I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called and received the 30 day message. That was about 5 minutes after I hit submit. Does it update frequently or is the message right away the same message throughout the whole process?

Moving on to a personal Chase card for me now....researching, researching.

Also, am I the only person who can't read Reddit? I can't stand the formatting!
I can neither confirm nor deny that I call the automated status line hourly when I have an application pending...

I like to keep it on me at all times. Sometimes I'll flash it at a restaurant to see if it gets me a better table. If you're single, could make for a great pickup line: "Hey - wanna be my companion?". If things aren't going my way at any time, anywhere - I pull it out and shout "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" and slap the card down in front of them. At the movie theater, I ask them if it entitles me to free popcorn. At the library I pull it out and they say "sir, do you have your library card?" and I'm just like..."No, this is actually better, it's ok"

Seriously though, it means nothing, absolutely nothing!

EDIT: In case there was confusion, I don't actually carry it with me nor do I do any of the things above. If you attempt those things YMMV...
:offtopic:

DW and I just had to give DD her flonase for the first time, She's never taken anything like it so she asked if she had to swallow it and DW said nope. Then in the most serious, deepest, very concerned voice I have heard from here she yells "THEN WHERE'S IT GO?" Lets just say neither of us could get a word out for the next five mins.

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

I like to keep it on me at all times. Sometimes I'll flash it at a restaurant to see if it gets me a better table. If you're single, could make for a great pickup line: "Hey - wanna be my companion?". If things aren't going my way at any time, anywhere - I pull it out and shout "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" and slap the card down in front of them. At the movie theater, I ask them if it entitles me to free popcorn. At the library I pull it out and they say "sir, do you have your library card?" and I'm just like..."No, this is actually better, it's ok"

EDIT: In case there was confusion, I don't actually carry it with me nor do I do any of the things above. If you attempt those things YMMV...

Totally cracking up at this too! Giving DD a bath and she was cracking at the same time so we're just in here cracking up together :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

In Chicago, the house with alley is pretty common though there is almost always a small yard between house and garage. However, I would not want a house here with an alley, they are never plowed after it snows so good luck getting out of your garage. In the Chicago burbs where I live there are a few alleys, though they are rare. The older houses have detached garages in back but accessible with a driveway running front to back next to the house. Newer houses have attached garages. However there are restrictions as to how much of your lot is buildable. Our suburb requires 50% green space. Although variances are approved sometimes, you could never have ‘no yard’
I grew up in Minneapolis where just about every block has an alley, that the city plows whenever it snows. Across the river in St. Paul most of the blocks have alleys but the city doesn't plow them, most blocks get together and pay a guy to do it each winter.

I've been down with a terrible stomach bug for almost a week now with no end in sight. I even fainted in the shower. I'm slowly dying. But, I'm doing my best to keep up here, priorities ya know.

I need help wiht two things, I know I could look them up, but ugh, my screen time is limited and priorities lol

1. What is the tax pay site that's under 2%? Can I use Amex to pay?
2. Can I use Amex via Plastiq to pay car loan?

Thanks! Back to sleep I go.

Hope you feel better soon! The lowest is Pay1040 .com at 1.87%. Yes, you can use AmEx.

1. Just to be clear, Pay1040 .com allows tax payments to be made on credit cards for 1.87%. Yes, you can use Amex to pay taxes on Pay1040.

2. No, you cannot use Amex to pay car loans via Plastiq. Generally, Amex does not allow payments of loans on their cards.

Get well soon!

The variation with middle name isn't required. It's funny, but this reddit obsession with EIN also isn't required. I don't know how it took this long to figure out, but you can just get multiple CIPs with the same name and SSN. It's likely that it has always been this way, but people thought EIN was a way around a rule that wasn't enforced. And then people thought Middle Name or Middle Initial variation was a way around a rule that STILL wasn't enforced.

The truth is...CIP doesn't enforce a 24 month rule. It's crazy...but true! Your only limit appears to be your velocity with Chase and how far you really want to push the limit and abuse what seems to be a loophole. I think for our purposes here, we'll hesitate to openly recommend doing more than 2 CIPs in a short time span. We don't want to contribute to killing this and we don't want to advise people to anger Chase to a point of blacklisting or claw-backs.

I did drop DW’s middle initial, but not because I was trying to get around her previously having had CIP#1 with a middle initial. (I was actually trying to have to set up a new online account for CIP#2. See my previous post.) Recent DPs suggest it doesn’t matter for approval odds even if you use the same exact name on an app for CIP#2 as you used on CIP#1 and SSN again.

I did not change the business category or revenue, and only added a year to her years in business to keep it internally consistent. I have been keeping DW’s CLs in check (and looks like I cut just enough to be approved for $5k), and adequately spaced out Chase biz card apps by at least 3 months.

If you’re in a position to apply for CIP#2, I would seriously consider doing so because Chase will likely start enforcing some kind of limit sooner than later. So far @3 DD love princesses and @DrFacilier have also drank from the CIPpy cup. Come drink the Kool-Aid!

As of March 10 (yesterday) I am 4/24. Last personal card was September Barclays Arrival Plus and October Amex Gold. Last Chase cards were last April (CIP and IHG). I have one business card (the hard fought CIP).

Should I apply for a second CIP or follow original plan of CIC?

Credit limits are low but if I had to talk to them it would be tough to make any argument for another CIP when I already have one active with little spend.

I want the points of the CIP but find more value in the CIC. Already working on MSR’s for DH on BBP and Hyatt. I could do the $5000 but the $3000 is obviously easier. Also easier because would be worthwhile spend (gift cards) instead of just straight spend on the CIP. I am in the camp of having a hard time putting dining out on an MSR card instead of the CSR or Amex Gold. The missed point potential drives me crazy.

I closed DH’s CIP last week. He only got the Hyatt February 1st though and I want to give him a little more time before I open another one.

Sorry to ramble but thoughts welcome as I keep going back and forth. :)

I've been down with a terrible stomach bug for almost a week now with no end in sight. I even fainted in the shower. I'm slowly dying. But, I'm doing my best to keep up here, priorities ya know.

I need help wiht two things, I know I could look them up, but ugh, my screen time is limited and priorities lol

That stinks that you’re sick. Apparently our school has a bad case of influenza. Lots of kids and teachers have been out for it and strep

Whole family is dying laughing :lmao::rotfl:Dh just got his card the other day and asked me if he needed it. Now he has some ideas for how to use it :laughing:

As of March 10 (yesterday) I am 4/24. Last personal card was September Barclays Arrival Plus and October Amex Gold. Last Chase cards were last April (CIP and IHG). I have one business card (the hard fought CIP).

Credit limits are low but if I had to talk to them it would be tough to make any argument for another CIP when I already have one active with little spend.

I want the points of the CIP but find more value in the CIC. Already working on MSR’s for DH on BBP and Hyatt. I could do the $5000 but the $3000 is obviously easier. Also easier because would be worthwhile spend (gift cards) instead of just straight spend on the CIP. I am in the camp of having a hard time putting dining out on an MSR card instead of the CSR or Amex Gold. The missed point potential drives me crazy.

I closed DH’s CIP last week. He only got the Hyatt February 1st though and I want to give him a little more time before I open another one.

It’s a tough call - A second CIP provides a better return, especially if you are collecting both the bonus and referral. CIC isn’t a bad move either and if the MSR is more comfortable then that’s not a bad decision. This is like deciding between cake or ice cream. Both taste awesome - it just comes down to which you’re craving more!

Hope you feel better soon. Are you able to keep yourself hydrated - by drinking gatorade etc? If not, might want to consider getting yourself to the doctor. I’m sure that I am stating the obvious but you don’t want to faint again.

This made me laugh so hard! When I first got ours in, DH asked if we needed to carry it with us for flights. While I knew it was not needed (and I also wonder why they bother to send them out), I secretly imagined being on a flight and whipping out our coveted CP card....for what, I have no idea....but the image in my mind was epic! :rotfl:

@SBWB48 made a similar trip to SF last year that included a ballgame at AT&T (now Oracle Park). I believe she stayed at the Hyatt Regency near the Embarcadero or the Hyatt Centric at Fisherman's Wharf. If you have the UR points, transferring them to Hyatt can be a great deal! However, note that many of Hyatt's hotels will be going up in award categories on 3/18/19, including the Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf (from Category 4 15k/night to Category 5 20k/night) -- so if you have dates in mind, book before then if you can. The Hyatt Regency (along with other Hyatts in the city) is already Category 5 20k/night and isn't changing. These two hotels are right along the Embarcadero, which runs along the city's eastern shoreline up against the Bay. From these hotels, you can easily walk to and catch the E-Embarcadero Line streetcar from Fisherman's Wharf or the Ferry Building down to Oracle Park, or the F-Line streetcar up and down the Embarcadero between Market Street and Fisherman's Wharf, or from the Hyatt Regency take the T-Third underground MUNI from Market Street to the ballpark. Uber and Lyft are also readily available, so there's no need to rent a car.

If you need more suggestions, let me know!

See Hyatt 2019 Award Category Changes – 130 Increasing, 129 Decreasing (Effective 3/18/19)

@Oscar Madison We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero (right by the Ferry Building) and loved it. I was deciding between that and Hyatt Centric Fisherman’s Wharf as @Lain recalls and couldn’t have been happier to have picked the Hyatt Regency instead. Although everyone’s interests may differ, we found Fisherman’s Wharf a bit too touristy for our liking despite it being our first trip. In hindsight, if we planned better, one day (we did two not knowing the lay of the land) was more than enough for what we wanted to see in that part of town. We also didn’t find getting around (and to other parts of town) nearly as easy around FW. The Embarcadero on the other hand was great. It was close to all modes of transport that @Lain mentioned and easy to get on and off between modes. More importantly, we felt it was more centrally located. If you are there on a Saturday, don’t miss the farmer’s market! The ride on MUNI literally from right downstairs outside of the hotel to the ballpark was incredibly easy. No stops, just straight there. We also found it to be an easy and quick Uber ride from the ballpark back on another day when we did a ballpark tour (highly recommend!). DH loved it.

It’s a tough call - A second CIP provides a better return, especially if you are collecting both the bonus and referral. CIC isn’t a bad move either and if the MSR is more comfortable then that’s not a bad decision. This is like deciding between cake or ice cream. Both taste awesome - it just comes down to which you’re craving more!

Thanks! Good to hear that if nothing else it is a tough call. I have the referral link saved from DH’s CIP so that should still count even though card closed.

I wish the CIC had a referral...that would make it an easier choice. Or if the AF on the CIP was waived first year. Or if we knew how long this loophole with CIP would last. I guess I will sleep on it.

Why was it hard getting the first CIP?

Wait - did you close the CIP or PC it? If you closed it then I don’t think you will get credit for the referral so that actually makes the CIP and CIC offers pretty much an identical return.

You could actually argue for one or the other in that instance depending on how you meet the MSR and factoring in the CIP annual fee. I'd almost lean towards CIC with the lower MSR which seemed better to you...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter