I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just mentioned to Dh after it happened that we should put things in containers. I’m not sure what all needs to be put in containers though. You mentioned things in boxes. What about like chip bags? We don’t buy a lot of chips but sometimes have tortilla chips or bagged popcorn and we have bagged walnuts/almonds

I put any opened food in containers or ziploc bags (preferably sealed containers). Literally everything (cereal, baking supplies, rice, cookies, anything and everything). I hadn't put granola bars in any kind of container because they are already in sealed packages, though I might now. I also store a lot of food in the fridge that I probably shouldn't.

If I was your dh I would've freaked out. That is so awful I can't even imagine. When we first moved here I had a few close encounters with them -- one in the shower and another in the commode room. The shower was the worst because I had shampoo in my hair, opened my eyes and there it was near my feet. Ewwwww. I do a thorough check before I enter the shower now -- literally every single time.

The ants are so gross and I'm getting very upset with Arrow. We've never had this kind of problem before and we've been here 9 years. Three treatments should have eradicated the ants. They are blaming the rain and the vegetation around our house (they say it's too close to the house -- it's been the same since we bought the house 9 years ago).

Have you had any tiny lizards in your house? They used to bother me, but now I slide them onto a piece of paper and put them back outside. Thankfully I don't see them very often and they don't really bother me anymore. First time I saw one in my closet I screamed so loud dh thought I was being attacked.

Boo, I haven't gotten a good offer like this in awhile. I need more Amex cards. I got spend $150 save $30 on Snapchat. I didn't even know you could spend money on snapchat. What in the world is someone going to spend $150 on? I don't want to know I guess.

Probably advertising for cardmembers with actual “businesses.”

Check your Amex Offers!

Get 20% back on your cell phone bill, up to $50. Expires 12/31/19.
Get 20% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Business Card to pay your cell phone bill online directly with a US-based wireless provider by 12/31/19. Limit of $50 in total statement credits.

Seems targeted to Amex business cards. I got it on my Biz Plat, and DW got it on her Bonvoy Biz.

Maximize by making $250 in payment(s).
No phone offer on my Bonvoy Biz 🙁. I did get a Sling offer that I will probably do.

@Haley R it's briefly pouring here and we all took turns going out onto the balcony to stare at it!
Rain doesn’t phase us at all no matter how hard but this weekend we camped in the Florida Keys and it was so windy, it was the first time I ever felt unsafe sleeping in our popup. We kept looking at it swaying and Saturday night actually got the kids up at 1am and we all sat in the car for an hour waiting for the wind to die down. Will never camp in windy conditions again - I was so scared the roof would crash down.

For anyone who knows about cockroaches:

We pay for a pest control company and they focus on the outside of our house with spraying and a centricon system. We’ve seen two small cockroaches in our master bath and Dh found a cockroach in our pantry today. I’m assuming I should call them about this but I’m wondering if it’s normal to get a couple here and there in the south or if I should be more worried. I see them in our garage too
Call them and have them spray again. Use the little roach bait traps in the back of your cabinets for the just in case. I had a roach infestation from a broken kitchen sink line (we didn’t know) and I actually moved out of my house until it was solved. It’s Florida, there are always the random ones but they really shouldn’t be in the cabinet. Make sure you have any holes in the cabinet sealed. I don’t put anything in plastic containers and I’ve never had a problem in the cabinets. I put flour, pasta, and rice in the fridge to avoid those little bugs that get in them but thats it.

Rain doesn’t phase us at all no matter how hard but this weekend we camped in the Florida Keys and it was so windy, it was the first time I ever felt unsafe sleeping in our popup. We kept looking at it swaying and Saturday night actually got the kids up at 1am and we all sat in the car for an hour waiting for the wind to die down. Will never camp in windy conditions again - I was so scared the roof would crash down.

The winds this weekend were crazy. Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and yesterday winds were around 25mph. I'm glad you were safe. I don't recall having sustained winds of that speed for so long before. I thought our huge coconut palms (that still have 2 years of coconuts hanging) were going to come down on the house -- they were really swaying back and forth. Coconuts are all over the yard and in the pool. What strange weather that was.

Boo, I haven't gotten a good offer like this in awhile. I need more Amex cards. I got spend $150 save $30 on Snapchat. I didn't even know you could spend money on snapchat. What in the world is someone going to spend $150 on? I don't want to know I guess.
Do you have a BBP? That was what the cell phone offer was on for both dh & I. That is one of my fav cards for offers.

I put any opened food in containers or ziploc bags (preferably sealed containers). Literally everything (cereal, baking supplies, rice, cookies, anything and everything). I hadn't put granola bars in any kind of container because they are already in sealed packages, though I might now. I also store a lot of food in the fridge that I probably shouldn't.

If I was your dh I would've freaked out. That is so awful I can't even imagine. When we first moved here I had a few close encounters with them -- one in the shower and another in the commode room. The shower was the worst because I had shampoo in my hair, opened my eyes and there it was near my feet. Ewwwww. I do a thorough check before I enter the shower now -- literally every single time.

The ants are so gross and I'm getting very upset with Arrow. We've never had this kind of problem before and we've been here 9 years. Three treatments should have eradicated the ants. They are blaming the rain and the vegetation around our house (they say it's too close to the house -- it's been the same since we bought the house 9 years ago).

Have you had any tiny lizards in your house? They used to bother me, but now I slide them onto a piece of paper and put them back outside. Thankfully I don't see them very often and they don't really bother me anymore. First time I saw one in my closet I screamed so loud dh thought I was being attacked.
I don't think we are going to ever get the opportunity to move back to TX or move to FL...and after reading your post...I think I might be glad lol! Yikes! I grew up in southeast TX and we always were battling bugs in the house. I forget to be thankful that is hardly ever an issue here in CO.

Lizards - I have lizards on my patio. It is made of stones - Cambridge stones. There is a wall around most of it - it's 24 x 24, and about 2 feet tall on the inside due to the slope of the land - you couldn't have anything flat without building up on one end, and if you create a certain height than it has to have a wall. I never saw these lizards until the stones were brought in, but they survive winter here in Maryland as I've had the patio for a few years now. They've never come into my house that I know of, but occasionally I see one on my deck which joins the patio and my back door/kitchen area. I almost had a picture right now but he slid into the cracks between the stones and I'm sitting here and have no desire to hunt him down, lol. Perhaps the perimeter pest treatment keeps them out of my home. They are not scary to me unless they come inside, because then I think of them getting between my sheets, lol!

My d'oh moment/PSA--the BBP has an FTF which I forgot when I ordered tickets to the Churchill War Rooms for Oct 4th (yes, I'm excited). Fortunately the bps is not too strong so it was only $1.87 additional. Still, quite a rookie mistake-I have 2 cards' numbers memorized and the other one doesn't have the FTF (DL plat). Grrr...

Super excited for you to go there - I went as a teen and then a few years ago returned with my DD and it was much more interactive that time. I enjoyed it both times - it's definitely an underrated "thing to do" in London IMHO.

Hi. Are you seeing actual business saver awards when you are searching for flights to and from Australia? I need 3 but have tried searching with 1 and 2 and still find nothing. All I can get to come up is Economy on AA, United and Qantas. They are very reasonably priced at 40k one way. I could use my AA points to fly from the East Coast to Sydney for 80k. That seems very reasonable.
Yeah, I am. I'm using United's website and clicking on each individual day instead of relying on the monthly grid which pretty much only shows 200K miles for business. What airports have you been looking at? I check PHL and EWR every day. Only a very few of the flight possibilities are fully business class--most have a leg in economy. I see United and I see lots and lots of Air Canada. I have never seen any biz savers for Air New Zealand.

I used to be able to see business savers that connect out of Houston, LAX, and SFO, but in the last month or so I only see ones through IAH. I'm not really happy about flying through IAH during hurricane season (we'd be going sometime in Sept or Oct next year). I hope those LAX and SFO connections w business savers reappear for me. Air Canada through Vancouver would be fine, I assume.

As an example of what I'm seeing---this was availability for 2 this morning from PHL for 2020
Mon 8/17 Air Canada
Sun 8/16 Air Canada but really long connections
Sun 8/2 Air Canada (same as above)
Wed 7/29 United through IAH with multiple choices; Air Canada, multiples
Tues 7/28 Air Canada, multiples
Mon 7/27 Air Canada, long connections again
Sun 7/26 Air Canada, multiples
Sat 7/25 Air Canada, long connections again
Wed 7/22 Air Canada, multiples
Tues 7/21 United through IAH with multiple choices (yesterday there was a great 1 stop choice through IAH)
Mon 7/20 United but really long connections
and then nothing before that

editing to add: And some flights say 4 seats left, or 3 seats left, or 2 seats left. Some don't say anything so I assume they'd work if I needed 3 like you do.

Last edited:

Dh said he saw one in our shower so I check every single time now for them. Our shower has darker tile colors so it’s kind of hard to see if there are any there. I’ve seen them in our garage a ton, in our kitchen sink once, and one time on the bathroom wall in a corner. They are disgusting and not easy to kill. I don’t like picking them up after I kill them.

We have tons of lizards outside but thankfully none have gotten in yet. I wouldn’t like that either because they’re fast. They get trapped in our lanai and I just call them stupid lol

Sorry about the ants. I hope they get that resolved. They can’t blame it on rain when we’ve had hardly any

The winds this weekend were crazy. Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and yesterday winds were around 25mph. I'm glad you were safe. I don't recall having sustained winds of that speed for so long before. I thought our huge coconut palms (that still have 2 years of coconuts hanging) were going to come down on the house -- they were really swaying back and forth. Coconuts are all over the yard and in the pool. What strange weather that was.
We drove to wdw and it was so windy!

Check your Amex Offers!

Get 20% back on your cell phone bill, up to $50. Expires 12/31/19.
Get 20% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Business Card to pay your cell phone bill online directly with a US-based wireless provider by 12/31/19. Limit of $50 in total statement credits.

Seems targeted to Amex business cards. I got it on my Biz Plat, and DW got it on her Bonvoy Biz.

Maximize by making $250 in payment(s).

Thanks! We had this on our Blue Biz and Marriott Biz. Made a $250 payment today and immediately got the Amex email.

Dh said he saw one in our shower so I check every single time now for them. Our shower has darker tile colors so it’s kind of hard to see if there are any there. I’ve seen them in our garage a ton, in our kitchen sink once, and one time on the bathroom wall in a corner. They are disgusting and not easy to kill. I don’t like picking them up after I kill them.

We have tons of lizards outside but thankfully none have gotten in yet. I wouldn’t like that either because they’re fast. They get trapped in our lanai and I just call them stupid lol

Sorry about the ants. I hope they get that resolved. They can’t blame it on rain when we’ve had hardly any
Picking them up after is the worst. Hate hate hate it. I usually throw wads of paper towel on top, then kind of shovel the paper towels into a bag and immediately put the bag in the outdoor trash (sometimes I will use the vacuum). I use Raid to kill them -- no way am I using my hands (I can't believe how long they survive while being sprayed). I am convinced they would for sure survive a nuclear attack.

Data point for anyone interested. Our Bonvoy Business (the old SPG Amex) had its annual fee post 9/1. I was happy to pay it for the 35K cert before 9/14 happened. The card is in my husband's name so he called to "cancel" and was offered 5K points for calling and 10K for $1,000 spend in the next 3 months. We renewed at the $95 fee this time so I was happy to keep it for that. The CS rep was very nice and really seemed to want to understand how the certificates worked. She said she would bring it up in their weekly marketing meeting that the certificates aren't as valuable as they once were. For what it is worth...

In all my years of living in the south, we never completely stopped seeing cockroaches. They are very difficult to get rid of in their entirety - they can survive on drops of water and almost zero food. If you have an infestation you know it, but if you don't have an infestation you will basically always have a few here and there. The really large cockroaches are looking for water. However, if you pay for pest control, you might as well call them and see what they say.
I was also going to say something similar, that it’s not unusual to see the big ones (we call them Palmetto Bugs) and they’re usually looking for water so you’ll see them more during a dry spell. I usually don’t worry about those, but if I see a smaller German cockroach or 2 I call for a spray.

I used to have card numbers memorized but no more.

Also, we saw the Churchill war rooms a few years ago. Very interesting but not at all crowded (and we were there in August). I'm curious why you're ordering tickets in advance?

I think it's gotten busier plus I wanted a firm admission time. I've found it's just easier for me to have them ahead of time.

those little bugs that get in them but thats it.

Weevils...they are the bane of the food banks around here. I freeze all flour for two days as soon as I bring it home from Publix.

@kmc8826 @tink1970 Just saw an Amex offer for Delta. Spend $200 and receive $40 off. Expires 11/21/19. Only had it on one card - DH's EDP. Of course, it wasn't on his Delta card!

Thanks, I've been checking obsessively but haven't found it on ours yet. Amex clearly knows I would use it :rolleyes2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter