I got my flu shot today đź’‰

I get a flu shot every year, as I can have respiratory issues when I get sick. Scheduled to go Thursday, and now after that I have to get a covid test since it will be 7 days before some minor hand surgery. There's a Starbucks nearby, I think I will treat myself after those.

I got three vaccines at Publix last week.

I got the Fluad Quad, Pneumovax-23, and Shingrix vaccines that were all recommended for my age

They were all covered by my Medicare except $161.00 for the expensive first dose ofShingrix vaccine.

But I'm glad I got the other two vaccines in addition to the flu vaccine.
I was surprised DH had to pay $160 for each of the 2 doses of shingrix. Thought medicare would cover more than that.

Thanks for reminding me, I was planning to get mine today but never went to town. Tomorrow for sure. DH got his a few days ago. We get them every year.

Plan to get the flu shot in the normal mid to late October timeframe. If you get it too early, it might not last for the entire flu season which continues into the early part of next year.

Plan to get the flu shot in the normal mid to late October timeframe. If you get it too early, it might not last for the entire flu season which continues into the early part of next year.
Seems like each doctor has their own recommendation. Flu season has started earlier here in years past, so my doc has always recommended mid-Sept.

I’ve also seen a lot of rumblings this year of getting it on the earlier side because of supply issues. I’d rather get it early than risk not being able to get it at all.

But I think the best thing each individual can do is listen to their own doctor.

Luckily mine did the last couple of years!! :woohoo:

I never thought there was a "normal" time frame anyway except for the fact that I get mine every year. :)

DH got his flu shot this afternoon at Walgreen’s. He said it took just ten minutes, but he was already registered there and no one was at the pharmacy. FYI since someone earlier had mentioned it took 30 minutes there. He just had to answer a few questions.

Dh and I went to CVS today. We registered so our paperwork was ready. Just had to answer the questions.

My Pcp said any time after Oct. 1st was fine. Sooner the better for me since I will be having surgery in a month or less.

Yep! Except it took 30 minutes at Walgreens, even though there was no one in front of me. Even though I had an 8:00 a.m. appointment, the cashier had to put it in like a prescription, and I apparently had to wait until the pharmacist got to mine. Don't think I'll do that again.

That stinks. I got mine at Walgreens and the clerk did have to run it as a prescription to get my insurance to pay, but as soon as she finished inputting, the pharmacist stopped what she was doing and gave me the shot really quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter