I laughed at this report

paul16451

Earning My Ears
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris...orld_b_6261760.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

I couldn't help but think this person was either a bit whiny or wasn't willing to make any kind of effort at all to resolve her issues. Or both.

First, she talks about the magic bands. It wasn't hers that had the issue, it was someone else's. And someone waiting three hours at the laundry room...really? That person with the laundry load was either highly exaggerating or couldn't be bothered to make a call after waiting 10 minutes, along with many subsequent calls? Or have someone else make a call for her? (with a sack that big, I'm fairly certain she wasn't traveling alone). In any event, why does someone else's problem have to ruin YOUR vacation?

Then it's the crowds...or more specifically, show crowds. First of all, I do NOT see the implication that you need to squeeze into rows uncomfortably. Many of the shows have individual seats, for one thing, and for those that do not, it's no big deal to ask the person next to you to give you a little more space if you need it. I saw many shows on my October trip and never once felt the cramping she talks about. And if she really is that claustrophobic, it's a simple matter to let people go into the row ahead of you to the center so you can grab an end seat.

And the spontaneity thing, another huge hole in the story. She said they were hungry but elected to use a TestTrack Fast Pass before eating, and then the kids melted down "later in the day while standing in line for a Meet and Greet." I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a ride when I have a Fast Pass, and often even less. The entire ordeal could not have taken more than half an hour. Why did they not stop to eat immediately after the Test Track ride was over, instead of opting to go to the character line where the meltdown happened? At the very least, they surely could have grabbed a quick snack to tide them over...plenty of places around the park to do so, even if it meant one person left the rest of them for a bit.

The "stressed", sorry, but that's your own fault. If you miss something on your schedule, you don't need to freak out about it...simply choose something else to enjoy. That's the beauty of Disney...you can never be bored and there's always something fun to see. If you find yourself "on the opposite end of the park", you can easily go somewhere closer that can be just as fun.

And the germs on the touch-screen...really?? Give me a break!! Do you REALLY think that there are more germs there now than there have been in the past 40 years since the park has been open? What about all those ropes and chains you likely are constantly touching as you wind through the line? How about everyone you bump into as you go through the park? How about the pull-bars that everyone else has touched? What about money you receive in change every time you buy something, that probably has a LOT more germs. Oh, and failing all of that, you can always choose NOT to touch the screens if you're such a hypochondriac.

It seems this writer really went out of her way to not enjoy herself on that trip.

:rotfl2::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter