I just let the dog go.

douglisa

DIS Veteran
There is a "Lady" down the street who's yellow lab frequently gets loose. She is so pretty, the lab, looks just like ours.
Anyway it usually goes right for our yard and our dogs,inside dogs, go crazy.
Last time I used Sophie, our lab, to coax the dog on our porch so she could catch her.
The "Lady" had no leash, took the dog by her neck and shook her violently yelling mostly f bombs in front of my 7 yr old. Then she smacked it around and drug it by its collar back home. :mad:
Rather then subjecting myself to her I am letting it go and having fun watching her run.
Right now the dog is leading her on a merry chase all over town.
It's a small town w/out much traffic, it should be fine. Probably needs the exercise anyway. Lord knows she needs it!:rotfl:

I would be calling the police and animal shelter. Sounds like a case for animal cruelty. Get that dog a better home.

We have no animal shelter here. I am not for sure where she lives or I would report it to police. If the police are called about a dog running around they ignore it most the time. :confused3 Small town.

Well if the dog does not get hit by a car I can just imagine what she is going to do to it once she catches it:sad2: . Why did you not call the cops on her last time?

The "Lady" had no leash, took the dog by her neck and shook her violently yelling mostly f bombs in front of my 7 yr old. Then she smacked it around and drug it by its collar back home.

Classy with a capital K.

It does get frustrating, catching the same dog all the time!! you take it home and then the next day there it is running around on the razzle again!! drives you nuts,not sure what I would do?
I have a beagle that has escaped 3 or 4 times(he is 4 now) I run around frantic, if someone phones me I buy them flowers and kiss the dam dog(even although he has made me mad and cry all day!)
Once I stopped the car and picked up a dog ,I had picked it up 4 times before, I phoned them and they said, oh dont worry just let him go, he will find his own way home!!( he was in the middle of the road when I picked him up!)
So I said forget it, I phoned the council and they asked for my address, I gave it to them cause they said they would pick the dog up, Guess what, yip, the numpties gave it to the owner, they arrived mad as hell, gonna kick my head in!!!??? So it is a difficult one!!

I understand in theory what you were doing, trying to make more work for the woman. I'm afraid that you have made things worse for the dog :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: I would've problary called the cops after you saw the first incident

What do you mean by "let the dog go'?

I did not help her catch it.

Not sure why I did not call the cops last time. Maybe out of fear.
I have never seen the dog except the 2 times it has run away from her, dh said he helped her catch it another time. He said she was not abusive but used language that almost made him blush. He is ex Navy and a construction worker!:scared:

I would be calling the police and animal shelter. Sounds like a case for animal cruelty. Get that dog a better home.

Just what I was thinking, I would be so concerned (& actually am concerned) what she will do when she gets the dog back!

What do you mean by "let the dog go'?

I believe she meant she didn't help the owner catch it this time, as last time the woman was [heavy sarcasm] SO grateful to her for doing so and SO happy to have her dog safely returned.[/heavy sarcasm]

I wouldn't take that poor dog back to that...witch...either, and I wouldn't help her catch it. No wonder it runs from her if she treats it like that!

And I believe the person who suggested calling the police meant for the OP to complain about the woman treating the dog cruelly and not just that she lets it run free.

I understand in theory what you were doing, trying to make more work for the woman. I'm afraid that you have made things worse for the dog :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: I would've problary called the cops after you saw the first incident

Making an enemy in a small town can be a bad thing. What if she decided to be petty and do things to us? We had a lady whos German Shephard attacked one of our dogs. It was an ugly situation, I reported the incident and nothing really came of it except she would call the cops telling them that we were not taking care of our Sophie, that she did not have adequate food, water and shade. Which was a crock. We put a doggy door through our garrage and and built a house in there too, we put food and water dishes that peek through her kennel so she can not topple them over. Crazy woman. Finally the cops got onto her and would ignore her sillyness.

I did not help her catch it.

Not sure why I did not call the cops last time. Maybe out of fear.
I have never seen the dog except the 2 times it has run away from her, dh said he helped her catch it another time. He said she was not abusive but used language that almost made him blush. He is ex Navy and a construction worker!:scared:

Oh, ok. I thought you meant you had released it. I doubt I would have helped either, in that particular situation.

Maybe next time I will help her catch it and let her use one of my leashes, it will be a good excuse to see where she lives because I will follow her so I can have my leash back.

I'm sorry, but I think what you did/did not do was horrible. I would have gotten the dog, and found a rescue that would take it. I would not have let it run loose, all the while enjoying the sight of the lady trying to catch it. I bet that dog is going to get a beating when it gets home. People like that never blame themselves...they blame the dog.

What's wrong with you? Did you enjoy watching the dog run around? Did you not think of the consequences to that poor dog? I would have "kidnapped" the dog and taken it to a rescue or found a home for it.

I'm sorry, but I think what you did/did not do was horrible. I would have gotten the dog, and found a rescue that would take it. I would not have let it run loose, all the while enjoying the sight of the lady trying to catch it. I bet that dog is going to get a beating when it gets home. People like that never blame themselves...they blame the dog.

What's wrong with you? Did you enjoy watching the dog run around? Did you not think of the consequences to that poor dog? I would have "kidnapped" the dog and taken it to a rescue or found a home for it.

Statements like these are not conducive to a peaceful dis:

What's wrong with you?
Did you enjoy watching the dog run around?

You may not agree w/ how I handled the situation but there is no need to be combative.

I am so sick of reading posts where people bash others. It's like a pack of hyenas. One comes and then they all come. How is that adding to polite conversation? I can not tell you how many people I have put on ignore in this last week. How many posts, my own included, I have unsubbed because of abussive trolls. I am a peaceful person, you may not agree w/ some things I say but at least be polite and get to your point w/out being combative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter