I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, twice!
This past December wasn't the best. Weather bad, rough seas, missed CC.
Another time we did Sept and all was well.
Another year we were scheduled eastern but it turned into western because the islands were obliterated by the hurricanes.

I definitely prefer it over the western route and you can do excursions on your own so that is cheaper.
I’m not sure we could even make it work because Dh would have to take more work off but I’ll have to talk it over with him. This cruise is for November 2-9 so I’d think the weather should be decent.

Why do you prefer the eastern over the western?

ETA: Dh already responded and said let’s do it lol. It’s $2962 for a verandah. That seems like a pretty good price to me

I’m not sure we could even make it work because Dh would have to take more work off but I’ll have to talk it over with him. This cruise is for November 2-9 so I’d think the weather should be decent.

Why do you prefer the eastern of the western?
I don't like Mexico.
The eastern is safer ports, IMO. I felt fine going off on our own. Also, the terrain is hilly and gorgeous. And I like that there is an extra sea day to enjoy the ship.

:welcome:
Most of us here start off opening Chase cards every 3 months or so....since the URs ...can be used to book hotels through the UR travel portal, cashed out, transferred to travel partners, etc.

If you are interested in business cards...the Chase Ink Preferred CIP offers 80k URs after a 5k spend...you could open one...meet the spend...then send DH a support link from your CIP...you get 20k URs and he gets the 80k....so after your first 2 cards you have 190k URs

If you want to stick with personal cards....You could send DH a support link from your CSP...you get 15k URs and your DH gets 60k URs after a $4k spend

We also have a private DIS group on reddit with more tips.....you can contact @SouthFayetteFan @Lain or @Albort to join

Thank you!! I'll look into the CIP - is there a reason I need to meet the spend before referring DH?

AA Business Mailers Update:
  • FYI: Codes with a 6/15 date have expired.
  • 8/15 codes are still working and DO NOT contain the 48 month language. These are primarily for the 75k/$5k offer
  • 8/15 codes should work through 10/14.
  • Once those codes expire, for those sourcing mailers somehow, the 10/15 codes contain the following language: American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months. We don't yet have DPs to suggest if this language is enforced or not.
  • Also worth noting, The 10/15 codes are 65k/$4k offer (which isn't bad, but most would prefer the 75k offer, the more miles the merrier!)
Good luck to all of those on the train. If anybody is still playing the public offer only game, please keep providing DPs on whether your bonuses are posting or not.

As a reminder: You can easily see if your miles posted by checking your actual statement on the Citi page. It will clearly show the miles that posted. Those will then "transfer" to your AA account in 1-3 days. The statement is the quickest way to verify if you get your miles :D
I

Last edited:

Thank you!! We're willing to apply for business cards, I do have a part time photography business. Can I apply for more than 1at a time or do I need to wait for each one?

You can apply for a Chase and an Amex at the same time (or other different banks) but space your Chase ones at least 3 months apart. A great first one is the Chase Ink Preferred. Sign up using someone's link, spend $5000 and you get 80,000 URs (there is a $95 fee). Then support your other player to open one and P1 gets 20,000 URs and P2 gets 80,000 URs. Right now people are able to get multiple CIPs under the same name, so possible to wait 3 months and do this same thing again. Remember to use ONLY your First and Last name (no fancy business names) and your SSN as the EIN.

I don't like Mexico.
The eastern is safer ports, IMO. I felt fine going off on our own. Also, the terrain is hilly and gorgeous. And I like that there is an extra sea day to enjoy the ship.
Ah okay I didn’t know the western went to Mexico. I wouldn’t like that either. We were looking at 4 night cruises to the Bahamas but none of them have FL rates right now for November.

Ah okay I didn’t know the western went to Mexico. I wouldn’t like that either. We were looking at 4 night cruises to the Bahamas but none of them have FL rates right now for November.
I thought the 4 nights run over the weekdays too, so it may not be a big difference in time off. I've never done a 3 or 4, personally. 5 of the 7 nighters though...my fave vacations, hands down.

Omg that’s beautiful. Dh hasn’t been anywhere in the Caribbean. I was worried about excursions because of the safety aspect but you made me feel better about that. The main thing will be if Dh can take that time off work

I know all too well about jamaica’s sketchiness lol
Thats why I don't see why we need to go all the way to Maui for a vacation, but I've never been so I am willing to give it a try. It better be pretty amazing to top the short flight to any number of carib islands, though. :rolleyes:

@jennaceleste I was thinking the UR route might work well too, as those Hilton hotels in DS can usually be had on PLE deals and even regular PL deals for quite cheap. If you booked that way, you could cash out a stash of URs to pay for it. Or if you do a couple hilton cards, you could book 5 nights on HH points (5th night free) and the do the UR cashout method for the other nights. Or 10 on HH points (5th and 10th night free) and last 4 on UR cashout. Just a few ideas. I see them in the $100/night range regularly. If you could book that rate on the UR portal and upgrade you CSP to a CSR, that would be even better.
Great info - thank you!! We were looking at the Hilton card last night, and weren't sure if we could apply for 2 Hilton cards at a time since we'd need 250,000 points to book 5 nights in order to get the 5th night free (super annoying rule, why do I need points for 5 nights when I'm only redeeming for 4 nights....)

I thought the 4 nights run over the weekdays too, so it may not be a big difference in time off. I've never done a 3 or 4, personally. 5 of the 7 nighters though...my fave vacations, hands down.
Yep you’re right. The 4 night cruises are during the week so actually it would be the same time off work for Dh. Good point
Me—it’s amazing. Eastern is my favorite.
What do you like about it?

I don't like Mexico.
I totally agree! We did our 7 day with Disney several years ago (pre Dream and Fantasy) to the Western Caribbean but have done several RCCL cruises to the Eastern/Southern. The islands are so beautiful! What ports is your potential trip scheduled to go to? The price seems awesome.

I totally agree! We did our 7 day with Disney several years ago (pre Dream and Fantasy) to the Western Caribbean but have done several RCCL cruises to the Eastern/Southern. The islands are so beautiful! What ports is your potential trip scheduled to go to? The price seems awesome.
The port is port Canaveral which is about a 20 minute drive from us. We would pay for a lyft to get there so we don’t have to leave our car. So that’s a good price?

I loved my meal there. I had the French onion soup for my appetizer and my entree was the beef with linguini. They also brought me a dessert for my birthday and wrote happy birthday in French in chocolate on my plate. Dh said it was just okay but I would love to go back
I had it long ago for lunch. Haven't been back b/c it looked like the meal is gone from the menu...it was French onion soup and a croque monsieur combo. Yum!

Thanks! I'm already eyeing the chocolate cake on the menu...

Great info - thank you!! We were looking at the Hilton card last night, and weren't sure if we could apply for 2 Hilton cards at a time since we'd need 250,000 points to book 5 nights in order to get the 5th night free (super annoying rule, why do I need points for 5 nights when I'm only redeeming for 4 nights....)
Are you sure about that? You should only need the 4 nights worth. That doesn't make sense. I can't test it for you because we always have about a million HH points from DH's travel. Did you log on and try to book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter