• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried withdrawing my serve balance into my bank account and it said it’ll be depositing two small amounts first. How long does this take? I haven’t seen anything
It's the weekend and most banks don't post transactions over the weekend. I'm checking Monday morning to see if mine have posted so I can transfer my funds. I did the setup on Friday.

That’s the trial deposits to make sure it’s your account. It should take a few business days. When you get them you just sign into serve and confirm the amount then you can transfer all the money out.
Okay thanks I’ll look out for them this week. Since it was the weekend that’s probably why I haven’t seen them

I have been on here off and on the past few months trying to learn as much as I can waiting to get out the 5/24 jail, (which my husband should be out in the next 4 weeks for good behavior) and can seriously get into our new hobby to help with our travel addiction! The one thing I am still not sure of is how do you know when its best to "sock drawer" or cancel old credit cards?
Thanks for all the help and mentoring!
Kim

Looking to get back into bank bonuses. Last one was PNC early this year. Has anyone churned PNC bonuses? It doesn't look like the language states must be new customer, just new checking account. Wondering if anyone has done another one after closing their account.

I'll probably go for Wells Fargo first but was wondering.
I have not done any yet, but I keep get offers from Chase for one for $600 to open 2 accounts.

My aunt passed away last night. Shes been battling lung cancer and heart issues for several years. The cancer had spread and shes been in hospice care since March.

My dad is a piece of work. This is one of his sisters. He called my maternal grandfather... so I woke not only to a few messages about my aunt, but also one from my grandpa that was basically like, your dad called, w t f, we're not friends and I have no interest of being a source of info on you for him like he wants. So I told him about aunt. My grandparents were pretty close with this aunt and her family before, so he called my dad back... cause ya know, a decent person thing would probably be to notify him in this situation. But no, my dad was trying to use it as a way to get to me. Shameful.

ETA my grandpa doesnt cuss much in front of me, I was more trying to paraphrase the feeling behind his text
I'm sorry for your loss and for the drama. That stinks.

I have been on here off and on the past few months trying to learn as much as I can waiting to get out the 5/24 jail, (which my husband should be out in the next 4 weeks for good behavior) and can seriously get into our new hobby to help with our travel addiction! The one thing I am still not sure of is how do you know when its best to "sock drawer" or cancel old credit cards?
Kim

I would only cancel if they have an annual fee.

Kim
I cancel cards when it makes sense given my current circumstances. If it has a fee and paying the fee exceeds the benefits I use from the card, I cancel or product change. I think the wisdom about keeping cards indefinitely may be changing. Barclays doesn't seem to like it if you don't put spend on their cards and then apply for another one and neither does Amex. I do have some no-fee cards that I have had for a very long time and even though I don't regularly use them all, they are keepers because they help my credit history.

Planning to switch my reservation for food and wine from Pop to the dolphin for September.

Didn’t someone say there was a place to add their Marriott number? I’m using the useaa miles site, it’s less points.
I never saw a place on the AA site so I called swan directly and added our bonvoy numbers.

Kim

Ah, there are several aspects to this issue. You don't want to close your oldest cards as they add to your 'age of accounts' which can be a factor in approvals.

However, I think it's fairly rare to keep cards that are not being used that have annual fees.

Probably most people start out with cards that don't have annual fees - I don't actually have a study on this.

Different card issuers may require different care levels. It's recommended not to close Amex cards until you've had them at least a year.

But, people are able to close Citi cards as soon as they collect a bonus, and then open a new one in about 3 months.

So, if you list the cards you have and their age (when they were opened) people on here can give you an idea of what you can toss and whether you should sock drawer it.

Also, sock drawer cards should be allowed out to make a small purchase every few months so that the issuer doesn't decide to close them for lack of use, especially the ones that contribute to your age of accounts.

Some cards are just natural keepers because of the card benefits, such as my lovely Rose Gold Amex!

Well I've starting the packing nightmare. I've been dreading this for the 18 months I've been planning my big Europe trip. It's hotter than hades in Italy right now. I've got a laundry bomb all over my house right now basically. Piles of options everywhere. And we just went to the Columbia outlet and spent $200 on new clothes - that omni cool stuff - that packs down to nothing, covers our knees, keeps us from getting burned. :rolleyes:

Then I need to figure out my credit card situation. Normal people have 1 or 2 cards they use everyday and never have to rebuild their wallets. Weirdos like us have to analyze our 27 options before leaving home.

Rest of the family is still asleep so they can’t weigh in. Darn alarm clock in hotel was set for 6am and woke me up. Luckily DH and DD didn’t hear it before I was able to turn it off.

you probably don't need to be reminded the next time you are in a Hotel room to check the alarm clock . one of the things on our Hotel Room Check-in is . Make sure the Alarm Clock is turned-off .

We added a new item to our Check-out List . unplug the Hotel Room Phone . on Check-out Day . the Front Desk does not need to call us and remind us what the check-out time is . yeah we may be a few minutes over the Check-out time . but your Housekeeping is not gonna clean the Room at precisely 11am .

:fish:

Last edited:
Decisions, decisions. Just checked and OKW is available for the last night of our vacation. We currently have Coronado booked as DVC was fully booked.

Getting OKW should allow us to stay in the same room all week but the pool at Coronado looked pretty neat too. OKW would also make it “free” since we have DVC points left.

Rest of the family is still asleep so they can’t weigh in. Darn alarm clock in hotel was set for 6am and woke me up. Luckily DH and DD didn’t hear it before I was able to turn it off.

Edited to add: ended up grabbing OKW and cancelling Coronado. Hopefully less logistics to deal with.
I was going to suggest that. The pool at CSR is nothing special. May as well stick with free.

:offtopic: Does anyone know if Hyatt is Pepsi or Coke? I know Marriott is Pepsi >:(. Hoping Hyatt is Coke. I have a conference there in 2 weeks and hopefully won't have to scout out a convenience store to get a Coke.
. . . if it were me I would call the Hotel and ask . my preferrence is Dr Pepper and Coke if DP is not available .

Wait I may know this . My Resent stay at the Hyatt MCO I drank Pepsi from the Vending Machine . and roughed it till I ventured down to the MCO Stores . the Pepsi was OK not bad actually . I reminded myself to not do a Coke vs Pepsi comparison .

Last edited:
i teared a bit when SPG went to Pepsi because of marriott...
Bonvoyed...

You were not alone...except I had a lot of tears! I've learned to compensate (a bit) since we usually spend a night at the Westin near ATL for positioning flights and buy 3 20oz diet Cokes as we exit the airport. It's an expensive habit but my only vice so I'm okay with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter