I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see this one and it looks amazing but it's not on the Chase portal. How can I book it with URs?

AFAIK, it’s not part of any loyalty program and I’m not aware that it’s on any travel portal.

You’d need to book directly (preferably with a card that earns a high bonus on travel like 3x on the CSR/CIP or a new card you’re working on meeting MSR), then cash out URs at 1 cpp to reimburse yourself.

My wife had Allbirds before her Rothy’s. She still has them and wears them when she doesn’t want to get her Rothy’s dirty. (Although, like @LuckyMamaInDE said, they’re really easy to clean and they’re all holding up well). She says the Rothy’s (especially the loafer style) are the most comfortable shoes she’s ever worn, even more so than the Allbirds. Rothy’s are pretty expensive, but she swears they’re totally worth it. (But 6 pairs in different colors? :rolleyes:) Upside is Rothy’s pays out 5% on Ebates, and she wears Rothy’s so often that she’s basically a walking advertisement for Rothy’s at work and she’s earned support clicks from quite a few of her co-workers.

Speaking of advertisement @mmmears, you’re totally right that Rothy’s social media advertising is scarily pervasive and effective!
Wait $125 plus to wear recycled bottles? I think I am sticking with my MK and WHBM heels.

I think conventional wisdom is June, but we are here now and it is fairly busy. More importantly if is HOT. Which is fine but makes crowds seem much worse. I would do November.

Penciled in WDW Thanksgiving 2020 on my spreadsheet. :) Put in a timeshare exchange request from our Wyndham to any WDW DVC. Sarasota Springs comes up fairly often, though I'm not sure how hard to get Thanksgiving week is. If I get SSR I'll count myself lucky, and if I get anything else I'll feel like I won the lottery, lol. Need to think about a backup plan too.

I keep looking at these and the Allbirds. See great reviews on both of them, but I just can't pull the trigger. Sometimes I really hate my cheapskate self. lol My friend tries to tell me I am spending more by buying many shoes that eventually hurt my feet, but I just have to push myself over that price. Maybe soon. Let me know if there is an AMEX offer or great Ebates deal, because I can convince myself of almost anything if I think I am getting a good deal, even if it is still pricey.

I was the same way! My dh was like, just order the gosh-darned things since you have birthday money!! So, I did :-) Can't help with AMEX offers but you might check DISChurners.

I'm with you. I keep looking at Rothy's. I'm really in love with the blue Moroccan pattern flats. Which is why my personal spending money balance in our budget is about to hit $350 lol. Pretty sure there is still Christmas/Birthday money in there.

Right now, I spend $60 to $70 on the Born flats that I like...

I donated my Born flats :D

Wait $125 plus to wear recycled bottles? I think I am sticking with my MK and WHBM heels.

I can't wear regular heels (just boots) any more without pain on the outside of my left foot :sad: I still haven't managed to let go of my favorites, like the candy apple red tstraps :sad1:

Glad things are going well!

Why do people have to try so many times? I think I missed the earlier conversation
she just turned 7. apparently kids are coming in and as soon as they get the gas nose piece on they take it off and have a fit. They put the gas on then wait 15 min before giving them numbing gel, wait 5 min and then give the needles.

She did excellent for her age. She is strong which is good and bad a times. had to talk her into pain meds today before school.

You’re not literally wearing recycle bottles. Rothy’s takes plastic that’s recycled from bottles and weaves it into synthetic thread and eventually into shoes. The plastic gives these shoes amazing flex that makes them super comfortable and durability. Of course, I haven’t tried them on personally, but I’ll take my wife’s word for it. While they are pricey — and I would never tell you how to spend your money — I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that they probably spend a lot on advertising and have incurred high startup costs to build an environmentally friendly business model. Rothy’s has earned a lot of praise for pioneering sustainable fashion, and a lot of major apparel brands are following the movement of adding recycled plastics to their products.

Is it the blue/white dress sleeveless with the ruffle top and sailboat pattern? I got that one also and am torn whether I am keeping it or not. But I'm only 5' 3'' so it has plenty of length just can't decide how much I like it. DS's swim trunks look nice although he wasn't thrilled with the whales all over them. I was completely surprised the XL (size 16) fit him since he is only 12. Pretty sure I'll be returning the size 14 pants from RL that I just ordered since he has grown a 1/2 " in less than a month and doesn't need the pants for 3 months.

It's the navy blue / white check print dress. I bought the solid white dress with the navy belt, but ended up returning it because the waist was a bit high and I got a dress on Lulu that I like better. I am unsure about the checkered dress because it's quite short on me. Looks like I may have forgotten to wear leggings with it or something lol. Being tall I am used to that, but not sure someone my age should be wearing a dress that short, even if I can pull it off (I have an athletic build {I am super athletic lol} build). Decisions, decisions.

You’re not literally wearing recycle bottles. Rothy’s takes plastic that’s recycled from bottles and weaves it into synthetic thread and eventually into shoes. The plastic gives these shoes amazing flex that makes them super comfortable and durability. Of course, I haven’t tried them on personally, but I’ll take my wife’s word for it. While they are pricey — and I would never tell you how to spend your money — I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that they probably spend a lot on advertising and have incurred high startup costs to build an environmentally friendly business model. Rothy’s has earned a lot of praise for pioneering sustainable fashion, and a lot of major apparel brands are following the movement of adding recycled plastics to their products.

Well thanks for sending me to their website :-)! They are super cute -- I love the white sneakers, but they don't have my size. I'd love to try a pair of flats!

Lol. You can save $20 on your first order if you click through a support link and activate Ebates for 5% cash back. Unfortunately, I’ve never seen Rothy’s have a sale.

I'm guessing they probably have no reason to run a sale after Meghan Markle was spotted wearing them...

That was actually how I heard about them first! I can't bring myself to spend that much on shoes other than horseback riding boots though, so I'm still in my year old Target $14.99 flats lol.

The shoes are incredibly flexible so they fit smoothly against your feet. The soles are also flexible yet have enough grip that I haven't slipped on the slick pavement sections in MK and at Disney Springs, plus I've been able to walk on gravely roads without feeling like my feet are being constantly poked.

Well thanks for sending me to their website :-)! They are super cute -- I love the white sneakers, but they don't have my size. I'd love to try a pair of flats!

I started with the regular flats, then got a pair of the points and then sneakers :) I did go up a half size in the points as was recommended and also in the sneakers (I have a high instep that doesn't normally do well with loafer-style shoes).

:offtopic: just got an e-mail that the last batch of points dh (I) purchased (on his account) transferred over to my Hilton Honors account. Was able to login in and book the night of April 4th on points! We will now have 6 full days at the Waldorf Astoria in the Maldives, which I think is perfect (even though I'm not a beach person). I think the cash price was a few hundred dollars (under $1,000.00 for sure) for the points I had to purchase to get the last 2 nights. Totally worth it though, given that a room is almost $2,700 / night (mind you that is for a 2,500 square foot villa on the beach with a private pool).

Any recommendations on whether it is worth paying a cash upgrade to stay in an over water bungalow? Part of me wants to, but I know that I will never swim off the deck outside of our villa (I will only go in the ocean up to my knees, maybe thighs). Sure it's cool that there is a glass floor in the closet, but not sure that would be worth the extra money. I think I am happy with walking from our villa to the beach and back. Any thoughts? I am not keen on split stays because once I unpack I don't want to pack / unpack again (I have been known to over pack :rolleyes1:rolleyes1)!

I've got an AMEX Plat Uber credit question. Typically I buy Uber GCs and load them to my account, and I was trying to figure out how the credit played into that. This is all I'm having luck finding, a comment from Doc:

I have Uber gift cards and the “Amex Premium” in my Uber cash. I guess I’m lucky that my rides so far have taken from the Amex credit before gift cards. Haven’t done anything special and wish I knew how to help you guys, but just letting you know it’s possible.

Does anyone else have experience with this to confirm? I'd be really annoyed if we did get a Plat but me having a $58 balance in there right now meant I missed an AMEX credit, ya know?

You just add your Amex Plat to the Uber app, and your monthly credit ($15/month, $30 in December) should deposit automatically on the 1st of each month. The Amex Plat monthly credit and Uber GCs, and any local offer credits, get loaded into "Uber Cash." You need to select payment with Uber Cash when hailing a ride, or the app will charge your default credit card. IME, Uber Cash deducts from the Plat credits first, then Uber GCs, then any credits from Visa local offers.

ETA: Note that the Uber credit is on the personal Platinums only, not on the Biz Plat.

Just confirming my experience has been the same as Lain's. In fact, I just returned from a trip to the Bay Area to visit my Dad. I Ubered from OAK to his house and, for the first time, the Uber app actually told me that my Amex credit had been used as part of the Uber Cash used to pay the fare. I could always figure out that it got used first before, but it is nice to have the app actually confirm it. Also, for the return trip to OAK, I ordered an Uber the day before to arrive at a particular time. The last time I had done this, the app told me that I couldn't use Uber Cash for a pre-arranged pick-up and that I would have to use the cc in the app (which is my CIP). This time, I didn't get that same "disclaimer," and my Uber Cash was used for that ride too. Glad to see some of these user-friendly updates.

In other news, this Bay Area trip officially completed my second round trip on SW since getting the A-List promo, and I see that my A-List status has now been extended until the end of the year (from the May 31 promo end date)! I was glad to see that status update because I book all of my SW flights as one-ways, and I wasn't sure if two matching one-ways would qualify as a round-trip for purposes of the promo. I was hoping they would and they did :)

AFAIK, it’s not part of any loyalty program and I’m not aware that it’s on any travel portal.

You’d need to book directly (preferably with a card that earns a high bonus on travel like 3x on the CSR/CIP or a new card you’re working on meeting MSR), then cash out URs at 1 cpp to reimburse yourself.
I think we may have to do this. Our flight arrives at 6:40pm and we will be exhausted so it will be nice to be able to walk straight to our hotel without any additional travel. It also makes sense since we are leaving our car in long term at JFK. Considering the Runway View. What a way to end our trip! Thanks for the suggestion.

The quality issues and the ability to actually go to the store and buy something keep me away from the Target promotions. Frankly, I can usually find the real item on sale elsewhere, sometimes for less than the Target prices and without the quality issues. The real Hunter boots last and last. I know because mine are hand-me-ups from my DD who needed a larger size several years ago, and they are still in great shape.

This. I found some Hunter boots for sale on clearance at Nordstrom for less than Target's price during the collaboration. The quality is amazing, and my son is pretty rough with his shoes.

does OAK or SJC have a hotel in them? If so what hotel? trying to see what the options are

As far as I know, none in the actual airports, but there are close-by hotels for both (for OAK, for example, there is a Hilton just across the street from the airport entrance on Heggenberger and several other hotels on that street).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter