I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gottalovepluto or anyone else who have done the Chase business checking bonus, were you able to open the account online? Do you just sign up for the account and then request the promo be added after the fact? That seems a little risky, is there a chance they won't attach the promo? The nearest Chase branch to me is about 3 hours away so would much rather do this online, although I have driven to OKC from Wichita twice to open a personal checking for the same bonus amount. It expires 7/1 so I’d have to do it this Sat. Online would be much easier and cheaper so hoping to make that work!
I did mine in person but DoC has comments from people successfully doing it online now. Worst that happens is they say no, you close the account immediately & have to wait 3 months to try again. There are no guarantees in life but this offer comes around fairly frequently.

Also if you were to go to a bank on a Sat you would want to call ahead for an appointment as a business banker needs to help you.

Does Dosh work with Amex? I still have 5% at Kroger and have almost maxed out both of my CFs. Wondering if my Rose Gold will work.
You can link an AmEx. I think it was a little more hit or miss on fast notifications/transaction pickup from what I recall. You may have to wait longer for payout over a V/MC. I have my AmEx linked but haven't used it yet myself.

Busy churning day for me! Besides the unexpected Aspire approval, got 3 new cards in the mail. Barclays Aviator Biz (employer+employee) and Citi AA Biz.

Got the Barclays cards activated, online account set up, and made $5 Amazon reloads on both. Charges went through. Whew~ Set up was wonky. Glad it's been mentioned before so I knew to expect it.

$50 AA GC purchased with the Citi AA Biz. So now I wait to see if it credits before I start working on MSR. Statement doesn't close for 25 days. Feels like an eternity, lol.
I am new to the citi AA biz card. My DH just got his first one. What is the deal with buying a $50 gift card? He signed up with a public offer.

@LuckyMamaInDE we use it for sweeping and mopping the bathrooms (vinyl plank) and then mopping the kitchen (wood). We roomba the kitchen first for dog hair removal. We went with the smaller white braava based on reviews and its fantastic! It went around our kitchen moping for an hour. I couldn’t believe its billed as apartment size. I will say for a super sticky spill we use the steam mop, but routine cleaning and general “where did that come from?!” messes its awesome haha
That's good to know! Almost all of our downstairs is hardwood, but one part (dh's office) only gets mopped twice a year. I do the kitchen, bathroom, and entrance much more often than that :laughing:

I've had my a/c recharged 2-3 times because there's a teeny tiny leak. Haven't needed it yet this year but I should see if it's working. I've had my heat go out twice, same thing both times but not an expensive fix but I can't remember what it was. Most fun is the two times the car won't shift out of park. Putting all this down makes my car sounds awful and I've already knocked on wood, but it's a 2001 and I love my car. Oh wait the most fun was when the power steering went out when I was at lunch, had to call my boss and told him I'd be late so I could drop the car off. Super fun backing out and turning, thankfully there weren't too many turns to get from where I was to the mechanic by work that had a shuttle and they had it fixed by the end of the day. It helps that I'm the only owner of the car so I know everything that's been done.
My power steering went out in high school at soccer practice. I parked my car and they came to fix it while I was practicing lol. Luckily, they fixed it, but I got a new car a year or so later

Another old car(s) owner here. I dread the maintenance bills coming up later this year, but it's still cheaper than buying new cars. And we both do like the cars we have.
My car is definitely gonna have to get replaced soon, which is funny because it's older than Dh's, but currently his is the one malfunctioning. Before we moved, mine was giving us all kinds of trouble though and Dh is always the one that fixes it. He doesn't have any of his big tools here yet to help fix his so I'll just be staying home for awhile with no car. Good thing I bought a pool raft yesterday 😎:sunny:
We had a 2001 Odyssey (which I loved!) but two years ago, the transmission went out for the second time. We'd replaced it once already and the idea of sinking that much money into a 17yo van was just something I couldn't wrap my brain around. So we traded it in for a new Odyssey. BIG mistake. I still miss my old van. I don't like the new one with all the high level tech stuff that I cannot even figure out how to work lol. I really only like the lane change camera and back-up camera. Everything else is just stuff I don't use or need. I wish we'd just replaced the tranny and got another 5 years at least.

We also have a 2005 civic. Love it too! So simple and basic :) You even have to roll down the windows with hand crank :rotfl:
When I get a new car I'm thinking about getting a mini van.

I feel like this has come up on the thread before. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable VPN with a decent price?

Last year I got a 3 yr plan to NordVPN, and went through topcashback (NordVPN is now at 60% cash back) and it cost ~$57 after cash back. I've seen it reviewed favorably by CNET.

P2 just received her AA Biz MC and we are looking to pay our Pennymac mortgage with it via Plastiq. Question: Is anyone else using Plastiq to pay a Pennymac mortgage? If so, which delivery method are you using? Not sure if the "paper check" option is the best one to use or not.

Thanks

P2 just received her AA Biz MC and we are looking to pay our Pennymac mortgage with it via Plastiq. Question: Is anyone else using Plastiq to pay a Pennymac mortgage? If so, which delivery method are you using? Not sure if the "paper check" option is the best one to use or not.

Thanks

Yep, used paper check. It takes a while, so you want to be sure you allow enough time for it to get to your mortgage company.

Edit: sorry, I skimmed over the Pennymac part. I do not have a Pennymac mortgage, but I haven't heard anyone here say there's been a problem with Plastiq for paying (any) mortgages with MCs.

I notice everyone is getting 1% on mastercard payments through plastiq. Is that a promo of some kind or just the way mc is coding now? I have 2 tuitions coming up soon. Might get DH a business citi AA card.

Disneyland is still dead even though you no longer need a reservation to Galaxy's Edge. What is going on? I really wish I just went lol

Is it too early for me to claim I was right and not that many people care about SWGE?
I :love: my Roomba! Her name is Eeeeeeeeeevaaa (you have to say it like Wall-E:rotfl:) How do you like the Braava? What kind of flooring does it clean?

My Roomba is Ruby and my Braava Jet is Pearl (she is white). Ruby and Pearl are a good duo. I prefer Pearl with the damp pads. The wet pads leave streaks on the floor. She is good for using every few days on hardwoods and tile. Then every 60 or so days I drag out the steam mop for a deeper cleaning. Pearl is fine for maintenance and to extend time btwn those deep cleans. She wipes up dog drool etc just fine. I spray any spots of mess (drip of ice cream, etc) with my all-purpose cleaner before I turn her on so they can soak a bit. Well worth the money!

I tried looking on reddit, but didn't see anything about PNC. We need a local bank just to deposit cash in from time to time. We don't need one right away, but it would be nice just in case. We used to always get cash from the band and not sure if that will be a thing down here or not. I noticed a PNC bank close by and have seen you guys talking about it before. Would this be a good local bank to go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter