I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMEX CHURNING SHOWER THOUGHT...
If I were starting out with AMEX today and wanted to keep a good long term relationship with them...my first two cards would be either a BCE (Blue Cash Everyday) or BCP (Blue Cash Preferred) AND a BBP (Blue Business Plus).
  • The BCE or BCP would earn 3% or 6% on groceries and have ongoing usefulness. BCP has an AF of $95 so I'd only get that one if you planned to keep it and pay the AF long-term. Both have a decent Bonus ($200 or $250 for $1,000 spend)
  • The BBP would start earning MRs at 2x per $. It's also a great card to keep MRs active long term. If has no AF and a decent bonus of 10k MRs.
This would start you off with a good relationship with AMEX and these are cards that have legitimate use for ongoing spend.

The other thing is any one of these cards would enable you to self refer or refer a spouse to ANY other AMEX card.

Just some food for thought...interested to see if others would agree or disagree. This is kind of piggybacking off of @Lain's thoughts earlier this week that it is now hard to recommend people to go for AMEX cards.
Your sharing what you thought about in the shower?:eek::laughing:

Currently obsessing over my WDW ADRs. We’ve never seen Fantasmic, so I thought I’d book a dining package so I did Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at H&V. Now second guessing booking the dessert party instead to save time and $$. Kinda getting sticker shock as DS turns 10 right before our trip, so will now be paying for adult meals x3.
Any opinions on H&V vs Dessert party for Fantasmic?

Currently obsessing over my WDW ADRs. We’ve never seen Fantasmic, so I thought I’d book a dining package so I did Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at H&V. Now second guessing booking the dessert party instead to save time and $$. Kinda getting sticker shock as DS turns 10 right before our trip, so will now be paying for adult meals x3.
When are you going? We never book any packages and always are able to get decent seats for Fantasmic but we go during slightly below avg crowd times.

AMEX CHURNING SHOWER THOUGHT...
If I were starting out with AMEX today and wanted to keep a good long term relationship with them...my first two cards would be either a BCE (Blue Cash Everyday) or BCP (Blue Cash Preferred) AND a BBP (Blue Business Plus).
  • The BCE or BCP would earn 3% or 6% on groceries and have ongoing usefulness. BCP has an AF of $95 so I'd only get that one if you planned to keep it and pay the AF long-term. Both have a decent Bonus ($200 or $250 for $1,000 spend)
  • The BBP would start earning MRs at 2x per $. It's also a great card to keep MRs active long term. If has no AF and a decent bonus of 10k MRs.
This would start you off with a good relationship with AMEX and these are cards that have legitimate use for ongoing spend.

The other thing is any one of these cards would enable you to self refer or refer a spouse to ANY other AMEX card.

Just some food for thought...interested to see if others would agree or disagree. This is kind of piggybacking off of @Lain's thoughts earlier this week that it is now hard to recommend people to go for AMEX cards.

Is BBP 10k bonus only a support link? Not seeing it publicly. I’d be willing to apply for that post-pop up to see if I still get the bonus...

We were able to get a same day fp for fantasmic and it was in the afternoon when we got the fp. We got there early and sat in the front row which I now would not advise because you get wet

This guy wears a hat low so it's almost like you know why he's wearing it. He does have long hair so benefit of the doubt and all but not really. He's only ever here in the morning so if I come after work it's fine and there's lots of people anyway. But it might be the incentive I need to get up earlier and go instead of waiting until I wake up.
Wow he sounds really creepy. I would avoid him at all costs lol

Is BBP 10k bonus only a support link? Not seeing it publicly. I’d be willing to apply for that post-pop up to see if I still get the bonus...
Yeah - that’s the support link offer. I’m not sure there is a public offer on that card.

I have two Chase cards; one average CL and one on the low side, so I think I'll be okay. I also have a Chase checking with Disney debit card. I'm not sure what benefits that gets me on the deb card.

The Disney debit card gives you a lot of the same benefits as the credit card. If I remember correctly, there's a special Disney Character experience in Epcot and a Star wars one in Hollywood Studios. You also get 10% off of souvenir purchases of over $50. I'm pretty sure there's also select dining and recreation discounts. Since you already have the debit card, I see no value to you getting the Disney Visa any time soon when you have so many other possibilities with Chase.

I haven't done the dining package with H&V since 2016, but H&V has held the #1 spot for "worst" meal I have had on WDW property. The characters were adorable, but I could not justify the price for what I ate. :crazy2:

I did the dessert package during the week of Easter last year. I really enjoyed the experience and it did not tie up too much of my HS time. If you do it, just make sure you check-in early. The line seemed to backup fast while they were gathering everyone's packaged desserts/drinks. The boxes were nice and we snacked on them for the next day or two. Adult beverages weren't watered down and you can opt for the non-alcoholic beverage if you would like. I believe Disney has made some changes to whats in the boxes since I last went (I know the real cheese cubes were swapped for babybel cheeses after TSL).

I am aiming to grab a Fantasmic! FP+ on my next trip, but the views from the dining/dessert party areas are unmatched IMO.

So remember when informed delivery wanted to charge me $1 to update? Tried again on a whim again and no charge :confused3 I'll take it!

I am a big fan of the dessert party for saving time, I liked just having it while we would have been waiting for the show anyways.

I am the oddball but we really like the Minnie Dining at H&V. Being a buffet we find it doesn’t take terribly long to eat there. Last trip we just got a FP for Fantasmic since we did the Star Wars dessert party on another night. I would be willing to try the Fantasmic dessert package though.

Wow, this thread is moving even faster than usual! Quick question - can I use a VGC to buy a Disney GC at BJs either in store or online? Trying to decide if I want to drive to Staples or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter