I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. They are insisting that they didn't do anything wrong. And hope I fly with them again. Um... I don't think so. I don't have followers on Twitter so I'm guessing they'll just ignore me since my tweets don't go far.

If my DH put in his work email and it didn't work, does that mean we can't get this? I'd love globalist status, so asked him to follow the instructions, but it doesn't seem to be working. We are both exhausted from our long and awful flight last night, though, so there may be some user error here.

United did this to us when DD's were 4 and 8 flying from MCO to PDX. They reassigned both girls, myself, and my husband on middle seats at random throughout the plane and gave zero cares that it happened. I can handle not being with our friends that we booked with, or next to DH, but there WILL be a parent next to my little girls for a cross country flight.
It wasn't just that they did it but multiple CS reps on the phone and every agent I encountered in person was basically like 'sucks to be you!' which is why they are on my "nope not ever" list.

@CyndiLouWho not that I want to add on but first news story was another float plane accident south of Ketchikan this afternoon. 3 people dead. It was one of the companies from the last one that starts with a T. Just the one plane, didn't say why. Last I saw you post you were I think trying to cancel but I hadn't seen an update. Figured you'd want to know.

I’m amazed you notice this. I vaguely know what LP looks like but looked at a VV website for 2 seconds and wouldn’t notice either on the street. I do notice Hunter (or maybe off brand lol) boots and Uggs because I’m always amazed they are fashion statements. Rain boots are (were?) a big thing here. Women wearing them with pants, skirts or shorts. Interestingly, very rainy this year and I haven’t noticed them as much. Must be out now. I am so far removed from fashionable I have no idea.

Hunter boots still seem to be pretty popular here, especially with the ladies. We had a really wet winter, and I saw a lot of Hunter boots out.

@CyndiLouWho not that I want to add on but first news story was another float plane accident south of Ketchikan this afternoon. 3 people dead. It was one of the companies from the last one that starts with a T. Just the one plane, didn't say why. Last I saw you post you were I think trying to cancel but I hadn't seen an update. Figured you'd want to know.
I had already decided not to go, but this reinforces my decision. My understanding is Disney excursions with that company this week were canceled. I booked another excursion, paying full DCL prices, ouch. I tried to cancel but since it was booked with DHs card, he has to call and he’s been ‘too busy.’

I am so lost on this whole conversation... I'm not looking for anybody to explain it to me, all I know is it seems Target(??) was carrying something new and it got a lot of people excited for various reasons... I'm not sure if it's clothes, or purses, or home goods... Based on the name I thought it was wine initially so I completely tuned out on it... Carry on though, as long as it makes you guys happy lol!

No reason our benevolent dictator should be kept in the dark on the subject!

Target does luxury designer/brand collaborations from time to time. Items can include apparel, accessories, pet items, home decor, etc. Sometimes the collaborations are extremely popular like Missoni (2011) or sometimes a bunch of the stuff gets returned or ends up clearance like the Neiman Marcus line (2012). The latest was Vineyard Vines which is a preppy style with a pink whale logo. If you've ever been at YC or GF you will 100% have seen people wearing it or buying it in the gift shops. Same with Lilly Pulitzer which has lots of colorful floral/nautical patterns (also a Target line from 2015)

Last edited:
I am so lost on this whole conversation... I'm not looking for anybody to explain it to me, all I know is it seems Target(??) was carrying something new and it got a lot of people excited for various reasons... I'm not sure if it's clothes, or purses, or home goods... Based on the name I thought it was wine initially so I completely tuned out on it... Carry on though, as long as it makes you guys happy lol!
I’m right there with ya. I had no idea what that conversation was about. We don’t shop at target ever so I just kind of skimmed over those

I thought the VV brand was wine also until a few months back when quite a few here were excited about a VV offer on Amex cards. I realized from the chatter it was clothing so I googled the line. Way too $$ for me. Then when dh and I were at BC, I found it’s sold in the shops there and it really is super cute but still too $$ for me. Target collaborated with VV to sell some items at lower prices but many of the items sold out within mins of the stores opening.

No reason our benevolent dictator should be kept in the dark on the subject!

Target does luxury designer/brand collaborations from time to time. Items can include apparel, accessories, pet items, home decor, etc. Sometimes the collaborations are extremely popular like Missoni (2011) or sometimes a bunch of the stuff gets returned or ends up clearance like the Neiman Marcus line (2012). The latest was Vineyard Vines which is a preppy style with a pink whale logo. If you've ever been at YC or GF you will 100% have seen people wearing it or buying it in the gift shops. Same with Lilly Pulitzer which has lots of colorful floral/nautical patterns (also a Target line from 2015)

I thought the VV brand was wine also until a few months back when quite a few here were excited about a VV offer on Amex cards. I realized from the chatter it was clothing so I googled the line. Way too $$ for me. Then when dh and I were at BC, I found it’s sold in the shops there and it really is super cute but still too $$ for me. Target collaborated with VV to sell some items at lower prices but many of the items sold out within mins of the stores opening.
31hlx4.jpg

For those of you that like to picture me as an old man... I'd prefer you picture me as Carl Fredricksen... I definitely have a little "angry old man churner" inside me :) Hopefully this is a much better mental image than some of the previous actual images I shared which sparked a shortage of eye bleach...

Woke up this morning to a cancelled flight due to weather. Actually got picked up at 6am from Boardwalk and was at Caribbean beach picking up more people on magical express when I got the cancellation texts. Hopped off and Ubered back to Boardwalk for some sleep (we did DVC Epcot party last night until 1am).

Got the option to fly out super late tonight on two separate flights or anytime tomorrow.

Breakfasts at Bon Voyage today and Supercalicragalistic tomorrow and a steak dinner at STK while sipping on some cocktails at the pool at the Floridian compliments of my CSR?

Tough decision.

Slightly off topic. I’ve been a Hilton Honors member for a few years. Less than 1 stay per year and I don’t have a Co-Branded card. I did just book 2 rooms at the Waldorf Astoria in Vegas on Saturday under my account. This morning I received an email saying I was upgraded to Gold status. Does anyone know if they have a loyalty match (like Hyatt / M life) that may have triggered the upgrade? Just can’t think why else I would get it.

I was planning to request status match using my IHG Platinum but didn’t get around to it yet.

Just trying to figure out how I got Gold so I can try and get that for DH and friends from UK.

Oh my goodness, I’m so irritated with this winter that won’t end! We are down in CO Springs and it’s snowing so hard we can’t even see out the windows. 5-8 inches tonight :(

Awww.....it would be nice to have a happy medium. It appears we've had our 2 days of spring (local joke) and summer is here as it hit 90 yesterday in my area and the humidity was so thick my lawn guy left without finishing. Hopefully he'll be back today.

And just checked the weather and we are going to have lovely 60-70ties weather today. From one extreme to the other.

For those of you that like to picture me as an old man... I'd prefer you picture me as Carl Fredricksen... I definitely have a little "angry old man churner" inside me :) Hopefully this is a much better mental image than some of the previous actual images I shared which sparked a shortage of eye bleach...

I always assumed @Lain was a man. but am now second guessing that. He/she knows way too much about fashion than any man I know. But then @PolyRob chimed in, who I also thought was a man. Hmmmmmm Maybe there are men that know about these things. Maybe it is my fault that DH doesn't know about fashion, as I am not a fashionista person at all either. I am definitely too cheap to be a fashion conscience person. lol I definitely learn a lot from this thread about all kinds of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter