• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texting DH about the Olympics tickets:

Me: If it doesn't pan out we'll just go to Japan a month or so later and we can do some different stuff.
DH: Yeah, there's plenty to do without the Olympics.
Me: More Disney 😍
DH: Exactly. Why don't you look and see how much it would be to get us to Shanghai since we'll already be nearby and we'll go to Disney there too?

I love this man, y'all, I swear :lovestruc:love:

@Haley R , I'm in the midst of looking for a new bank as well. I have PNC from doing a bank bonus last year and really like them except for their online billpay. Worst one I've seen. All Chase cards are listed as "Chase credit cards", with no option to add nickname that I can see and no address to choose from to make sure you are picking correct one. I just opened a Discover checking because they are completely fee free and used mobile deposit for my paycheck. Deposited 6/21 and they are holding all but $200 of it until July 2nd. They said they will do that for the first 90 days. Not happy about that so for now I'm using PNC.
Thanks! I think we may go with PNC, but not until we actually need to deposit cash.

I'd ask around for using other bank's ATM's to deposit cash. You may just be able to use PNC to deposit money into Heritage at the ATM if they're in the same network. Can't hurt to check out the network PNC is using (it'll say it on the ATM somewhere, Allpoint is a big one can't think of the other big one) and ask Heritage if they accept deposits from outside ATM's if they are within the network.

And unless I have a huge influx of cash, like several hundred dollars, I usually just hang on to cash to spend and don't bother depositing. It's how I haven't hit an ATM for spending cash in about a year (at least, could be longer). Since you're not getting paid for the gigs now, it may be rare that you need to deposit a large sum like that so even if there's a small fee to figure out how to get it into the Heritage account, might be worth doing that rather than maintain an account you don't use.
That's a good idea. I'm gonna text them now and see if I get a response. I actually just had to call them yesterday because I was trying to deposit a check and it said it was over the "daily limit" and the check was definitely not over the daily limit.

ETA: They texted back saying only at their branch ATMs. Darn

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is still collecting DPs on this - but P2's Sapphire MDD from end of April was successful and both SUBs have posted. :yay: ......and P2's Jet Blue Biz obtained at the 40k SUB just before they increased the offer to 50k was successfully matched and the bonus 10k points have posted.

Also decided to take the 60,000 MR on offer to upgrade P2s Amex Gold to Plat. She has had the Plat before, so figured the 60k was worth taking.

Anyone here own a pool cleaner? Ours keeps getting stuck on the stairs and it's so annoying. It literally sits there all day cleaning the same spot. I moved it once already today and it ended up back in the same spot

I feel like this has come up on the thread before. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable VPN with a decent price?

I've been happy with PrivateInternetAccess (dot) com for about 2-3 years now. It's the only one I've used, so I can't speak to the competition. The only issue I've ever run into was lack of support on my Raspberry Pi, but that was a couple of years back and may be resolved now. I use it on Windows, Mac, and iOS without problems (and it does support other linux distros, if that's a concern--at the time it just didn't support raspbian)

My dh's truck's a/c went out a couple of years ago and we never fixed it but he manages okay here. Now when his heat went out this past winter, that had to be fixed asap. He actually dropped the truck off today because the coolant is leaking and the tranny fluid is leaking too, but much slower than the coolant leak. Either way, we are having both fixed...to the tune of $1200 :sad: I hate sinking more money into this truck (it's a 2004) but it's cheaper than buying a new car.

We have a 2004 car that I think we are going to plan to replace at the end of the year. It's had two $1,000ish repairs in the past year and while I do think those repairs were the right call, I also think we have more than gotten our money's worth from this car and I don't want to buy something under the pressure of needing a new car right away. I'm hoping for a good end-of-the year deal.

Well I'm trying to look at hotels on disney's website for this weekend and it keeps giving me the something went wrong message.

Last edited:
Texting DH about the Olympics tickets:

Me: If it doesn't pan out we'll just go to Japan a month or so later and we can do some different stuff.
DH: Yeah, there's plenty to do without the Olympics.
Me: More Disney 😍
DH: Exactly. Why don't you look and see how much it would be to get us to Shanghai since we'll already be nearby and we'll go to Disney there too?

I love this man, y'all, I swear :lovestruc:love:

Don't forget about hong kong, it's about the same as shanghai which is why we'll do all 3. Been figuring out how many points I need.

Oh hkdl hotels are on expedia but I haven't looked at UR portal yet. Shanghai's weren't but I only did one set of dates.

Can anyone please check to see if you’re able to generate a CIP referral? I was a bit thirsty today, and DH was going to refer me, but when I put in his information, it says there are no offers available. Wondering if it’s just him or a more wide-spread problem. Thanks!

I am new to the citi AA biz card. My DH just got his first one. What is the deal with buying a $50 gift card? He signed up with a public offer.

It's not my first Citi AA Biz. I used a public link, so there are mixed reports on if the bonus will post or not. Went for the 40k miles and $250 statement credit for AA purchase with the thinking that I'll test it out by seeing if the small gift card purchase credits.

First one for your DH, so no worries! :)

Can anyone please check to see if you’re able to generate a CIP referral? I was a bit thirsty today, and DH was going to refer me, but when I put in his information, it says there are no offers available. Wondering if it’s just him or a more wide-spread problem. Thanks!
Just worked for me. Double check there's no typos in the info entered. The "We are unable to locate any offers for you at this time." comes up if they don't get a match on that. Can also try from the mobile app, in there you RAF from the card itself so you don't have to enter info.

... works for the Citi statement credit, correct? Can I do $250 or do I need to break it? I've been trying to find DPs, but I'm not searching successfully I suppose.

Last edited:
Anyone here own a pool cleaner? Ours keeps getting stuck on the stairs and it's so annoying. It literally sits there all day cleaning the same spot. I moved it once already today and it ended up back in the same spot
Too funny ours just came Sunday. My DH hemmed and hawed and researched. Ended up with the Dolphin Nautilus Plus. On amazon for $750 - so far so good!!!

AA gc works for the Citi statement credit, correct? Can I do $250 or do I need to break it? I've been trying to find DPs, but I'm not searching successfully I suppose.
If it’s your first card I think it’s fine to do the full $250. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. People with card #2 are testing to see if the offer is attached since it’s within the 24 month “rule”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter