I have never...

I have never been to DL or DCA. I am headed that way very soon and itching to go. Have been to WDW 20+ times but first time for DL.

Hmmm.. been on a trip to DL at least once a year (5 day trips) for past 5 years.. but still have not done/had:
Playhouse Disney (boys think it's too "kiddie")
Fantasmic Buffet ($$$)
Club 33/Walt's apartment
Malaboomer-- too scary!

PLAN TO DO in OCTOBER !
Bengal BBQ
Dole Whip
Main street vehicles (have done horse drawn car and double decker bus)
50th display at Opera House (only viewed movie)
Visit Crush
Halloween Treat (Going on 21st!) I'm goping to be a pirate:
See ASIMO in Innoventions
Ride in pliot house of Mark Twain
Tender ride on train (anyone know if they are doing this more often?)

I have done and thought it was cool:
Sleeping Beauty walk thru before it closed
Country Bear Jamboree (miss it)
Performed in parade
Rode in front and back of Monorail
Rode in golden tea cup and golden jungle cruise boat

Malaboomer-- too scary!

Maliboomer actually isn't as bad as it looks. I'm a bit afraid of heights but I went on it anyway. It's scary when it launches but as it comes down it's not frightening at all since it comes down really slow. I've seen tons of people freak out once it launches, but once it comes down they have a smile on their face like "What was I so worried about?" :sunny:

Wow, that's a hard one since we've been so many times. Lately on our trips we have tried to do something that we had never done. Not much left. Well, since I'm usually travelling with my DS...

I have never done the wine tasting or eaten at the Trattoria in DCA.

I think I can honestly say that I have done everything at DL at least once.

I have never rode the main street vehicles, seen a fireworks or fantasmic show, rode on space mountain, or visited the ca adventure, club 33.

I have never been on Tom Sawyer Island at DL. I've been on it once at WDW.
Just never found it too exciting as it feels like visiting a playground which we can do here anytime in St. Louis. I know it's better than the average playground, but it's still a little too similar activity that can be found here.
Oh yeah, never been on the Rocket Jets or Astro Orbitor or whatever it's called today. Again, it didn't seem like anything we couldn't do at our local amusement parks.

I have never been on the Columbia. Or the Astro Orbitors.
Club 33, well I don't ever expect I will be able to do this one.

Funnygarcia, what is the tender ride on the train? I guess I might not have done that either.

This is fun. I will plan a DIS wine tasting meet for those who want to scratch that off their list.

I have never ridden Buzz Lightyear at Disneyland. My kids don't have any interest in riding. I need to borrow some younger kids for the day to share my passion for Disneyland. ;) And I still haven't ridden the New and Improved Space Mountain. That all changes in 2 weeks when I go without them!

We are such creatures of habit that even after 9 trips in the past two years we still have a list of "never have done it's"! I know there are more but here's what comes to mind for me (Dh, dd, ds have done some of these things however):

King Triton's Carousel
Tom Sawyer Island
Orange Stinger
Innoventions
Sailing Ship Columbia
Never seen Fantasmic from anywhere but the balcony (spoiled us I guess)
Block Party Bash (too busy seeing DL parade)
Turtle Talk with Crush
Golden Dreams show
Never eaten at any of the GC restaurants.

A couple of things we did this week that we had not done before were:
Canoes. Actually really enjoyed this in spite of the fact that my family of four plus one other guy were the only people paddling!
Maliboomer. Not very scary at all. I was very proud of myself for even trying it at long last.

This is easy! I've been to DL 3 times and I've NEVER been on the Matterhorn!

4th time is lucky, right?

Tink33, we're practically neighbors! I'll go to Disneyland and ride BuzzLightyear with you any time! It's very fun, but my scores never get over 68,000!

The tender ride on the train ...
You sit near the engineers by the engine. I read it about it on a post on Laughingplace that they had started doing these again.

Sitting with the driver in the front of the monorail is also an extra special event.. just in the last year they have started allowing it again. Just ask!

For the pilot house just ask a CM when you board the Mark Twain-- or knock ont he pilot house door. I read they give you a special certificate when done (you get to pilot the boat)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter