I Found "Ken" The Long Time Server From Trails End

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
I think this was previously reported but I had a "Ken" sighting today and wanted to share.

Ken was a beloved server at Trails End for decades (primarily but had other roles there) and was working at the closing of Trails End. He was always very kind, gentle, helpful, and hard working. He loved to talk and was frequently mentioned on the DIS Camping Board for these traits.

Well, today DW and I found Ken working still at Disney. We had lunch over at Yacht Club at the Ale & Compass Restaurant and Ken was working there as a front host. He was flattered that we remembered him (he'd served us maybe 3-4 times at TE but even when he didn't, we saw him working on the tables of other guests.

I asked if I could take his picture and he agreed and said that he felt something like a celebrity to which I replied "You are to us".

He said he misses the people at Trails End (workers and guests) but said he is treated very well over at Ale & Compass. I chuckled when he said that his daughter encouraged him to move away from serving to hosting because it was less stressful so that's what he did and enjoys it.

So if you get a chance, check at Ale & Compass Restaurant to see if Ken is working the host stand.

He is one of the good guys. :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

How wonderful! We loved talking with Ken at Trail's End. He was always a part of our December vacations. We kept wondering what happened to him. We're planning a stay at the Yacht Club for the Flower & Garden. We'll definitely say high to him. Thank you for finding him and sharing the picture.

Glad to hear that he made it through the Covid nightmare.
I noticed that he’s wearing a blue legacy name tag, I’m wondering if he had it when he was at the Fort?

Last edited:

We have many fond memories of having Ken as our server! We assumed that he retired, but are happy to hear he is happy in his new position!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happened to chef TJ? I used to hear about him all the time before Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter