I eat a lot of rabbit food.

Vegetarian Indian food is usually available if you ask in advance. It is not usually Vegan - Ghee and yogurt being common ingredients. On one of my cruises they had a couple of dishes at lunch each day representing the countries of the crew - Indian, Philippines, etc. I personally loved this!
I agree. Those dishes were consistently the best on the buffet.

Thank you all for your replies. It sounds like I'll be packing some to be on the safe side.
Yes, I am a vegan and I did make a not of it in my reservation, but I appreciate you all looking out for me and mentioning it.

You can only take on board prepacked food. I would double check to make sure you can bring on salad or other fresh foods.

You can only take on board prepacked food. I would double check to make sure you can bring on salad or other fresh foods.

I assumed the OP meant salad dressing, not salad. But yes you are correct, you can only take nonperishable, sealed, commercially packaged food on or off the ship. Unopened bottles of commercially produced salad dressing would be fine. Homemade or open bottles of salad dressing would not. And any vegetables and/or fruit would be a definite no-no.

I assumed the OP meant salad dressing, not salad. But yes you are correct, you can only take nonperishable, sealed, commercially packaged food on or off the ship. Unopened bottles of commercially produced salad dressing would be fine. Homemade or open bottles of salad dressing would not. And any vegetables and/or fruit would be a definite no-no.

Good catch. I was just wondering how she was going to get on lettuce. LOL

Thank you all for your replies. It sounds like I'll be packing some to be on the safe side.
Yes, I am a vegan and I did make a not of it in my reservation, but I appreciate you all looking out for me and mentioning it.
You should still be able to add it. Just call DCL or have your TA do it.

Our server noticed I wasn't eating very much of the vegetarian entrees and leaving a lot of my plate uneaten. He asked what type of food I like to eat at home. When I mentioned that my DH and I like Indian, he said he would be right back and brought out family-style Indian food; we had this every night, even if I ordered a regular vegetarian entree. I have to say, I quickly stopped ordering the vegetarian entrees and just went with the Indian food. It was pretty darn good! Granted, they don't have access to all the spices they normally cook with, but it definitely was more palatable than many of the listed entrees. Our server mentioned they have this as an option for many of their customers who are Indian who sail as well as the crew members, so it was no problem to accommodate us with this. My DH has asked for this every time we've sailed :thumbsup2

One of my favorite entrees that was listed on the menu was a braised tofu "steak", I will take a tofu dish any day. So now that i know that they can bring an entree from any other restaurant, I'm asking for the tofu every time I see it listed!

Wow. Do you recall which ship and which dining room?
We were on the magic and our head server was really nice and said he had a surprise for us and they brought out an amazing Indian food feast. I've seen people eating Indian food on other ships. I would agree that they can do this on any ship.

We were on the magic and our head server was really nice and said he had a surprise for us and they brought out an amazing Indian food feast. I've seen people eating Indian food on other ships. I would agree that they can do this on any ship.

That would be an excellent surprise! !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter