• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I don't see the difference

Yeah, I hate the tip line on a lot of these places where it really isn't warranted. The employees are being paid an actual wage, not "tipped position" wage. Sure, tipping for service above and beyond is okay, but how often does that happen, and how can you know at the time since you pay first? I do feel uncomfortable not leaving anything, but I usually make it a lower amount.

Ah, you had me until the last line! See, I feel that going ahead & tipping anyone & everyone who “asks” by way of a tip jar or tip line on the bill just encourages the trend. I agree with kimblebee, tipping in the US is just out of control. New York state is moving to up the minimum wage quite a bit over the next few years. And fast food workers are going up even more. They will be making more than child care & some health care workers. I won’t feel bad about not tipping someone making $15 an hour to hand me some fries & a burger.

The tipping issue that's been annoying me lately is with takeout and delivery. I pay and give them their tip and then unpack the food, only to find errors or missing items in the order. At that point it is too late to do anything about it.

I won't tip at Panera. They're sooooo slooooow...and the food is meh (just ate there last night). The restaurant is also usually a hot mess with food on the floor and just in a general state of disarray.

5 Guys often gets a buck in their tip jar because the food is ON POINT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter