I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DD and I will be there this weekend too. We’re getting in early Friday (6 am flight) and planning to go straight to AK when we arrive at Pop. Stupid rainy forecast for Friday. We’ll be at Epcot Saturday morning (Garden Grill breakfast yum). MK is the plan for Sunday. We only have the GG ADR and then BOG for lunch Sunday. Other than that we’ll be winging it. We’re so excited to escape this crazy early winter weather. :dance3:
Saturday is looking chilly for what we’ve been having lol. It’ll probably feel good to you though. The high is only like 68 and cloudy.

UGH! So today is my mom and stepdad's 30 day FP booking date and MDE is a total mess. Keeps crashing and I cannot get anything booked. I don't know whether to blame it on Disney+ or not!! We cannot get logged into our Disney+ either. My dh tried so many times that he got our account locked. He's been on hold for like 45 mins waiting for tech support. Not happy right now :(
classic Disney IT.....

I know people frequently book an an AAvacation to stay at a Disney hotel and they don't pick up the rental car without repercussion. Is there a penalty if I book a hotel, car rental and don't use either ? I only want to use the miles to book an activity in NYC (radio city x mas show) so I would enter just 1 night, and pick the cheapest hotel. Just want to make sure there's no fee I'll incur for not checking into the hotel.
Ok how do you book an activity thru here? I can't find anything like that

My preference is to keep the streaming boxes and TV separate. The apps and technology are evolving so fast now that it's out-dating most of our smart TV's here. On my Panasonic smart plasma I bought in 2015, Netflix barely runs.
I just saw some articles about netflix and old roku technology....after Dec 2 Netflix won't work on the earliest models (I ordered a new one from Amazon,since I've been using the ancient models from 1,000,000 years ago...I prefer to keep things separate for that reason too.

I'm glad most seemed to have a good day with Disney+. We were able to get on for all of 5 mins this morning before we had to leave to take dd17 to school. During that time, my dh tried to log in at work and couldn't get in. He tried a couple more times and it locked him out. He's spent 3 hours (cumulatively) on the phone with Disney - on hold ONLY - has never gotten to speak with anyone. I think his head is about to explode from frustration. He's an IT guy. He just doesn't get how a company the size of Disney can be so bad with IT stuff.

So not only did we not get any Disney+ time, I feel like a bad mom. We've looked so forward to the launch and I promised my boys that if they did their school work without complaining and in a timely fashion, they could choose some shows to watch this afternoon. Of course, we go to watch this afternoon thinking that we'd still be logged in but nope, we'd been kicked out. Ugh, then add the MDE issues to all this and I want to cry :(
I was thinking of going with the free week trial...I think I'll wait to see if they get it together first,then I can binge watch whatever looks good to me in 7 days :rotfl: I don't think this is worth paying for (for me at least) since I rarely re-watch things anyway. (exception,all episodes of Parks and Recreation and some episodes of the Office when I have time to waste lol)

I was thinking of going with the free week trial...I think I'll wait to see if they get it together first,then I can binge watch whatever looks good to me in 7 days :rotfl: I don't think this is worth paying for (for me at least) since I rarely re-watch things anyway. (exception,all episodes of Parks and Recreation and some episodes of the Office when I have time to waste lol)

Just remember that some of the original content doesn't drop all at once. Mandalorian for example is only 1 episode right now and a new episode will drop each week through December.

It is so weird. When I click to follow @SouthFayetteFan's links to reddit, I get what must be termed "old reddit," whereas when I go to reddit on my own, I get "new reddit."

It doesn't matter one way or the other, of course... just odd.
Well all the cool kids use old reddit because its functional. New reddit is just some stupid developers attempt to cater to millenials who need their websites to look pretty... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 I do attempt to always share my links as "old" reddit because for those who struggle to use reddit, it should be FAR easier.
@SouthFayetteFan - I just tried to get into dischurners (through old reddit and logged in) to see your SW message. I am locked out - getting a message that says it is a private group. I am trenty34 on reddit.
I had you as distrenty. I added trenty34 now though so you should be back in! Didn't you just tell me 2 months ago that distrenty wasn't working and you were now trenty34? :scratchin :P 😂 It's ok, you can switch back and forth now, I left both names on there!!! 🤣
If you look at SFF's link, it actually specifies the old reddit interface. If you want that better (*cough* imho) interface permanently, you can click on "preferences" on the upper right hand corner of any reddit page, and then scroll down to the bottom to unselect having new reddit as your default. Cheers!
Thank you - new reddit is the spawn of Satan!
giphy.gif

Garnet Hill fans, it's freezing here today so I'm bundled up in my cashmere shawl (matching colors with @SouthFayetteFan of course!) and pajamas. A very stylish look 🤪

Edited to add: just received an email extending 25% off everything plus 30% off outerwear. One day only.
I'm using mine this week. At a conference in Florida and the hotel is a little cool.

Garnet Hill fans, it's freezing here today so I'm bundled up in my cashmere shawl (matching colors with @SouthFayetteFan of course!) and pajamas. A very stylish look 🤪

Edited to add: just received an email extending 25% off everything plus 30% off outerwear. One day only.
ya know...... y'all are VERY bad influences...... it is SOOOO cold here now, I have a lovely shawl (I call it my socially acceptable blanket) but it ain't cashmere....and last night I caught myself thinking about all the cashmere shawl talk on here.... I'll have to wait for another deal tho.:sad: (add that to the cruise talk and poor DH is having a heart attack daily)

We have our last unrestricted free night certificates with IHG booked. I was hoping to go to DC and stay at the Willard again during cherry blossom time but that won't work out due to work scheduling. So we decided not to complicate things and booked a weekend in Key West at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha. The room is $366 per night that weekend. Great value for a free night cert on a $49 AF card. When I called to book, I was offered 500 IHG points to listen to their vacation promotion. I said sure, why not. I cracked up inside as they said the vacation promotion they are offering was NOT a bucket list type vacation but just a 4 day, 3 night getaway vacation. So I knew to keep my expectations low :laughing:

The offer was a choice of 10 destinations, including Orlando, Las Vegas, Branson, Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg, Smoky Mountains, Cocoa Beach, Scottsdale, Galveston, Berkshires, Sheridan, Lake Palestine, and Canyon Lake for $199. Once you listen to the presentation, your $199 is refunded. Since 5 of the locations are interesting to me for a weekend getaway, I don't mind spending a couple of hours of my time in payment once the refund is factored into account.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Key West. When we used our last unrestricted nights it was between Key West and NOLA. Hubby decided to save Key West for when we could do a longer trip, so we ended up in, what I felt was, the unremarkable Intercontinental NOLA. It was a nice trip and nothing wrong with the stay, but I'll always wonder if we should have tried another location. If it's great maybe it's worth burning 60k.

I'm booking some cruise excursions for our Alaskan cruise in July, and using the cost to meet MSR on a couple different cards. If any excursions get cancelled and refunded in July, will I need to revisit the cards I charged the excursions to to add more spend? If so, how quickly will we need to respend those refunded amounts to keep the SUB we'll earn for hitting MSR?
Which cards? I booked a cruise paid in full 1990 {obviously not a Disney cruise LOL} cancelled it less than 24 hours full refund and paid for another cruise 2400 dollars. Between the two charges, I was way over my MSR. I was not expecting them to give me the SUB, but they did and then subtracted the 4k MR's for refund. I'm still about 600.00 dollars and a month away from MSR. I wasn't doing anything sneaky I just changed my mind on a cruise. I plan on using my Blue Business card a lot over the years so I'm not too worried about it.

I think if you make a large purchase take the SUB, refund the purchase and never use the card again you're going to be on the naughty list.

Well all the cool kids use old reddit because its functional. New reddit is just some stupid developers attempt to cater to millenials who need their websites to look pretty... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 I do attempt to always share my links as "old" reddit because for those who struggle to use reddit, it should be FAR easier.

I guess this where we Millenials say something like, "Ok boomer."

ETA: Though I don't think you are quite boomer age, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter