I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day I was finally allowed to get my full license was Halloween. I was so mad that my parents wouldn't let me drive anywhere that night, though as an adult now it is completely logical that your new teenaged driver should not be driving for the first time while children are trick or treating lol.
I hot my liscense on Halloween too! But my mom doesn't have a lick of sense in her head, so my friends and I went out driving that night!

I failed my 1st drivers test. I had to go back to school afterwards, and everyone knew I had taken the test (small private school). I walked into class and everyone was all expectant and I just burst into tears!!! 😢

I’m thinking we need to do the baths because more than one of you have mentioned that. What did you like about St. John?

Just snorkeling at Castaway Cay was fun. Inside the swimming area, and farther out they have "hidden" characters on the bottom (at least they did a few hurricanes ago).

Is St John's the island with the airport right at the beach ... Mahalo Bay, or something like that. Beach is poor, but I loved watching jets come in.

Just snorkeling at Castaway Cay was fun. Inside the swimming area, and farther out they have "hidden" characters on the bottom (at least they did a few hurricanes ago).

Is St John's the island with the airport right at the beach ... Mahalo Bay, or something like that. Beach is poor, but I loved watching jets come in.
No, you’re thinking of St. Maarten. St John is a US Virgin Island close to St Thomas. The ships dock at St Thomas but offer excursions to St. John.

Any tips of someone with a poor credit score? (high 500/low 600)? Haven't applied for credit card in over 24 months but was always declined then. Know it wont be possible to qualify for a nice cc with good rewards right off the bat but I'm willing to work for this. Is there some kind of credit builder that gives perks?

Experian started something recently where you can include utility payments and rent payments from participating providers to help build credit (kinda fuzzy on specifics, but pretty sure it's Experian, and not the other two credit bureaus)

Guys.... back in the sticks of NE your kid can get a school permit (as in unaccompanied) when they are 14 and 2 months. :faint: They can get a school learner's permit for that as long as they will be 14 by Oct 15 that year (basically so they can have 2ish months to learn and meet all the requirements for the full school permit. And then they can take their siblings!

Now in the big city, you can get your permit at 15, and a provisional permit at 16 (they call it that, it's basically license). The provisional permit does not allow driving between midnight and 6am unless for school or work, and you can only have siblings in your car. Then at 18 you get a full regular license. If you dont have any tickets or accidents you can go in at 17 and get the full license.

Anndddd I'm pretty sure that the rule in rural areas is that kids can drive their family's vehicles on their property only at 12 or 13.
Our town used to be just farmland (more suburban now) and my MIL talks about driving her dad's farm trucks around town at age with no liscense!

No, you’re thinking of St. Maarten. St John is a US Virgin Island close to St Thomas. The ships dock at St Thomas but offer excursions to St. John.

That's it! Thanks! Looked for pictures, but I accidentally erased them :(

Wait, we did that excursion too. Was that the one with the only Underwater US National Park trail?

Back in the day we were able to get Uncrustables from room service and took those with us. Disney lets you bring on bottled water. Take some of those with you too.
I LOVE Uncrustables! Do they still do that? We probably won't bring bottled water, but we will definitely bring our own refillable bottles. Is there somewhere to fill them up or a fridge in the room?

I've heard that about the hidden characters! That sounds so fun to me! I just read a thread saying the excursions have all been cancelled recently from the hurricane. I wonder if everything will be good by November 2?

All this talk of teens driving has me wondering what everyone’s first car was???

Mine was ‘91 Chrysler Lebaron convertible. I’m also 5 feet tall and love to do unauthorized investigative work, so I’m basically Veronica Mars.
An electric blue Ford Festiva hatchback. Zero bells and whistles or safety features. But it was new. My grandfather worked for Ford, so my mom got a good price. She was a single mom and my grandparents who helped raise us were in declining health. So I got a car and got to run all the errands, ferry my brother to and fro from sports, etc. But I had a car, so I was happy!!!

I LOVE Uncrustables! Do they still do that? We probably won't bring bottled water, but we will definitely bring our own refillable bottles. Is there somewhere to fill them up or a fridge in the room?

Yes. As of last summer they did, and I haven't heard that it stopped. If you do this, when you call room service, you can ask them to please keep them in the wrapper. That way it's sealed and you should be able to take them off the ship.

We tried this, but they are weirdly sweet and nobody in my family liked them. I do think it's a great idea, though. There are also little boxes of cereal at the breakfast buffet, and since they are sealed we were able to take those instead.

I’m not sure! Maybe the cruise board knows. My kids were in their 20’s for our last Disney cruise so we skipped the uncrustables!
There is a cooler...not quite a fridge. I’m not a fan of cruise ship water. I stick with bottled water. It may be in my head but I think I retain more water if I drink the cruise water.

I've heard that about the hidden characters! That sounds so fun to me! I just read a thread saying the excursions have all been cancelled recently from the hurricane. I wonder if everything will be good by November 2?

Ya know, we just enjoy bobbing around in the water at their beach mostly. We rented bicycles once an rode along the path ... meh. I've also heard there is a morning run around the island, if interested. Don't have any experience at the adult beach.

Yes. As of last summer they did, and I haven't heard that it stopped. If you do this, when you call room service, you can ask them to please keep them in the wrapper. That way it's sealed and you should be able to take them off the ship.

We tried this, but they are weirdly sweet and nobody in my family liked them. I do think it's a great idea, though. There are also little boxes of cereal at the breakfast buffet, and since they are sealed we were able to take those instead.
Little boxes of cereal would work, too! I'm thinking the Uncrustables probably wouldn't stay cold so I'm not sure if we want to go that route or not.

Ya know, we just enjoy bobbing around in the water at their beach mostly. We rented bicycles once an rode along the path ... meh. I've also heard there is a morning run around the island, if interested. Don't have any experience at the adult beach.
We love riding bikes. We ride our bikes together at night when we have time. I'm positive we'll rent bikes. Maybe we'll try to buy some snorkel gear to take with us and rent the bikes. Then when we get there we can decide if we want to pay for tubes or rafts. Otherwise, we could just float.

Can you cancel a Barclaycard online or do you have to call?
I am pretty sure I canceled my Choice Privileges online.
Anyone get automatically upgraded to a Target MC? I got the letter that they were changing my card and I figured no big deal. I’ve had my Redcard forever and my dh was an AUer from when I opened the card. But this morning he got a Credit Karma email that he’d been added as an AUer to a Target account :oops: Kinda freaking out that this just ate up a 5/24 spot!!!
i was upgraded many years ago but it is one of the few cards DH was not an AU on. I highly doubt it counts.

Northern Ireland and Ireland 2020 trip is coming together. We have one travel together ticket that expires next year and have decided to visit Northern Ireland since it is the only country in the UK we haven't visited. Of course, I can't go to Northern Ireland and not spend some time at my beloved Ashford Castle in Ireland when I'm so close. A return stay for a few nights has been on my bucket list since the last visit. We've booked the outgoing first class flight positioning in BOS-LHR-BFS for 84,000 Avios and way too many taxes and fees. We will be doing 3 nights in Northern Ireland and 4 nights in Ireland. The hotels we plan to stay at in Northern Ireland aren't open for booking yet but Ashford Castle was available on the UR portal for booking! We've got 4 nights in a lake view room for our trip. SQUEEEEEEE!!!! I can't wait to go back!

NO PICKLES IN THE SHUN CORNER.

:rotfl2:
Sorry, I’m bringing pickles. Heading to the shun corner because “DH” applied for a SW Biz card without using a support link. :scared: At least “he” was approved.
Have you tried the Yoplait Oui yogurts? They are sooo yummy, and I love the jars (I'm hoarding them for some future repurpose).
Noosa yogurt. OMG, so good. I never eat full fat yogurt but I splurge every once in a while
I didn't think the $100 on lunch would be worth it either. That's a good idea to eat a big breakfast and then take some granola bars with us. I'll have to make sure I don't get any that could melt. We usually have some with chocolate chips, but I like the oats & honey kind by Sunbelt.
Make sure to bring a few prepackaged snacks from home. We’ve only been on the Wonder, but the only thing we could find packaged and allowed off the ship at ports was cereal. After a 6 hour excursion with no food, DS was super hangry (we were all starving) and a little box of cereal wasn’t much. Mom fail. Normally I take fruit and such but that’s a no go.

Sorry, I’m bringing pickles. Heading to the shun corner because “DH” applied for a SW Biz card without using a support link. :scared: At least “he” was approved.

Noosa yogurt. OMG, so good. I never eat full fat yogurt but I splurge every once in a while

Make sure to bring a few prepackaged snacks from home. We’ve only been on the Wonder, but the only thing we could find packaged and allowed off the ship at ports was cereal. After a 6 hour excursion with no food, DS was super hangry (we were all starving) and a little box of cereal wasn’t much. Mom fail. Normally I take fruit and such but that’s a no go.
Does everything have to be prepackaged? We can't take like bananas and apples then?

Can we really not wear tank tops to dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter