I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help guide me b/c my hubby is dragging his feet. He has a corporate AMEX that he uses for booking all his travel. I have read about being able to pay a fee to have possible reward points from his corporate AMEX transferred to his personal AMEX. Is there any research I can do to even find out if he has corporate reward points in the first place?

Can someone help guide me b/c my hubby is dragging his feet. He has a corporate AMEX that he uses for booking all his travel. I have read about being able to pay a fee to have possible reward points from his corporate AMEX transferred to his personal AMEX. Is there any research I can do to even find out if he has corporate reward points in the first place?

My husband has a corporate Amex for company travel...he has a separate log in, I just looked on his there are no MR points listed anywhere....I’m sure his company opted to keep the points ....going to guess the women running the travel department uses them, since my DH is always saying she takes amazing trips

Last edited:
We did our GE interviews on Monday, yay, that's out of the way now. It was super fast, we had 1 appt at 2, 2 each at 2:15 and 2:30. We were out of there by 2:20.

Anyway, he said we need to make sure to use middle name when booking flights. I have 4 flights (x6 people) booked already not using middle names. Will that affect getting pre-check? Do I need to call Southwest and see if they can change the name or just add the KTN which I can do online and call it good?

I really do not want to call.

I don't want to advise you to ignore what your GE interviewer told you, but our middle names are on all of our passports, and we have taken multiple international trips since we've had GE, and I have never put our middle names on our air bookings. We have never had an issue being able to use GE.

ETA: We have also always gotten precheck for our applicable flights, and I don't put our middle names or initials on our domestic bookings either.

My husband has a corporate Amex for company travel...he has a separate log in, I just looked on his there are no MR points listed anywhere....I’m sure his company opted to keep the points ....going to guess the women running the travel department uses them, since my DH is always saying she takes amazing trips
that's what i read somewhere - that the company has to opt in to allow points to be earned.

Maybe this has been posted before, but I received an email today from Chase that promises $15 cash back if I load my CF into the Google Pay app and make 3 purchases in April.

I got it but I'm not confident it'll work. I had it on google pay previously but took it off when I was done with the last promo. However, the card is still on google and I can use it online by only inputting the cvv. All I had to do to add it to google pay was put in the cvv but I did get the email that I'd added it so maybe it'll work :confused3 I'm going to do 3 small transactions with it at Walgreens and see what happens. I didn't see where there was a min spend required unless I missed it. I figure 3 candy bars or something in that range and I'm done.

Now that DH is going to be gone Sun-Tues, I think I know what I'm watching :)

Can't wait to see what you think! I bought it on dvd when I saw it at Target before Christmas. I don't have netflix and wanted to watch it again and it was cheap. With all the eps I've been watching on Up and it almost being the end of the series there again I might have to pull it out again. I wish someone would start showing The OC again, which is silly because I have the boxed set but then I feel forced to watch them all instead of one's I like more.

No need to bow, lol! I enjoy making some of these calls, chatting with the agents, and finding out info. It is awkward pretending like I have a trip in August though - I'm just acting like I'm @wendow and using her dates, haha!.

At least you aren’t having to actually pretend to be me and get the high voice out lol!

I really appreciate you keeping us updated! Please tag me if you (or anyone!!) sees the resorts are back! We arrived in Orlando today so I’m not keeping up very well here.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not but TODAY is supposedly the last day to apply for the AMEX Marriott Biz card with the AF waived...

I'm not the expert in eligibility and bonus amounts here but you likely can self-support this card or use a DISchurner link if you were looking to apply and are eligible.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not but TODAY is supposedly the last day to apply for the AMEX Marriott Biz card with the AF waived...

I'm not the expert in eligibility and bonus amounts here but you likely can self-support this card or use a DISchurner link if you were looking to apply and are eligible.

Ha, that reminds me that I just looked at my SPG Biz account and was like “how the heck have I earned 22k points this year?” I just remembered “DH” used my support link lol

It was weird cashier day. Went in Staples for another MCGC and the lady wanted to know who the lucky person was that I was buying one for and then wanted to be super chatty. Please just sell me my gum and gift card lol. Then I went by BBY. The same front security that was working two days ago was there again and commented for the second time on my “nice dress.” Next time, I’ll wear pants.

I don't want to advise you to ignore what your GE interviewer told you, but our middle names are on all of our passports, and we have taken multiple international trips since we've had GE, and I have never put our middle names on our air bookings. We have never had an issue being able to use GE.

ETA: We have also always gotten precheck for our applicable flights, and I don't put our middle names or initials on our domestic bookings either.

Thank You! I'm leaning toward leaving them as is. I did some internet searching and there were many comments both to change and that it's fine as is.

For anyone that's used the Dell credit on Amex, I think @Albort you got a tv? Did you do it through the website they say, dell.com/amex? Because if I go that route it'll cost me more than if I go through the regular site with the sale going on. I think it's because they are "business" computers instead. It's $50 more and a 7th gen instead of 8th gen intel. I want to make sure I'm better off going through the regular site. The sale ends today/tomorrow so I need to figure out if I'm going to buy now or wait.

Is that the SPG one?

Also do the points stay in Marriott account if you cancel the card after a year?

For anyone that's used the Dell credit on Amex, I think @Albort you got a tv? Did you do it through the website they say, dell.com/amex? Because if I go that route it'll cost me more than if I go through the regular site with the sale going on. I think it's because they are "business" computers instead. It's $50 more and a 7th gen instead of 8th gen intel. I want to make sure I'm better off going through the regular site. The sale ends today/tomorrow so I need to figure out if I'm going to buy now or wait.

We went through the website specified in the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter