I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at purchasing the GoOahu card from Costco. I've done the pricing and it will save us money. The pass is currently $205, just the Ka Moana Luau and an afternoon Makani Catamaran sail totals more than that. Has anyone used it or one from another city?

This will knock out a chunk of my CIP2 spend.
I know this wasn't your question, but do know that the GoOahu Card is on the UR portal? Just want to make sure you know all your options. :-) I've never bought one, but I think if you know that you are going to do the activities they can be a good deal.

Anyone heard about the SW change trick for September? i didnt read through all the pages so im not sure if someone already posted it.
I guess in september, you change change your flight for free within 2 weeks... so you can book a tuesday flight for xx, then move it to leaving on sat, making it cheaper and redeeming for a better value.

not sure why, my guess says it has to do with the 737-Max8 issue again. perhaps someone can take advantage of this.

My flights are in August. There are 4 flights total (x 4 people and 2 CPS lol). SW altered 2 of the flights, rebooking one and added some layover time to another. I got the email about being able to change those flights. Today I discovered I have the 2 week notice on all of my flights. I was attempting to see if my other two had gone down in price, but decided to just leave them as is.

From experience, if you do alter a flight you will get refunded RRs if it's less, but you won't pay more if the price is more. That's how it worked for me on the 2 I altered.

I’d be interested. I never get emails though but SO does

I’ll wait a bit for others to chime in and then start a PM. Hopefully one of us will see it and I’m much more likely to see/hear a text versus an email or FB or whatever. But I’ll be stalking all sites as best I can. I don’t even really think it will work for us as we’re only there Aug 10-16 but we’ll see.

Tks! I'll check the price there. I'm low on URs until the CIP2 bonus posts, but I do have cash set aside for this trip.

I've basically got enough tickets for the rest of my DVC ownership for myself and also a few non expiry that can be used by family.

Up until this big increase I saw ticket increases as what you would expect. I'm just wondering what the next step will be - single day tickets are already really expensive. Will they do away with multi day discounts?

This is the first time that a price hike has really startled me.
Glad to hear I am not the only one who has stock piled tickets. I don’t have enough for the rest of my ownership, but I do have quite a few. After all the latest increase I wish I had bought more!

Upgraded my SW Plus to a Priority last night. No retention offer, but I didn't expect it since it is the end of year two and I got the $35 one last year. I figured until I need to cancel and get another SW card for CP, it was worth keeping a Priority. My AF posted June 1st and my normal 3k anniversary points posted today. Now I am debating if I can send the card with MIL and she can get away with upgrading their boarding on their flight this Saturday... I've been ID'd once and DH has been once, but none of the other times. DH wants to get them early bird check in and if we do I will probably use this $75 credit on that, but I feel like that's almost pointless now other than them not having to check in 3 people separately since they are points bookings.

SM'd to close my SW biz today. Didn't bother to call or anything as I don't need them to put the $100 credit on a 1099 next year, and then I make a dollar here and owe $50 in taxes :P I will take that deal for most cc points, but no thanks for this retention offer :rotfl:

I got a retention offer on my SW plus when I called to cancel it. I didn’t know that would need get a 1099 for it. Maybe I should not have taken it. This was right before the 60,000 sw bonus came out so I ended up canceling my card not long after taking their retention offer.

I'm looking at purchasing the GoOahu card from Costco. I've done the pricing and it will save us money. The pass is currently $205, just the Ka Moana Luau and an afternoon Makani Catamaran sail totals more than that. Has anyone used it or one from another city?

This will knock out a chunk of my CIP2 spend.
I bought the Go Boston cards from Costco a few years ago. It helped me plan our trip and go to things we otherwise wouldn’t have done.
When we went to Aulani, I bought the Entertainment book and did a couple of things from there. One was a catamaran out of the KoOlina marina and a dolphin excursion. We just weren’t going to get the value out of the GoOahu card.

Good to hear! We thought about going a few years ago when we were in San Francisco but just couldn’t bring myself to spend the money if the Brewers weren’t playing! We do enjoy going to Brewers’ away games. Have hit all the ones within an 8 hour drive...hopefully now with this game we can do more. DH has wanted to go to Pittsburgh for quite a while.
We haven't been to PNC Park but heard it's tremendous. It's in our future plans as well. The Brewers obviously play the Pirates a ton, so it should be easy to see them there.

I’ll wait a bit for others to chime in and then start a PM. Hopefully one of us will see it and I’m much more likely to see/hear a text versus an email or FB or whatever. But I’ll be stalking all sites as best I can. I don’t even really think it will work for us as we’re only there Aug 10-16 but we’ll see.
I’d be interested too! I’m versed in Twitter so if people know of the best outfits for breaking Disney news I can follow them & enable immediate notifications. I’ve yet to figure out how one signs up for passholder info and I actively avoid FB but Twitter monitoring I can do! I have WDW Daily News, WDWNT, Chip & Co and WDWMagic so far. I’m gonna be swamped with Disney news for a while lol but I’m really considering a last minute trip to WDW in Aug and this would seal the deal. Also I have the TA emails covered if by some miracle they get notified by WDW first.

I got a retention offer on my SW plus when I called to cancel it. I didn’t know that would need get a 1099 for it. Maybe I should not have taken it. This was right before the 60,000 sw bonus came out so I ended up canceling my card not long after taking their retention offer.
If your retention offers and referrals across all of your chase cards add up to $600 or more, you'll get one. I know I'll get one this year for UR referrals so I dont need them to add a retention offer lol

Not that I can tell, but I only have access to the app right now so Im not sure if it would look different on the computer?

Just checked my old transaction on the app and it doesn't have the Document Type. So yup, needs to be on desktop.

How long days it take to get the referral points? I referred my DH yesterday and his card was approved sometime between 10PM-8AM last night. Does that mean that I should look for the referral points next Tuesday? I know they usually post then it just seems like I couldn't expect them that fast.

My DH's was approved late Thursday night, so the support points didn't show up the next Tuesday. Today is the next, next Tuesday. Maybe yours was early enough in the week to show up next week.

Uh... so I came home to a nice blue envelope from Amex with a complimentary $100 gift card to Johnny Was “in appreciation of [my] Card Membership.”

Thanks Amex?

Free stuff is awesome! Are you going to use it or sell it? 😁

You will only get a 1099 from Chase if you get $600 or more in support bonus or retention offers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter