I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you’re one of the few with Citi cards, do you have any that earn TY points? Which is most useful? Or none? We have an old Sears Card that now earns TY points. Thinking of getting another card with TY points.
Yeah, I’ll admit I’m old and the hotels on Harbor are a better walk for me. Currently have the Courtyard and Fairfield Inn both booked while I decide.

I’m so sorry you’re having such a hard time. This week was hellish over here too. First week of school, lots of forgotten stuff, preseason soccer camp 3 hours every night plus a tournament this weekend, plus a whole new software/electronic medical record at work which makes charting twice as long. Throw dog training class in there too, which obviously isn’t working as said dog chewed a hole in DSs bedsheet last night. TGIF, sangria time.

Daughter had thank you points. We used them to buy All Clad at Williams Sonoma a few years back. The cash out came in the form of certificates but I'm not sure if that's how they still do it. She only had about $1K's worth.

Last edited:
Has anyone downloaded/used the mobile app to check into their Marriott room? I booked a room for son and girlfriend for tomorrow night and I was considering having him down load the app. I am calling the hotel to have him added to the room.
I tried to, I was able to check-in but I had to go to the desk for my room key. Clerk said because I booked with points I wasn’t eligible for mobile key.

I’m so sorry you’re having such a hard time. This week was hellish over here too. First week of school, lots of forgotten stuff, preseason soccer camp 3 hours every night plus a tournament this weekend, plus a whole new software/electronic medical record at work which makes charting twice as long. Throw dog training class in there too, which obviously isn’t working as said dog chewed a hole in DSs bedsheet last night. TGIF, sangria time.

Amen to this! A week of beginning school, after school activities and work issues has me reaching for an adult beverage too! :drinking1Enjoy your weekend - we'll be at soccer too!

I'm just starting off with my first business card (CIP.) I know that technically you aren't supposed to use a business card for personal expenses, but since I work from home I figured utilities would be safe charges. I'm fairly certain I'll meet the minimum for the SUB with actual business expenses with the added utilities, but I was debating adding the card as my primary card on Amazon for a little insurance that I'll get to the $5000. Is this okay to do? I do buy business supplies off of amazon (but I also buy diapers and other random stuff :rolleyes1 ) I just want to make sure I don't get in trouble. Are there any personal charges to definitely avoid when using a business card? TIA!

The times I've run into this the reasons have been:

1. There was a fraud block on the VGC because I had changed the PIN. I had to call the number on the back of the card to get the block removed, and wait several hours before using it.
2. My Serve was shut down.

Hope #2 is not the case for you since you just got it!

I did change my PIN about 2 hours before using it. Maybe it’s that.

I'm just starting off with my first business card (CIP.) I know that technically you aren't supposed to use a business card for personal expenses, but since I work from home I figured utilities would be safe charges. I'm fairly certain I'll meet the minimum for the SUB with actual business expenses with the added utilities, but I was debating adding the card as my primary card on Amazon for a little insurance that I'll get to the $5000. Is this okay to do? I do buy business supplies off of amazon (but I also buy diapers and other random stuff :rolleyes1 ) I just want to make sure I don't get in trouble. Are there any personal charges to definitely avoid when using a business card? TIA!
There is not a single personal charge you can’t qualify as a business expense. We’ve tried ;) dentist? Benefit. Yard work? Office gardening. Clothes? Work outfits. Disney vacation? Benefit. Kids clothes? Benefits :D If you can’t figure out how it’s a biz expense just call it an employee benefit.

(That warning is more something the government makes them do because business cards don’t have the same consumer protections as consumer cards.)

There is not a single personal charge you can’t qualify as a business expense. We’ve tried ;) dentist? Benefit. Yard work? Office gardening. Clothes? Work outfits. Disney vacation? Benefit. Kids clothes? Benefits :D If you can’t figure out how it’s a biz expense just call it an employee benefit.

(That warning is more something the government makes them do because business cards don’t have the same consumer protections as consumer cards.)
Good to know! I was researching business cards after applying and started thinking I'd have to watch which card I pulled out to pay with carefully. Sounds like I can use it pay for everything until I meet my SUB minimum!

Yeah, I stopped changing the PIN. Now I scribble the numbers on my left hand haha.

Well I called the number on the card and it didn't give any indication of fraud, and my Serve account doesn't show any indication that it's been closed. I reaffirmed my current PIN and also registered my card. Maybe I'll try it in smaller amounts tomorrow if I have time.

New England friends, whats your favorite weekend getaway that would be good for the first weekend in Sept? Friday to Sunday. It can be driving distance or even a quick flight on SW. No kids.

I put all charges on my CIP when I am meeting MSR. Been through 3 CIPs and so far no issues.

I tried to, I was able to check-in but I had to go to the desk for my room key. Clerk said because I booked with points I wasn’t eligible for mobile key.

I won't bother with it for him then. Not worth the extra hassle. I will just give them a call in the morning. I used a free night certificate for him.

This is an embarrassing question, given that it's on the DIS, but it's been 7 years since I've been to WDW and my idea of hacking back then was to get the Disney Visa. :laughing: Do DVC rental brokers count as travel expenses on the CSR? I checked out Flyertalk's dps and didn't see any mention of them.

And can you charge meals to your DVC room and pay the room charges with Disney GCs? Oh my, it's been so long.
I don't have experience with your first question so I can't help there, but I know that you can charge to a DVC room and pay the room charges with Disney GCs. The only downside is the holds they add to the credit card on file. We made payments regularly on the room with gift cards so it wasn't a big deal for us, but I've heard the holds can get excessive (I've read concerns like cards being hit with fraud alerts for multiple holds of the same amount).

Since you’re one of the few with Citi cards, do you have any that earn TY points? Which is most useful? Or none? We have an old Sears Card that now earns TY points. Thinking of getting another card with TY points.

The Citi Premier gets you 1.25x when you use your points for travel. I *think* all TY points get combined? You can get Disney hotels, same price as direct (with the 1.25 multiplier), but only if you call in through the cruise and tours department. I blew through most of my TY points on DLH.

ETA: I should clarify. If the Disney hotel you want doesn't show up in the portal or is some inflated price, then call the cruise and tours department. Not the regular hotel option because they'll just tell you what's on the portal. But if you don't have issues with the portal like I did, then no need to call. I've always had issues with it, so I tend to forget that shouldn't always be the case. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ll admit I’m old and the hotels on Harbor are a better walk for me. Currently have the Courtyard and Fairfield Inn both booked while I decide.

I personally think TY points are great for Disney. Easy to use their booking portal to find WDW hotels and just pay that way. Probably get more value transferring to airlines, but holding TY to burn specifically for Disney makes sense to me. Of course with their signup rules it is much harder to amass a lot of points quickly now. I am considering a TY card for myself actually as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter