I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my off-topic, kinda on-topic rant/fun fact of the night is - Despite having the largest Chinatown in Canada, and like the 3rd oldest Chinatown community in North America (? something like that, I think I read), the best places for Dim Sum in Vancouver, BC are not in it! :badpc:

I thought we hit the jackpot with the hotel near the cruise pier also being within close proximity to Gastown, Chinatown, and not terribly far from Stanley Park - 3 of the top 10 things to do in Vancouver according to many lists. Hubby being a fan of Dim Sum this seemed great, hop a quick metro to Chinatown, have some dim sum, stroll the gardens, easy peasy. In researching the top places to get dim sum, they're all either in Richmond or outside of Downtown Vancouver. :rolleyes: Evidently the community moved on up (and out) to settle in these areas. The neat thing about it is many say some of the places are pretty authentic to what you find in Hong Kong. The down side is the 30-40 minute commute to try it.

Le sigh, it's always something.
Ask the concierge at the hotel for a din sum recommendation in Chinatown. There are many, many good restaurant there -- no need to travel to Richmond! We LOVE din sum!

Yay! BFF has agreed to WDW so I can squeeze one more trip in. I'll be there oct 30 to nov 3 leaving the 4th. Going to stay at pip and already have an ogas adrdor the 3rd that touring plans helped me grab sunday. Fp day is sat!

ETA ot not pop. I forgot about wine & dine. Ugh

Are you trying to cancel it and get it refunded before having to pay the statement? In general I’d try to wait a awhile (ie a month) just to keep things “above board”.
No, not trying to avoid paying it on the statement. I didn't know if we should wait for one statement or if it's advised to wait even longer than that. I just don't want it to look too fishy. The room is for December so we have plenty of time to keep it before cancelling.

No, not trying to avoid paying it on the statement. I didn't know if we should wait for one statement or if it's advised to wait even longer than that. I just don't want it to look too fishy. The room is for December so we have plenty of time to keep it before cancelling.
Yeah - I might give it a month (at least 1 stmt cycle) to stay off the radar :D Then when you get the refund I’d probably spend the money to use up the credit (vs putting eyes on your acct requesting a refund check or transferring the credit to another card).

Florida disers -- anyone prepping for Dorian? I went to Publix this morning and grabbed 12 jugs of water, some bread (to freeze) and some veggies. Hoping to avoid having to go again this week as I know it will get progressively busier as her path towards Florida becomes clearer over the next few days. The few days before Irma Publix was crazy, water shelf was empty for days and there were fights when they wheeled out a new skid. Since I hate crowds I am going to try to stay away until she passes. Will also head to Shell (maybe Costco if I'm feeling brave) to top up with gas tonight. Will also make sure dd keeps a full tank since she drives 40 miles (round trip) every day to and from school.

Just another (sad) data point here. First statement on my Citi AA 2 closed yesterday on a $4k/65k offer, no bonus posted. No plans to contact them and I considered this a 50/50 proposition when I went for it.

And this week we met spend on P2's card in the same situation, fingers crossed that we get lucky with this one.

We've already banked the miles we wanted for our next vacation, we're able to burn through a lot of organic spend each month, and I didn't have any other cards I was really interested in at the moment--so I don't felt like this was worth a shot.
Is this because you can't receive a bonus on the second card if it's within 24 months? I just opened my first and I guess last Citi AA Biz for at least the next two years. I have a feeling the same thing will eventually happen with the CIP.

Absolutely! BJs runs discounted Disney gift card promos and ships them. Free is free. I paid $10 for mine and have already made it back.
Do you think they'll charge me next year unless I cancel it? It's making me put a credit card on file to join for free.

How often do they run discounted sales on Disney gcs?

I was messing with this yesterday and it doesn’t seem like you can use points to pay unless you are booking a flight. Is there a way around that? I’m a little more concerned about booking a “throwaway” flight vs rental car.
Here's what my screen looks like. You can choose from flight + hotel, flight + car, and hotel + car.
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 10.08.36 AM.png

Florida disers -- anyone prepping for Dorian? I went to Publix this morning and grabbed 12 jugs of water, some bread (to freeze) and some veggies. Hoping to avoid having to go again this week as I know it will get progressively busier as her path towards Florida becomes clearer over the next few days. The few days before Irma Publix was crazy, water shelf was empty for days and there were fights when they wheeled out a new skid. Since I hate crowds I am going to try to stay away until she passes. Will also head to Shell (maybe Costco if I'm feeling brave) to top up with gas tonight. Will also make sure dd keeps a full tank since she drives 40 miles (round trip) every day to and from school.
I'm not too worried about it yet since we aren't sure where she's headed. We do have bottled water, cans of veggies, frozen milk, and frozen bread just in case. I do need to go get gas today though because I'm under 1/4 of a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter