I got my flu shot today 💉

DH & I got ours yesterday. I felt wiped out the rest of the evening. Went to bed early and slept like a log and now I'm fine. Kids got theirs a week ago.

Hooefully the flu season will be very mild. If everyone stays home when sick,wears a mask, washes hands multiple times a day, we should hopefully remain healthy.
::yes:: I suspect this will be the case; it's only logical.
I’m in Ontario Canada , ours are not out yet. Asked the doctor and the drug store and said they don’t come out until mid Oct.

But will be getting one than.
General availability in Alberta begins on October 19 with priority being given to children under 5, the immuno-compromised (who can tolerate vaccines) and all their respective household members. They can apparently make appointments for vaccination through a variety of providers - the rest of us do first-come-first served at pharmacies.

The province has apparently ordered 360,000 more doses than the normal number of 1.6 million (for a population of 4.2 million) in anticipation of extra demand this year. My workplace has just announced the date of our in-house vaccination clinic will be November 4.

I got mine last Monday. Flu shot clinic through my medical group. They had it set up right out in front of the office. Walked right up, they took my info, walked over to the person giving the shots and done. Quick and easy and got a free keychain...:laughing:

I’ve also seen a lot of rumblings this year of getting it on the earlier side because of supply issues. I’d rather get it early than risk not being able to get it at all.
This is what happened to me last year, they ran out before I could get one.

Got mine this morning. My arm is super sore. They said keep moving it to help keep the soreness down, but it hurts to move!!
First time it hasn't hurt....it was awesome. I felt a little soreness when I laid on it that night but that was it.

Got mine Friday. Had to call around to find the 65+ shot. Got it at a grocery store pharmacy, Hannaford. Upper arm was sore that night, but fine after that.

I got mine this morning at CVS while picking up my prescriptions. My company does a flu shot clinic but that's not for three weeks, meanwhile I fly to Orlando on the 14th and really wanted it with some time for it to gain effectiveness before traveling.

Got mine about a week ago. I planned to wait a little longer but we lost health insurance the end of September so had to do it or end up paying for it myself.

While my husband & I got ours about a month ago, our 2 youngest (adult) sons still live at home. I asked them to get the flu shot this year (they usually don't). One of them has gone out and gotten it.

The other one works nights and hasn't had a chance to get it (hope he does).

Got mine at HEB a couple days ago. In the past 7 years, I've always gotten mine at the local hospital-I volunteered there, and it was a requirement, so they offered it. However, this year, because of COVID, they've suspended the volunteer program, so I had to find another place to get the shot. I figured I get so many things at HEB, why not my flu shot too!

Got ours today. Husband's work is running a clinic (Quest Diagnostics is running it) this week and next week.

So far just a bit of heaviness in my arm but that's it. If there's more I'll update. The nurse who administered mentioned a lot of people had said it had been a long time since they had last gotten the vaccine but I take that as optimism for this fall and winter for my area that more people than normal might be protected.

Got ours today. Husband's work is running a clinic (Quest Diagnostics is running it) this week and next week.

So far just a bit of heaviness in my arm but that's it. If there's more I'll update. The nurse who administered mentioned a lot of people had said it had been a long time since they had last gotten the vaccine but I take that as optimism for this fall and winter for my area that more people than normal might be protected.

I got mine this past Thursday. This is the second flu shot that I've received (in my lifetime). I mainly never did it because I always react to everything and just didn't want to deal with it. But last year, I had a big November Disney trip planned, knew I'd be around a ton of people, so I got the shot around 10 October. About 10 hours after the shot I felt unwell for about 30 hours. Very low grade fever (100.5), fatigue, muscle aches, and DANG, my arm got very sore and hot.

This year I got the shot around 12:30 on Thursday, felt fine most of the rest of the day. When I went to bed I had some very mild arm pain but it didn't seem to be like last year. Then I woke up around 1AM, body aches, headache, felt really hot, arm hurting worse, but no fever. Ended up feeling "off" all day Friday with a dull headache and aches. Arm started getting really painful on Friday evening, to the point I couldn't sleep, but not warm like last year, nor did I ever get a fever. I swear I did not feel like myself until I woke up Monday morning.

I hate that the vaccine makes me feel like that.

Got mine, first time getting a flu shot. No objection, just lazy... getting the yearly shot is such a pain. But now It is state mandated in Massachusetts for all educators and students to get one by Jan. Made my arm pretty sore, I already had a shoulder injury on that arm, so that might have contributed to the inflammation, but all resolved in a day or two.

I got mine last week at CVS. I get one at this time every year because I work on a school. We are face to face with masks, distancing and extra cleaning. No Covid cases yet that we know of.

I got mine this past Thursday. This is the second flu shot that I've received (in my lifetime). I mainly never did it because I always react to everything and just didn't want to deal with it. But last year, I had a big November Disney trip planned, knew I'd be around a ton of people, so I got the shot around 10 October. About 10 hours after the shot I felt unwell for about 30 hours. Very low grade fever (100.5), fatigue, muscle aches, and DANG, my arm got very sore and hot.

This year I got the shot around 12:30 on Thursday, felt fine most of the rest of the day. When I went to bed I had some very mild arm pain but it didn't seem to be like last year. Then I woke up around 1AM, body aches, headache, felt really hot, arm hurting worse, but no fever. Ended up feeling "off" all day Friday with a dull headache and aches. Arm started getting really painful on Friday evening, to the point I couldn't sleep, but not warm like last year, nor did I ever get a fever. I swear I did not feel like myself until I woke up Monday morning.

I hate that the vaccine makes me feel like that.
Ugh I'm sorry to hear about all of that reactions you've had/have! That sounds so miserable :(

I usually didn't get the shot because of the yes overly used but true for me excuse "but I never get the flu" well to the best of our knowledge we had the flu right after the super bowl parade/rally and we were already talking about "well maybe this year we should get it" and then COVID came big time and it just felt like "yup we really really need to this year".

My mom got hers IMO a bit too early in August. She said she was worried about shortages. She said she didn't have any reactions but her arm a teensy bit sore.

Got mine, first time getting a flu shot. No objection, just lazy... getting the yearly shot is such a pain. But now It is state mandated in Massachusetts for all educators and students to get one by Jan. Made my arm pretty sore, I already had a shoulder injury on that arm, so that might have contributed to the inflammation, but all resolved in a day or two.
The nurse who did ours asked if we had a preference for which arm, did they do that for you?

I got mine this morning at CVS while picking up my prescriptions. My company does a flu shot clinic but that's not for three weeks, meanwhile I fly to Orlando on the 14th and really wanted it with some time for it to gain effectiveness before traveling.
My company's on-site clinic was today and I got mine. The nurse stressed the fact it takes two weeks for maximum immunity to develop.
The nurse who did ours asked if we had a preference for which arm, did they do that for you?
My nurse did but she also specifically recommended getting it in the dominant arm because moving it around apparently helps minimize the stiff/sore feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter