I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic: ...but on topic for @Haley R trip!

Major Lunch and Dinner Menu Changes Made at Kona Cafe, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/photos-lu...disneys-polynesian-village-resorts-kona-cafe/

Also Off Topic, but Hollywood Brown Derby had a "holiday" change when we were there between Christmas and New Year's. Scheduled a lunch so we could try the Wagyu Burger and Shrimp and Grits. They were only serving the dinner menu at lunch and would not let us order those items. Definitely a bummer! Just keep this in mind if you are going during a busy time.

Hmmmm maybe I should try for this...I am almost done with all 3 MSRs I have now and I am back at 5/24 till late March.
Just keep in mind with AMEX you’ll want to meet your MSR methodically with numerous charges and continue using the card beyond the MSR so you don’t get the pop up in the future.

I haven't done the dining package with H&V since 2016, but H&V has held the #1 spot for "worst" meal I have had on WDW property. The characters were adorable, but I could not justify the price for what I ate. :crazy2:

I did the dessert package during the week of Easter last year. I really enjoyed the experience and it did not tie up too much of my HS time. If you do it, just make sure you check-in early. The line seemed to backup fast while they were gathering everyone's packaged desserts/drinks. The boxes were nice and we snacked on them for the next day or two. Adult beverages weren't watered down and you can opt for the non-alcoholic beverage if you would like. I believe Disney has made some changes to whats in the boxes since I last went (I know the real cheese cubes were swapped for babybel cheeses after TSL).

I am aiming to grab a Fantasmic! FP+ on my next trip, but the views from the dining/dessert party areas are unmatched IMO.

I am a big fan of the dessert party for saving time, I liked just having it while we would have been waiting for the show anyways.

I’m convinced. We’ll do the dessert party. I don’t want to use a FP for Fantasmic if I don’t have to.

I am the oddball but we really like the Minnie Dining at H&V. Being a buffet we find it doesn’t take terribly long to eat there. Last trip we just got a FP for Fantasmic since we did the Star Wars dessert party on another night. I would be willing to try the Fantasmic dessert package though.
We had the breakfast buffet in the past, but paying $180for the dinner buffet just makes me hesitate.

Just keep in mind with AMEX you’ll want to meet your MSR methodically with numerous charges and continue using the card beyond the MSR so you don’t get the pop up in the future.
Yeah I know. I think I am about to start burning AMEX bridges when I start canceling AF cards so if this one doesn’t have one I could keep it, and maybe I would be able to get it before those bridges start burning.

Yeah I know. I think I am about to start burning AMEX bridges when I start canceling AF cards so if this one doesn’t have one I could keep it, and maybe I would be able to get it before those bridges start burning.
It really feels so odd to be “cautioning” people now about cards...

Remember back in the day when it was all about just get every card...quickly...no matter what...

I’m convinced. We’ll do the dessert party. I don’t want to use a FP for Fantasmic if I don’t have to.
We had the breakfast buffet in the past, but paying $180for the dinner buffet just makes me hesitate.

As a veteran of many Spring Break WDW campaigns, my advice is to book whatever you really want to do (like Fantasmic) so that you can focus on the stuff you can't book in advance. It's a very busy time in the parks, but with the silver linings of fantastic weather and extended park hours (or at least that's how it worked for us). As long as you have a plan (and it sounds like you've already made a good one) it's more than manageable.

I hope my Staples has a couple left. I'm going there when they open at 10.

I didn't get to my Staples until almost 3:45pm, but no worries: the gift card rack was fully stocked and brimming over with $200 gift cards. I bought 2, then asked the guy how many could I buy? He says $2000 per day. So I bought one more, or $600 worth. That's $50 plus the points and I may test out buying a money order, or not. $600 is pretty easy to spend.

As a veteran of many Spring Break WDW campaigns, my advice is to book whatever you really want to do (like Fantasmic) so that you can focus on the stuff you can't book in advance. It's a very busy time in the parks, but with the silver linings of fantastic weather and extended park hours (or at least that's how it worked for us). As long as you have a plan (and it sounds like you've already made a good one) it's more than manageable.
Fast passes coming up Tuesday but yes, I have a plan. And a backup plan. Lol. I generally prefer slower times but we decided it’s best not to take DS out of school anymore, so we’re stuck with vacation time and I definitely prefer Spring Break over Christmas. Plus since we’ve been before, I don’t feel the ‘must see/do everything might never be back’ stuff like I did our first visit.

Slightly off topic but I know I've seen a lot of discussion on the Discover savings bonuses. Can I have my DH sign up for an account and get a bonus as well as myself? I've been meaning to move my kids' savings accounts to an account that will get a better interest rate, and this seems like a good way to get a bonus too. Thanks!

That's probably because he doesn't currently hold the lovely Gold/Rose Gold card. I have never truly loved a card as much as I love this one!
LOL - you guys and your obsessions with the look of a card :P

I did have a Gold Card, an Ameriprise Gold Card, a Premier Rewards Gold Card and a Business Gold Rewards Card...and they all ended up in the trash when that year 2 AF rolled around...same as this new Gold Card would LOLOL!!!

Slightly off topic but I know I've seen a lot of discussion on the Discover savings bonuses. Can I have my DH sign up for an account and get a bonus as well as myself? I've been meaning to move my kids' savings accounts to an account that will get a better interest rate, and this seems like a good way to get a bonus too. Thanks!
Yep - no household limit, my wife and I both got Discover savings bonuses.

Yes, I need to sort out this AU business :crazy2:

For DH, I had no plans to cancel either of his Chase biz cards. We both have legit businesses and the CIP in particular is our biggest points earner (ebay and shipping fees for the win!). Love the CIC as well, use it for our phone/internet/satellite and 5x at office supply stores. Although if I had one, we wouldn't have to have 2...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He cancels and gets the CIU (or don't cancel, some people hold 3 biz cards), and you get the CIP when you get your amex thing sorted out. If he cancels first, make sure and save his referral link though, so you can use it.

Another AMEX Shower thought...(perhaps this becomes a series)...
I've been keeping this one to myself because I wasn't sure how I felt it about it for awhile...

So AMEX doesn't like me or my wife now...What if I just continually self referred myself to the BBP...

It has no AF...so I open the card using my wife's referral. She gets the referral bonus, I get nothing...then we cancel her BBP wait a month or 2 and I refer her from my BBP. We rinse and repeat this a few times throughout the year earning 10k MRs everytime we do it.

I'm not saying we actually will do this because I have a feeling it could put all of our MRs at risk. For me that doesn't much matter, I have 45k and could cash out in gift cards at any moment. For my wife with 200k MRs, I'd probably rather get them redeemed somehow before doing that.

Assuming AMEX would keep approving me (while I ignore the stupid popup)...I could probably earn 60k-80k MRs without spending anything!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter