Anyway, I'm trying not to let it get me too discouraged. And, most importantly, I'm hoping I won't be setting myself back by going too crazy next week!
Woman! If you are in pain and overdo it on your trip and do more damage to your leg, I'm driving down to Orlando to beat your A. Seriously. With ECVs readily available for rent in every park, there's no excuse for you to put yourself through that! If it is bothering you, don't you dare let silly pride stop you from getting one and taking care of yourself! :hug:

I made a bag purchase tonight that I'm mostly happy with. I say mostly because, as great as this bag is organization-wise, it's lacking in, um... the color pink. :laughing:
I must concur that there is a severe lack of pink on this bag. princess: But stylistically, it looks like the exact sort of thing I would pick out. I dig it!

I still plan to bring my other two bags because
1) I'm crazy and 2) I may find I have different needs for different days.
I brought three different park bags with me in September. Then in April, I brought two of those, then bought a third bag once I got down there. :laughing:

On a separate note, I want to thank you all for joining me on this PTR. You truly do not know how much your friendship means to me. :hug: I hope you will join me on my TR upon my return!
I will follow you anywhere, Tracy! Like a total creeper. :tiptoe:

You'll be able to identify me as the limping crazy lady with Mickey ears and a perma-smile. :goodvibes
There will be NO limping! Rent an EVC if it gets that bad, woman! *shakes fist threateningly!* >:(

Last edited:
OH NO to the knee issues. I'm so sorry its not recovering very quickly. That has got to be SO frustrating. I'm having a minor problem with my knee, so I can only imagine a more serious one. Are you able to lightly brace it?
Ugh, I know! Thank you for the sympathy :goodvibes Such bad timing! :sad2: Sorry to hear about your knee, too. Running sure isn't kind to our bodies, is it? Yep, I have a light compression brace that is packed up and ready to go! :thumbsup2

Cute park bag. I bet it looks super cute in pink!
Thanks! Yep, wish I could have found the pink version :laughing:

YAY for only a few more days. If I don't get back here have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!
Thank you SO much, Mary Ellen!!! :goodvibes

Did I just read that you recently deleted your Facebook? HOW COULD YOU!? I was actually going to PM you tonight and send you a link to mine, so you could add me, if you wanted! Booooo! :sad:
Yep, you did just read that... I know, I know, it's unfathomable, isn't it?!

I am this crazy person also! Not only is it really really nice to come home to a clean apartment... but I don't want the cat sitter to think I'm a slob. :scared:
Yay for another like-minded crazy person! :thumbsup2 Yep, that's also a motivating factor for me... the cat sitter! :laughing:

Woman! If you are in pain and overdo it on your trip and do more damage to your leg, I'm driving down to Orlando to beat your A. Seriously. With ECVs readily available for rent in every park, there's no excuse for you to put yourself through that! If it is bothering you, don't you dare let silly pride stop you from getting one and taking care of yourself! :hug:
I honestly had considered that, Billie. We shall see. I need to make sure I don't do worse damage to myself by overdoing it. Thank you for the encouragement. Although... if you want to drive down to Orlando anyway... :rolleyes1

I must concur that there is a severe lack of pink on this bag. princess: But stylistically, it looks like the exact sort of thing I would pick out. I dig it!
RIGHT?! Pink would be an improvement for sure! :laughing:

I brought three different park bags with me in September. Then in April, I brought two of those, then bought a third bag once I got down there. :laughing:
#soulsisters

I will follow you anywhere, Tracy! Like a total creeper. :tiptoe:
Likewise, Billie!

There will be NO limping! Rent an EVC if it gets that bad, woman! *shakes fist threateningly!* >:(
I promise, I promise! :laughing:

My physical therapist has requested that I get back to my doctor and have an MRI asap because she's very worried I have a torn meniscus. :sad:
Are you waiting on the MRI? How intense is your pain?
The same girl who will run through a possibly torn meniscus is the same girl who will walk 137 miles each day at Disney no matter what
That girl needs to take good care of her knee! Glad you have a the compression brace. Do you have physio tape as well?
You should be able to get it in most drug, department, or sporting goods stores. Here is a link on how to use it in case you find some... http://www.kttape.com/instructions/full-knee-support/
Oddly enough, @pkondz somehow found the very same backpack I carried around middle school for 4 years. If you missed it, please go back and check it out. :rotfl2:
:laughing:
I made a bag purchase tonight that I'm mostly happy with. I say mostly because, as great as this bag is organization-wise, it's lacking in, um... the color pink. :laughing:
Nice bag, bummer about the pink, who knows maybe you'll find one at Disney. ;)
Tracy~ Be safe and gentle with that knee okay. Hot baths at night, ice if needed for a half hour at a go, and swimming! These things will hopefully help and relieve some pain and swelling. Enjoy your trip and can't wait to read your TR. You've good heart and soul :goodvibes and I hope this vacation is one of your best ever! :hug: <3 ~Rebecca
You'll be able to identify me as the limping crazy lady
with Mickey ears and a perma-smile. :goodvibes
Again, be safe and have fun!
Oh you bet we'll be here for your TR...can't wait to read all about it!! I have gotten so addicted to the DIS...it's the only place you can talk Disney 24/7 and no one gets annoyed...and you can obsess over silly details and no one thinks you're insane lol.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter