I just have one Disney DVC wish....

Welcome to the DIS! We're all glad to have you here!

JohnHM can prospective members send an e-mail to that address, I would love the discount when I join?

I've heard conflicting answers on that. I think you could write to them and explain your situation. It's worth a try... :)

the response that I received to my e-mail urging them to consider a DVC AP on the level of the FL residents' pass. Here it is:

August 22, 2001

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your e-mail about the discounts on tickets.

We certainly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas with us. We cannot stress enough how important our members' input is to us. We are constantly evaluating our benefits and striving to improve our benefits offered to our members. You may be assured your input is being shared with the appropriate manager.

Jonathan, we are glad you are a member of our Disney family and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Jackie Lueders
Member Satisfaction Manager

Just wanted to share that.

Well, that was a very polite response. But was that canned or what?

While it would be a great perk, I just do not see it coming.

We are Disney's most loyal fans and we stay there more than anyone else. The impact of a discount to the 60,000 of us would have an impact on WDW's bottom line.

Its big bucks.

That's what I wanted to hear, that it was being passed up to the appropriate manager as I asked.

My fear was that they would send a similarly polite, canned response simply explaining that 'we appreciate your input, but there is no such discount program.' It may seem like a subtle difference, and said appropriate manager might ignore one such e-mail, but if everyone who really wants this discount writes to them, I think it might really have some sort of impact.

As they said, they value our input and want to hear from us.

Again, just wanted to share.

I must respectfully disagree. It's not like asking for FREE passes, we're talking about a 15-20% discount here. So they would still be collecting all of that money for the passes, albeit perhaps less than they do now from passes, BUT DVC members would spend a lot more time in the parks than they do now (presenting the *potential* for a lot more money spent in the parks on incidentals and food). That's my argument, and I'm sticking to it! :D

JohnHM, I didn't mean to imply anything bad by my "canned response" answer. I completely agree that if you don't let your requests/suggestions be known, you definately won't get a response. I also agree that in a good business sense if enough people ask they will at least think about it. I for one think it would be a great perk and will send my letter today.

Oh, I know you weren't implying anything. I just felt like elaborating. It wasn't any reflection on what you had said.

I promise to send an email to DVC.

I promise NOT to continue to pay the ridiculous price they charge for Annual Passes.

I promise NOT to visit the parks any more than 2 days per visit.

I, too, would like to have the Florida discount or even the old Magic Kingdom Club discounts.
The fact that we pay taxes in Florida,( plus our family also pays taxes on Marriott Vacation Club in Florida) makes me feel certain that we should be entitled to the Florida resident discount.

All sorts of reasons are given by DVC why we shouldn't get these discounts but that does not make me agree with them!

June :confused: :mad:

JonHM

I sent a letter to DVC about a month ago regarding better tix for DVC members and I got the exact same word-for-word letter!

mzzbuzzlightyear - Well, I'd be happy if they simply came up with a different pass for us for the same price. I can understand them technically not giving us the FL resident pass, BUT they should offer us something very similar designed specifically for DVC members.

KLR - Oh, yeah, I'm sure it's a total form letter. But I still think that the more of us they hear from, the better our chances.

The cost of the tickets is one of the main reasons we have not yet purchased DVC. A 'real' discount on tickets would make DVC much more attractive for me and my family.

I would like to see a pre-paid ticket package (AP through 2042) for DVC members similar to the DVC. Now, that would keep you coming back year after year!

-M.E. :earsboy:

I just received my form letter and I must say mine differs. It has that I'm really annoyed that you asked for something tone while thantking me ever so sweetly and non sincerely. Unless I'm reading it wrong. I won't print the entire letter but I will tell you that it DOES MENTION THE 10% DISCOUNT ON THE ULTIMATE PARK HOPPER PASS THEY OFFER IN CAPITOL LETTERS. I think they have gotten a few e-mails and they think that we do not know about the wonderful discount they offer and how it is an excellent way to enjoy the magic Disney has to offer.

They are keeping my e-mail on file for future consideration because it apparently is not important enough to forward to the proper manager or they could care less about what the members want. Although they did appreciate my taking the time to share my thoughts and said that they cannot stress enough how much their members imput means to them.

Keep writing those e-mails. I will probably thank them for reading it and taking the time to file it in the cylindrical file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter