I just spoke to the owner of HydroFlask...

did anyone notice that "chimps incorporated" is one of donation choices....I'm afraid to ask what that is all about.
^ I think that has something to do with the folks at Universal's management. :laughing:

^ I think that has something to do with the folks at Universal's management. :laughing:

Good news about GKTW, btw, did anyone notice that "chimps incorporated" is one of donation choices....I'm afraid to ask what that is all about.

Chimps Inc is a non profit organization that takes in chimpanzees that are no longer wanted or can no longer be cared for. Its a great organization that does wonderful work. It is located near Bend, Oregon, home of Hydroflask.

This is a great company and I have personally spoken to the owner and as Kevin said, he is very surprised and happy about all the support from the DIS community...keep those orders coming in!!

That's great news. I bought mine back in May and have used it on 2 trips to WDW since. It's amazing that in the August FL temps we had ice all day carrying it on the outside of the backpack!
I've had two issues with my HydroFlask. The cap broke within the first few weeks. Customer service was very quick to replace it. After the May trip I noticed paint peeling off the bottom. CS suggested I send it back but didn't want to part with it. To stop the paint chip trail all over WDW I bought a coozie at The Rain Forest Cafe:)
About the time the HydroFlask started peeling I bought an EcoVessel. It worked just as well in the August heat. Ice all day no sweat. It comes in pink too:cutie: They don't give back so I'll stick with HydroFlask.

I ordered mine about a week and 1/2 ago and was sure to note that I heard about them on the DIS in the comments section!!

I bought a 12 oz and also ordered the sports cap. While I love it for its portability and that it doesn't sweat, I am kind of disappointed that the liquids don't stay as hot or cold as I like. I also own a Sigg Thermal that keeps liquids cold up to 12 hours and hot up to 6. This product is amazing but the downside was that it leaked if you didn't screw the lid on right (also not as portable as HF).

I was hoping the HF would work just as well, but I dunno. I used it on two trips to NYC in the heat wave. Cold water with ice didn't stay cold past two hours, even if I put the flask in the hotel fridge the night before. Hot tea is more or less the same, gets lukewarm after 3 hours. The thing I liked about my Sigg Thermal was I could fill it with hot tea and have it available all day at work, and it usually lukewarm after 10 hours. Has anyone have the same experiences? I used both the sports cap and also the default cap that comes with it.

That surprises me. I have never had anything get warm or go cold that quickly in the 1 1/2 years I've been using my Hydroflasks. And I've left mine in the car all day in the DC summer...

I was all set to place orders last night, but they appear to be out of stock on all of the sport caps. :( I'm still hoping to order four of them for our trip at the beginning of October.

I bought a 12 oz and also ordered the sports cap. While I love it for its portability and that it doesn't sweat, I am kind of disappointed that the liquids don't stay as hot or cold as I like. I also own a Sigg Thermal that keeps liquids cold up to 12 hours and hot up to 6. This product is amazing but the downside was that it leaked if you didn't screw the lid on right (also not as portable as HF).

I was hoping the HF would work just as well, but I dunno. I used it on two trips to NYC in the heat wave. Cold water with ice didn't stay cold past two hours, even if I put the flask in the hotel fridge the night before. Hot tea is more or less the same, gets lukewarm after 3 hours. The thing I liked about my Sigg Thermal was I could fill it with hot tea and have it available all day at work, and it usually lukewarm after 10 hours. Has anyone have the same experiences? I used both the sports cap and also the default cap that comes with it.

This is the first time I've heard this.

Maybe you have a defective flask.

I have the 18 ounce narrow mouthed bottle and I have ice the next day.

I"d give customer service a call.

Shame about this. I agree that it sounds like a defect.

Put some ice in our Hydro Flask on Friday along with some water. Forgot about it and poured it out on Sunday. While most of the ice had melted I was surprised that there was about 1/2 of ice still there, even after 48 hours.

Our families Hydroflasks arrived today. I went to the fivepercentback.org website and I still don't see GKTW. Has anyone heard when they will be added.

I'm getting ready to order my hydroflask. Which is the best size? I don't think I want the sipper top because of the noise that make. Thanks

Which is the best size? I don't think I want the sipper top because of the noise that make. Thanks

Size?
It depends on how much you drink and how close is your "refill station".
Are you going to be carrying your bottle? If it is too big, it can get heavy. I think better is a small/medium bottle and refill often. Especially in the summer, you should be drinking lots!

I have an 18 oz Thermos Intak vacuum insulated bottle that I just love. It is very pretty and I use it at my desk at work. Several times a day I refill it with tap water. The three ice cubes I put in the bottle in the morning are still there at the end of the day.

My bottle has a sipping straw and it does not make any noise. The straw I'd covered by a very nice and hygienic top.

I hate the noise of a sports cap too, but I ordered one because I don't want to have to keep screwing the lid on and off.

However, I figured out that if you loosen the cap just a bit, it gets rid of a lot of the suction...no sucking hard to get the water out, and best of all...no loud noise! :) it also allows me to chug the water down. I love the flask and the top. I have the narrow mouth 24oz.

Hope all of that made sense!

Which one of the Hydroflask do most people prefer? I haven't seen them in person so I wasn't sure if I want ed Standard or narrow. Thanks

We just got one of each. The 24oz narrow is smaller around both on the top and around the entire flask. The 21oz standard is about the size around of the camelback bottles, if you've seen those. The narrow mouth top is about as big around as a silver dollar. Cubes from my ice machine fit just fine. I decided on the narrow because I likes the style of the sports top better than the standard. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter