• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I had a pin code!

AlexandChloe

Earning My Ears
I called today to see if I was one of the lucky few.. and I was! They gave me a rate of $156 for Animal Kingdom Savannah in July! I was originnally going to go with a value resort but its hard to pass that up!

I am hesitant to call...the one time I tried (in like January or something) they were pretty snitty while telling me that if I had one, I should be telling THEM~ I asked nicely for her to look, and she immediately told me "Nope, nothing!" I am not confidant that she told the truth (answered REALLY quickly). How did you ask? Maybe I will get brave enough!

Beth

Thats really good because the AP rates for Savannah view are in the 199-205 range. Are you sure it isn't a standard view? If it isn't I would sure snatch that up quick!

I am sure.. standard was $137 and deluxe savannah was $230. I didn't even ask about other resorts but I may call back and get a few other quotes.

Oops.. I meant to tell you how I asked.. I just called and said I knew someone who had one and could they check for me. She asked me lots of questions before she told me yes.

Oh good for you! great rate...congrats :banana: ..I called yesterday to ask and it took for the rep a while to look but was told no, there was nothing under our household name :sad2: he was very nice though & patient. We received an email last year with a pin code but nothing so far.

I understand your hesitation. Please understand that the "snippy" attitude of the CM was not directed at you personally. They get inundated with these calls when someone reports that there was a pin issued.

If every call you got was someone asking "Do I have a PIN?" and no one books anything, it gets pretty tiring.

The best way to ask is be nice. Ask the agent you speak with if you have a pin code. Ask them to check the dates you're looking to travel. They will ask you all the standard booking questions, or they will check for interactions on your household. The first way is the more precise way, as checking for interactions is tricky and not easily seen if a PIN isn't provided.

Also, if you don't have a pin, but you are interested in waiting to see if a PIN will be offered later on, book your stay with a courtesy hold,(14 days without deposit), and check periodically.

AlexandChloe, I'm curious to know what your dated in July are for the AKL. I haven't heard of any pin codes being released after 7/4. Thanks!

Melissa

This whole problem of do... you have a pin..how to find out... is a PIA,lol! I think it was a MUCH better system when they mailed out postcards.. If they don't like people calling and get snitty then go back to post cards IMHO.

Would someone let me know if anyone has gotten a Pin code next to their name when they called and checked for the months of Sept or Oct?I wasn't sure if any for these months are out yet.

Would someone let me know if anyone has gotten a Pin code next to their name when they called and checked for the months of Sept or Oct?I wasn't sure if any for these months are out yet.

taximomfor4 said:
I am hesitant to call...the one time I tried (in like January or something) they were pretty snitty while telling me that if I had one, I should be telling THEM~ I asked nicely for her to look, and she immediately told me "Nope, nothing!" I am not confidant that she told the truth (answered REALLY quickly). How did you ask? Maybe I will get brave enough!

Beth

I had this happen to me last night. I had read this post & decided to call and give it a try. The person on the other end was rude & unfriendly to begin with, no Disney magic coming from him!!! Anyways, he priced out a room for me, I asked if packages were out for 2006 & he just said "nope". Then I asked if he would check to see of I had a pin # next to my name & he said that he could not do that. I told him I knew it could be done, he asked how did I know that had I had it done before. I told him I hadn't but other people have posted they had, he said he didn't know why people say that, it's not possible. He told me if I had a pin I needed to be telling him, not him telling me :earseek: He wouldn't even pull up my name because I had said earlier in the conversation I wasn't booking now, just checking pricing. :confused3 I just thanked him for his time & said I'll call back & speak with someone else. I didn't end up calling back though because he had put me in such a bad mood I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. :sad2: I must add, I remained nice the entire conversation even though we started out on a bad foot when he picked up the call & immed. put me on mute for over a min. & did this throughout the conversation, me sitting in total silence, just waiting without being told he was putting me on "hold".

I called a few weeks ago to check to see if I had a pin code next to my name and I did!!! My husband and I are going October 2-9 at AKL. I got the fall pin code, which was room at rack rate w/free dining plan. The pin code was good for dates up to October 4th. I put the package on hold for 14 days while I tried to decide which way to go... book the package or try for an AP discount. I decided to get the package and try the dining plan... can't wait to try all of the yummy food in WDW.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

AlexandChloe said:
we tried a few dates.. july 10-15 and July 17- 22

We are traveling July 17-22 and planning on staying at the Polynesian. Last year we stayed at Old Key West resort and the year before that we were at the Carib. Beach. I'm new to the boards, AlexandChloe could you or someone explain how you earn a pin code? Is it given based on the amout of stays at Disney? I just booked the DCL part of this vacation and the Polynesian res. are on hold. Maybe I can get lucky with a discount? :flower:
Thanks so much.

AlexandChloe-

Can you give us anymore details? I haven't heard of anyone else getting a pin for those dates. I called this morning to be sure and I had the pin for dates up to July 4, and the fall pin for dining but was told there are no pin codes available to anyone for the dates between the two. The cm was very nice took a long time looking (incidently I have recieved 4 pins and each one was to a different member of the family so people calling make sure to check everyones names, even your minor kids) and she thought she might be able to book the fall one for my July dates (because some codes will let you book beyond published dates??) but the computer wouldn't let her (and I didn't expect it to). I would love to be able to swap my AP rate for a pin that let me add on meals.

Tink&SquirtsMom said:
AlexandChloe-

Can you give us anymore details? I haven't heard of anyone else getting a pin for those dates. I called this morning to be sure and I had the pin for dates up to July 4, and the fall pin for dining but was told there are no pin codes available to anyone for the dates between the two. The cm was very nice took a long time looking (incidently I have recieved 4 pins and each one was to a different member of the family so people calling make sure to check everyones names, even your minor kids) and she thought she might be able to book the fall one for my July dates (because some codes will let you book beyond published dates??) but the computer wouldn't let her (and I didn't expect it to). I would love to be able to swap my AP rate for a pin that let me add on meals.

I'm a little confused, if you haven't booked it, how would they have your name. do you call and reserve first then call back periodically to see if you have a code? how does this work. new to this. really want to stay at AKL

Waynedavis, I'm not really sure how they get all the info. We've never been to WDW and although this trip is booked (through DU), we've been recieving email pins since before we ever booked anything. I have requested the WDW dvd and dh is registered at the disneyworld website so thats how they got our info. But who knows how they got my 4yo or 2yo's info, and each of them have gotten codes too. Maybe through our numerous Disneyland trips. :confused3 We always stay at the Disneyland Hotel so I guess they would have the kids info that way. So no you don't have to be booked to get a code, but also it doesn't appear to hurt your chances of getting a code if you are booked (I've gotten two since booking this trip). Don't count on one though, since they are totally random, and even if you do get them you could be as "lucky" as me and get them for every date EXCEPT the ones you can actually use. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter