I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny ... and good catch! I read thru all that and never even noticed

We've sailed on Princess several times in the Caribbean, and enjoy Princess as compared to other lines we've sailed (DCL, Carnival, and Cunard). Of course DCL and Cunard are not comparing apples to apples.

But I wanted to point out that friends of ours have 100 shares of Carnival stock, which gives them a discount or room credit (?), above and beyond whatever deals you can get. Works for any line Carnival owns, including Princess. Thought this might be appropriate for this group.

Edit: Here it is $250 onboard credit: https://www.cruisecompete.com/shareholderbenefits.php

Wow thank you much appreciated!!

Yes. Doing the Oasis. Was on the Allure when it first came out. So awhile ago. Oasis is going on a 2 month dry dock in the fall. Can’t wait to see what upgrades they do. Also can’t wait to see the new Coco Cay.

I didn't even know you could use UR's for a cruise!

How many did it cost you?

Cyndi Lou is correct that you can take Advil or Aleve when taking Vicodin or Hydrocodone. Those pain meds contain Tylenol, therefore you don not take additional Tylenol with those meds. Best to check with MD whether or not they like their patient’s taking NSAIDS postoperative. Also, talk with MD about any precautions regarding blood clots and air travel.
Best thing is ice and elevation at the end of the day.
I agree that the wheel chair is a much better idea that the ECV. WE rented one for an evening for my DH after ankle surgery. He hated being so low and the crowds were so unforgiving to ECV’s!

Yep. The original post made me think that the original post was saying the opposite and I wanted to clarify it all. And yeah, I've had doctors telling me to take it after surgery as well as one telling me not to. Guess it depends on the surgery (and maybe the doctor). I can't stand the opioids, so Advil was a lifesaver for me after surgery. And ice is also so, so helpful.

Yep, as I said check with Dr. But my ortho surgeon was disappointed I couldn’t take NSAIDS post op (not immediately post op) because it would help with inflammation.

Yes. I've been told different things at different times. I'm sorry you can't take Advil since Tylenol doesn't help with the inflammation.

Last edited:
Bank of America Alaska 40,000 Miles + $100 Statement Credit Offer: (Apparently a new best offer)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-alaska-40000-miles-100-statement-credit/

40,000 Miles + $100 statement credit after purchases of $2,000. Annual Fee of $75 not waived the first year. You also get some sort of companion fare that you pay $121 for to use (don't mind me...I just don't understand airlines other than Southwest!)

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/consumer/#/welcome/

Anybody who understands anything about Alaska Air please chime in - also anybody who understands BoA too. I have banned BoA from my household after their previous shenanigans towards reputably churners such as myself...:lmao:

My husband and I both have this card. I generally like it although when we signed up we just paid the taxes on companion fare.,,I think.
This was a couple years ago and I only signed up because I was in Virgin America reward program. When Alaska bought them out i was
bombarded with emails to get the card.

All was well until they devalued it some. Mainly no free changes outside 60 days....grrrr Also no direct flight LAX to Orlando.

I will say their point system is great. Their free layover flying from different towns in Alaska is great or using 5K points.
Also free bags up to 6 on your ticket is good. That being said I still might cancel it and concentrate on JetBlue. Alaska flights
are limited.

I'll spare the gross details, but I'm still a bit disturbed and it's been over an hour. We'll just say one/all 3? of our crows grossed me out tonight with what was left next to and in our two bird baths. I thought what I cleaned up next to the empty one was bad enough to warrant Mom buying me lunch Sunday (she's not home this week) but after I had recovered from that and was finishing watering the flowers I found some other stuff floating in the other bird bath. Since I'd already thrown one old hand shovel out and this part grossed me out even more I called and told her she was going to have to deal with it on Sunday because it was worth far more than just lunch.

I don't care how strong of a woman you are, there are just some things no one should have to clean up regardless of gender and would be a good reason to have a guy around that can handle it. I did call a friend to help with moral support while I took care of it since Mom wasn't answering.

I did this with NCL and it was super easy. You have 60 days with RCCL to transfer and you must not have paid in full. On NCL i was still able to make on board bookings via their website and plan excursions. I’ve always booked though a travel agent so didn’t notice any difference.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/direct-booking-transfer
And if you book with NCL you have 30 days to transfer.

This is a good point. In my case, I teach Excel certification (MOS) courses so I spend a lot of time in Excel and Google Sheets. I'd prefer to not re-invent a wheel that's done pretty well, but I did modify it to meet my needs. And I keep a folder of screenshots and application-related details, so I don't have a need for that on my spreadsheet.

And on the other end of the spectrum, a lot of people are fairly intimidated by spreadsheets and may not have the time/inclination to learn how to do some of the fancy calculations that make spreadsheets useful. A nice template gives them "low floor" for tracking their details without the steep learning curve. The teacher in me wants them to build it themselves, but some users just won't.
I am clueless with Excel. I MIGHT be able to use a template but would NEVER create my own.

Bank of America Alaska 40,000 Miles + $100 Statement Credit Offer: (Apparently a new best offer)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-alaska-40000-miles-100-statement-credit/

40,000 Miles + $100 statement credit after purchases of $2,000. Annual Fee of $75 not waived the first year. You also get some sort of companion fare that you pay $121 for to use (don't mind me...I just don't understand airlines other than Southwest!)

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/consumer/#/welcome/

Anybody who understands anything about Alaska Air please chime in - also anybody who understands BoA too. I have banned BoA from my household after their previous shenanigans towards reputably churners such as myself...:lmao:
You book your ticket at regular priced fare (don't know the proper coding, but NOT a low cost fare) add your companion and pay $99 plus taxes and fees of $22 for the second ticket. It will not work for First Class and I haven't used one since AS changed their product, adding on a saver option. For my purposes of domestic flights I can usually find a sale for both of us that is cheaper than using the pass. Now I'm sure @calypso726 has better luck with her redemptions!

My husband and I both have this card. I generally like it although when we signed up we just paid the taxes on companion fare.,,I think.
This was a couple years ago and I only signed up because I was in Virgin America reward program. When Alaska bought them out i was
bombarded with emails to get the card.

All was well until they devalued it some. Mainly no free changes outside 60 days....grrrr Also no direct flight LAX to Orlando.

I will say their point system is great. Their free layover flying from different towns in Alaska is great or using 5K points.
Also free bags up to 6 on your ticket is good. That being said I still might cancel it and concentrate on JetBlue. Alaska flights
are limited.

They still offer the free companion with some offers, it just depends. The companion pass is an annual thing with the card for the $121 with taxes so I don't know why it gets touted much over when they offer the just pay taxes one as part of the sign up bonus. (Yes I just did that :D)

I can see where the no charge for the change would be annoying but I don't see it as a devaulation because my miles are still buying me the same flights as they were before for the same amount. If I'm lucky it's 12k miles 1 way SEA to MCO, if not it's 20k which is the same as before.

Yep, as I said check with Dr. But my ortho surgeon was disappointed I couldn’t take NSAIDS post op (not immediately post op) because it would help with inflammation.

What an unfortunate last name your doctor has :D

Reminds me of Butt Drugs (a real drugstore). I suspect they make more money selling online logo swag these days, than in-store sales

@havaneselover Since you are going at a really busy time, I would purchase any must see shows before arriving. We usually visit for Spring Break or during the Summer and purchase tickets for one must see show before arriving. We then go to the actual box office to purchase tickets for the other nights. We paid $35 to see Something Rotten (box seats). Waitress box seats cost about $80, but our youngest really wanted to see it. There are also cheap seats for Phantom, but there are in the last 2 rows in the theater and really high up. We have also won tickets through the lottery, but it would be tough on a busy weekend. We have only bought tickets from TKTS once and I wasn't impressed. Our tickets for Phantom were around $80 and we were under the overhang and couldn't see the chandelier drop. I know others that bought from TKTS and got great seats. Hope you have an awesome trip!! (We also have a havanese!)

I got a lovely offer from Plastiq that if I spend $100,000 for 6 months in a row they'll lower my fee from 2.5% to 2%

Soooo.. If anyone here is casually chatting on a Disboards forum about ways to save money but also insanely wealthy -- plastiq has a deal for you.

Right, so I got that too, but the weird thing is that I have talked to them before about discounts for high volume of spend and I swear the threshold was $250k quarterly, and that once you spent that you got a discount/refund on fees for the quarter. So this offer baffles me. (I’m not currently spending 100K a month or 250k a quarter anyway just FYI!)

They still offer the free companion with some offers, it just depends. The companion pass is an annual thing with the card for the $121 with taxes so I don't know why it gets touted much over when they offer the just pay taxes one as part of the sign up bonus. (Yes I just did that :D)

I can see where the no charge for the change would be annoying but I don't see it as a devaulation because my miles are still buying me the same flights as they were before for the same amount. If I'm lucky it's 12k miles 1 way SEA to MCO, if not it's 20k which is the same as before.
I just saw the signature for your name. What a great Paris trip report. It was very detailed and thorough.
Going to London in October for a Wedding and will stay a few days in Paris before. I hope that is enough. Was
the train system easy to navigate? I will prob ask you some questions in the Paris forum closer to our date because
France makes me very nervous about going because i speak 0 french lol

Interesting article about proposed financial reform that could have initially minor (and potentially long term major) affects on the churning game we love:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2019/05/09/bernie-sanders-and-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-have-proposed-to-end-credit-cards-as-we-know-them/

I think this is a pretty well written article presenting some facts showing how this may not achieve the desired result (regardless of how we may feel about the intentions of the proposal) - we probably should avoid having a political discussion here though but I figure people might appreciate the read :)

This article is wrong in so many ways. The only thing I will say is Amex manages to make most of their money from swipe fees and not interest charges (I guess because most of their customers are a higher class and don’t carry credit card debt) but I have no problem with their rewards structure.

I'll spare the gross details, but I'm still a bit disturbed and it's been over an hour. We'll just say one/all 3? of our crows grossed me out tonight with what was left next to and in our two bird baths. I thought what I cleaned up next to the empty one was bad enough to warrant Mom buying me lunch Sunday (she's not home this week) but after I had recovered from that and was finishing watering the flowers I found some other stuff floating in the other bird bath. Since I'd already thrown one old hand shovel out and this part grossed me out even more I called and told her she was going to have to deal with it on Sunday because it was worth far more than just lunch.

I don't care how strong of a woman you are, there are just some things no one should have to clean up regardless of gender and would be a good reason to have a guy around that can handle it. I did call a friend to help with moral support while I took care of it since Mom wasn't answering.

Pictures? Now you have me curious.

This will never happen.

I would largely agree with this statement.

It almost can’t happen. Not sure if most will truly understand the consequences of banks shutting down the extension of credit until it happens (which it won’t, but speaking in hypotheticals). Like any business, banks are around to make a profit, and if it’s make no money or lose money, opt for the former.

People got a taste of liquidity collapsing in ‘08, but I’m not sure that was scratching the surface just yet either.

This article is wrong in so many ways. The only thing I will say is Amex manages to make most of their money from swipe fees and not interest charges (I guess because most of their customers are a higher class and don’t carry credit card debt) but I have no problem with their rewards structure.
What do you think is wrong in the article?

Barclay Aviator Red (PERSONAL CARD) - New Bonus:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/banking/cards/aadvantage-aviator-red-world-elite-mastercard/

I seem to recall the bonus here recently was 60k after 1 purchase...it has now changed to the following:
  • Earn 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after making your first purchase in the first 90 days
  • Earn an introductory Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after making your first purchase in the first 90 days
So you earn both of these items after making 1 Purchase (and paying your $99 annual fee). This is probably a better deal for those chasing AA for flights and a worse deal for those chasing AA for Disney hotels, or just hotels in general.

Either way this is a personal card and I know a lot of us under 5/24 aren't doing personal cards on the train. AND with Barclays sensitivities to accounts and inquiries those over 5/24 may want to pass on this too... So uhhh maybe this card isn't for anybody??? :P HAHA! :rotfl2:
Definitely a hard pass for me! Or should I go for it for dh and see if he can get in on the personal side lol!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter