I know it's a long way off... but.. 2018 Dopey

Since 2016 is winding down, I thought I would start planning out 2018. (2017 is sketched out already in my head.) I want to do Dopey again in 2018. I even discussed it with my BFF, who I have turned on to running. He even liked the Splash & Dash (Wine & Dine 2014). I'm not sure if he would find the humor in sleet and frost though.

Since 2016 is winding down, I thought I would start planning out 2018. (2017 is sketched out already in my head.) I want to do Dopey again in 2018. I even discussed it with my BFF, who I have turned on to running. He even liked the Splash & Dash (Wine & Dine 2014). I'm not sure if he would find the humor in sleet and frost though.

We didn't have any sleet or frost this year, so I'm sure that almost guarantees it for next year! ;)

Already got my whole 2017 race schedule mapped in preparation for Dopey!!! Crazy to be this excited for something so far away

Already got my whole 2017 race schedule mapped in preparation for Dopey!!! Crazy to be this excited for something so far away

Glad I'm not the only one! Always struggle finding stuff later on in the year in the north of the uk so gotta get organised!

I saw that Avengers participants got emails after race week giving them opportunity to register for 2018 immediately.

Fingers crossed this happens for Marathon Weekend, since it's a race weekend that's incredibly undersold for 2017.

I saw that Avengers participants got emails after race week giving them opportunity to register for 2018 immediately.

Fingers crossed this happens for Marathon Weekend, since it's a race weekend that's incredibly undersold for 2017.
That would be nice.

Not every Avenger's runner.....

Not that I am looking to run it next year, but it may be the only half that fits into my schedule...C2C #7........

Dang. That stinks.

It's on my shortlist, but I probably won't do it in 2017 if its the same weekend as RnR Las Vegas - my husband has put a moratorium on Disney races until I start working in non-Disney races at locales he wants to travel to. So, it's probably just Dopey and Tink for me in 2018.

I miss the Marathon Monday promotion :(

I miss the Marathon Monday promotion :(

What is/was the Marathon Monday promotion? I'm guessing from context it was a chance to register for the following year's marathon but just wanted to be sure.

When did they stop that?

What is/was the Marathon Monday promotion? I'm guessing from context it was a chance to register for the following year's marathon but just wanted to be sure.

When did they stop that?
Free park entry with your marathon finisher medal on Monday, the day after the marathon. My thought is that they stopped it because they didn't need to do it anymore - as in, they didn't need to give people incentive to sign up for the race.

This was for the 2011 marathon - so right before runDisney got SUPER popular and events began to sell out crazy fast. And now we can see that we're sort of coming down from that craze, so it'll be interesting to see if they bring stuff like this back.

Free park entry with your marathon finisher medal on Monday, the day after the marathon. My thought is that they stopped it because they didn't need to do it anymore - as in, they didn't need to give people incentive to sign up for the race.

This was for the 2011 marathon - so right before runDisney got SUPER popular and events began to sell out crazy fast. And now we can see that we're sort of coming down from that craze, so it'll be interesting to see if they bring stuff like this back.
I don't know if they would bring this back specifically because park admission is not something they like to just give away with today's management style. Sure they could offer a discount or something but I don't see them giving free park entry ever again.

I don't know if they would bring this back specifically because park admission is not something they like to just give away with today's management style. Sure they could offer a discount or something but I don't see them giving free park entry ever again.

I can see it being offered again if the entries continue to decline. The $100 they give to a runner is easily outweighed by the extra room night, food, etc., people would end up spending money on.

Glad I asked. My assumption was wrong.

I can see it being offered again if the entries continue to decline. The $100 they give to a runner is easily outweighed by the extra room night, food, etc., people would end up spending money on.
Yeah, and I mean - they even lowered registration costs for some of the races (looking at you, Star Wars Dark Side) and I never thought they'd do that. I know runDisney isn't the same as park operations, but that to me shows that they're taking notice that sales aren't as quick as they used to be. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter