I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, it's been awhile since I've talked churning because we've been working on our Capital One Venture MSR and wanted to stick to one at a time. We are now less than $200 away from meeting that MSR and I think Dh or I should get a card before our Japan trip. Here's where we are:

Me:
CIP-7/18
Hilton Biz-9/18
Capital One Venture-1/17/19

DH:
CIP-5/18
CSR-7/18
Hilton Honors-9/18
Southwest Biz-11/18

So I believe I'm at 1/24 and Dh is at 2/24 as well. Is that correct?

I'm kind of interested in the AA cards, but I'm not positive on that since we do have some URs. I potentially would use our URs for a future USO trip down the road (maybe next year). Once we hit one year for our CIPs we would either PC to CIC or close them and apply for CICs. I guess it depends where we're at with cards at that point. Dh's CIP is coming up here soon while mine isn't until July.

Any thoughts?

You have a lot of options here is what I would consider.

CICs for either of you (you can still downgrade your CIP to one later)
Refer yourself to the CSR
AA Citi Biz for either of you (you can get one every 95 days if you can find a mailer so this would start that clock and doesn’t effect your 5/24)
AA Barclay Biz for either of you

You know what? Boarding Area is really the pits now. Not a decent story on there. The exception always remains the Frequent Miler.

But I remember reading so many stories on Boarding Area daily, getting credit card tips and deals... now... not much.

Lucky still posts some interesting articles and reviews. I rarely go on there anymore and just subscribed to the ones I like. I agree, Frequent Miler always has good content.

I see the news about the Hyatt rate increases coming. Does anyone know if the Hyatt Regency MCO will be increasing for 12k? If so, I guess I better go ahead and book it for our June trip since DH wants to crash there for the night since our arrival is late.

AA Citi Biz for either of you (you can get one every 95 days if you can find a mailer so this would start that clock and doesn’t effect your 5/24)
Unfortunately the CSR is still anti-social and RAF-less. (At least for me it is)

So you get up to $28/person and priority pass doesn’t cover the tip, correct?

Yeah, you have to pay for tip. we usually go over the allotted amount by a few dollars and pay that and tip with a credit card. I always forget to get cash. you get yourself and up to two guests at the $28 per person. When SO and I go we don't get an extra $28. When I went there one time they had the priority pass sign up and another time they didn't have it up so I asked if they were still accepting it to be sure and they did. I wouldn't pay out of pocket to eat there, but free food is free food. I was also able to use my priority pass for food to go one time but YMMV. I gave a few dollars to the guy that helped me.

I can’t find a referral anymore for my CSR...did you mean the CIP ?

My thoughts...you could possibly have both.
refer yourself from your CIP 1 for CIP 2....
When CIP 2 is approved :tinker:...and CIP1 is open a year...PC CIP1 to a CIC

When your ready to go after the signup bonus for a CIC....PC it to a CIU..they apply for a new CIC

I would just be applying for CIP with social security number an self referral. I guess the worst that could happen is that they would straight deny or call again. Really tempting to go your route but worried about rules changing again and not getting referral/bonus etc.

Limits on cards are fairly low but not crazy (about 30%). I haven’t lowered them as much as could as have forlorn hope I can talk DH into buying a few more direct DVC points. :)

Thanks.

I would just be applying for CIP with social security number an self referral. I guess the worst that could happen is that they would straight deny or call again. Really tempting to go your route but worried about rules changing again and not getting referral/bonus etc.

Limits on cards are fairly low but not crazy (about 30%). I haven’t lowered them as much as could as have forlorn hope I can talk DH into buying a few more direct DVC points. :)

Thanks.

I haven’t applied this way yet...have to wait until May/June and will do so if it’s still around...but there are people here and on reddit who have applied with a referral using just their name and SS number...30% CLs are good

Someone remind me... I closed DH's CIP on 3/1 via SM. AF refunded almost immediately. The card is still showing up on his online account. I vaguely remember someone talking about a way to move it to a closed part on the website?? Maybe?? How do I know if it's closed for sure though since it still appears there?

Looks like I'm going to need some dental work - so what does that immediately bring to mind (lets say it together, class):

A NEW CREDIT CARD!

Seems a new CIP is the way to go. I just PCed my old CIP to a CIC because the annual fee hit.

Option 1: Reduce my credit lines on my 2 CICs and have my P2 refer me to the CIP. I'm planning to do the SW CP later in the fall, so I will need to get a SW biz card - I'm only 2/24, but if I get a CIP, I will have 3 chase business cards in my wallet when going for the SW Biz. Not a problem, right?

Option 2: Have P2 get a second CIP - he would then have 3 Chase Biz cards (CIP, United Explorer Bix, CIP) but he won't be going for the SW CP this year, so likely won't get any more Chase biz cards for a while (he's 3/24, so we have some room). Can you self-refer and get the referral bonus?

I grew up in Minneapolis where just about every block has an alley, that the city plows whenever it snows. Across the river in St. Paul most of the blocks have alleys but the city doesn't plow them, most blocks get together and pay a guy to do it each winter.

Living in the South my entire life, I can honestly say that I have no concept of any of this at all!

Looks like I'm going to need some dental work - so what does that immediately bring to mind (lets say it together, class):

A NEW CREDIT CARD!

Seems a new CIP is the way to go. I just PCed my old CIP to a CIC because the annual fee hit.

Option 1: Reduce my credit lines on my 2 CICs and have my P2 refer me to the CIP. I'm planning to do the SW CP later in the fall, so I will need to get a SW biz card - I'm only 2/24, but if I get a CIP, I will have 3 chase business cards in my wallet when going for the SW Biz. Not a problem, right?

Option 2: Have P2 get a second CIP - he would then have 3 Chase Biz cards (CIP, United Explorer Bix, CIP) but he won't be going for the SW CP this year, so likely won't get any more Chase biz cards for a while (he's 3/24, so we have some room). Can you self-refer and get the referral bonus?

Ugh..on the dental work...

In your position....l think either or both of you could apply for the CIP....

.I currently have 4 Chase business cards open..is there a reason you keep 2 CICs instead of cancelling one ?
If you get the second CIP...if you don’t open another Chase card until you go for the SW CP you have plenty of time between applications

Your DH can self refer for a second CIP....

Came home yesterday to a stack of Chase envelopes because I finally asked them to update my name on my cards. I asked DH if it was ridiculous :rotfl:

I'm just glad the biz cards got taken care of. I SM'd on my personal account, no issues, sent them proof of name change. Then a couple days later I sent the same message in my biz account, sent the proof, and got a reply that it had already been changed on my accounts ending in **** and ****. Ugh... those were my checking and savings accounts... only the checking account is linked to my biz card account to pay the bills (and only one of the cards, the other two were weird so they're actually connected to my Ally account to pay them). But I did get all new biz cards with my new name. I didn't realize all SW cards switched over to the heart image instead of the plane... I definitely thought they sent me the wrong card when I have SW Plus, I was like aha! This is why I could never get a priority card upgrade offer! Nope, just new image. And a new Bonvoy card for my Marriott Personal... At least some are contactless now.

Someone remind me... I closed DH's CIP on 3/1 via SM. AF refunded almost immediately. The card is still showing up on his online account. I vaguely remember someone talking about a way to move it to a closed part on the website?? Maybe?? How do I know if it's closed for sure though since it still appears there?

I can still my closed accounts on the Chase website...The available credit should show 0
To hide an account ..click on...things you can do
Then...update settings and preferences
Then hide account

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter