I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in New England and have not owned a winter coat in many years. I stay in the warm house, go to the garage to my car. Run (okay, walk fast) into buildings and don't linger out in the cold. I find it uncomfortable to drive in a bulky coat for the few minutes I might be outside. Don't ski, hate snow. Why do I live here, you might ask? My family is attached to the area and it's a good location for DH's line of work. Once the kids go off to college, I'm moving south. Hopefully DH will come with me. :D
:scared: Ack! I'm cold just reading this!!! we're in the NE (hello RI,MA,CT,NY) and our family rule has always been to dress for the weather in case the car breaks down/power goes out/something happens.....:thumbsup2 I really hate the winter weather but it's tough to leave family and friends. I'm planning on becoming a snowbird eventually.... in fact today is colder than it was supposed to be and I have to wear my down puffer again!

Does no one call it soda?
I do!!! Altho I never drink the stuff..... it's a habit I dropped years ago. (the one time I broke it recently was on vacay and I was sipping on Dh's Pibb Xtra....who knew that meant extra caffeine????and I couldn't sleep all night???:rotfl2:) never again. I'm guessing it was all that corn syrup+chemicals+caffeine....DH meanwhile drank a big cup and slept like a baby:cool: It's def what we get used to in life....I LOOOOOOOVVVEEEE tea! I drink hot tea pretty much all day every day in winter weather, and I have a wooden tea box that is filled with every variety of tea one could possibly want in a day..... which goes along perfectly with my disney mugs obsession.....:rolleyes1 sorry this is soooooo OT I'll stop now. (but I say 'You guys' all the time too.....) I am the weirdo at Starbucks who asks for the tea list instead of coffee....

Sometimes I wished I liked coffee, but then I see the price of Starbucks :scared1: (and the calorie count!) and I realize I'm good with Coke Zero.. If I need something warm there's always apple cider..
nooooo coffee at home in my lovely french press....... SB is only for vacation mode!!!

I've sadly redeemed all mine form the ChasePay promo a few months back. I wonder where iced coffee falls?
  • 50 stars – will get you any size cup of coffee, tea or bakery item
  • 150 stars – will get you any handcrafted beverage or breakfast sandwich
If it goes to 150, it will take me forever to get free drinks.

I don't remember where I saw it... maybe DoC... but they confirmed that iced coffee is NOT included in the 50 stars any size cup of coffee. Only hot coffee and tea falls under that. Which makes no sense to me, because a grande hot coffee is the same thing as a grande iced coffee. I could maybe see the cold brew being different pricing, but even then not really.

I did it via phone, they said I'd get the $20 gc and I haven't seen it yet. This was early Feb. (all in all it worked out perfectly as I needed a car rental anyway and their price was the best)
You are probably not outside the limits yet. It probably took me 6-8 weeks to get mine.

Sounds really gross
I like some brands of stevia, but some leave an aftertaste. The plus on stevia is it's 100% natural,it's a leaf,and no calories. The minus is there's an aftertaste sometimes,which means many don't like it. I don't mind it in small doses,like in coffee. I dislike it for baking however. (I had to go 100% no sugar carbs for a while and learned all about these alternatives) Be careful when buying, many brands market it as stevia but mix with other sugars.... (I've been accused of being "crunchy" in the past:flower:)

I do!!! Altho I never drink the stuff..... it's a habit I dropped years ago. (the one time I broke it recently was on vacay and I was sipping on Dh's Pibb Xtra....who knew that meant extra caffeine????and I couldn't sleep all night???:rotfl2:) never again. I'm guessing it was all that corn syrup+chemicals+caffeine....DH meanwhile drank a big cup and slept like a baby:cool: It's def what we get used to in life....I LOOOOOOOVVVEEEE tea! I drink hot tea pretty much all day every day in winter weather, and I have a wooden tea box that is filled with every variety of tea one could possibly want in a day..... which goes along perfectly with my disney mugs obsession.....:rolleyes1 sorry this is soooooo OT I'll stop now. (but I say 'You guys' all the time too.....) I am the weirdo at Starbucks who asks for the tea list instead of coffee....
I am totally with you on the tea and am the same Starbucks weirdo as I sit here drinking my 4th cup of pomegranate herbal tea of the day with several more to come thanks to them adding a hot water faucet to kitchen at work. Oh, I do enjoy the mango dragonberry refresher at Starbucks though.

I used to drink a Cherry Coke every morning as my breakfast and I went through 2 weeks of the worst headaches of my life from the caffeine withdrawal. Never going there again.

I am totally with you on the tea and am the same Starbucks weirdo as I sit here drinking my 4th cup of pomegranate herbal tea of the day with several more to come thanks to them adding a hot water faucet to kitchen at work. Oh, I do enjoy the mango dragonberry refresher at Starbucks though.

I used to drink a Cherry Coke every morning as my breakfast and I went through 2 weeks of the worst headaches of my life from the caffeine withdrawal. Never going there again.
A while back we were on a trip & my coffee-loving fiance told me he tried the "orange coffee" but it didn't taste like oranges. I was wondering who the heck would want orange coffee but I figured it must be a new thing and people who like coffee would like orange coffee.

He was so grumpy all day long & I could not figure out what happened at all until we got back and I happened to notice the coffee in an orange bag marked DECAF :rotfl2: It's funny now but at the time I felt so bad for him. He was so miserable.

Funny you mention it... Marriott is the "preferred provider" for my company. It can be very difficult. The first time I traveled for work I walked to a CVS around the corner and picked up a 12-pack of cans. The last time I traveled nothing was in walking distance and I did not feel like venturing out since it was a short trip sooo I may or may not have checked a carry-on bag (covered under our travel policy) with a 6-pack of bottles sealed in a Ziplock and carried my essentials on board in a soft duffle. On the way home, I had finished my beverages over 3.4 ounces so I crushed the duffle into my carry-on and brought it with me on the plane. I think thats a true fan, right? LOL

It really comes down to my caffeine addiction. I am also a loyal Starbucks drinker if I purchase coffee (another vote for Disney here - not that it needs it on DISboards). I am lucky that Marriotts can have a Starbucks or brew Starbucks coffee. It can help in a pinch.
Sometimes I want to do that for DH so he stops buying the $5 bottle of pop from the market at the front desk
Per DoC Starbucks has confirmed new points stuff and it starts April 16. So redeem any you need to by the 15th @Lain you'd better hurry up and apply to get all those sandwiches :rotfl2:
:rotfl: I was reading this this morning and realized that if baker tu items are 50 stars I will be better off with those than my fancy drink since my all out using a reward drink only comes to $5.67....
I've sadly redeemed all mine form the ChasePay promo a few months back. I wonder where iced coffee falls?
  • 50 stars – will get you any size cup of coffee, tea or bakery item
  • 150 stars – will get you any handcrafted beverage or breakfast sandwich
If it goes to 150, it will take me forever to get free drinks.
Docs post says iced coffee and tea will be 150
There was an offer on DH’s Amex plat this morning for $100 back on a $500 or more Universal Orlando pkg.
Oooh, will have to look to see if I can use for ILs...

haha, ya. I definitely like being anonymous - had a bad instance years ago in high school of almost being catfished by an ex-boyfriend, and since then have tried to hide my identity online.

The mailer was addressed to me. Citi AA seems to love me, I don't know why. I've got a whopping 17k AA pts and haven't flown them in over 10 years, but I regularly get personal mailers - practically biweekly. Maybe it's because I tease AA by making small purchases on their shopping portal to keep my points alive. This is the first time I've gotten a biz mailer, though.

I had to google 'catfished'.

I missed a few days, so I'm likely about 100 pages behind, LOL.

Looking at the Marriott Bonvoy Business card. Is it worth it to even get into the Marriott points game? I know the Bonvoy Business has a higher fee after 3/28 so if I'm going to get it I'd do so now. I'm at like 1/24 under the Chase rules; not counting I opened a CIC in Nov 2018 and a CIP in Feb 2019. Also have the CSR, CF, CFU, Disney, Amazon and two credit union cards.

But, reading about Marriott points and it doesn't sound like they are that valuable and that it may be better to just skip it and buy hotels via the Chase portal.

Indeed!

It really is. I've had my a/c on for a month (for the dogs) but get cold in the 68 degree house so walk around in a hoodie and we have 2 blankets on the bed! I was freezing this am and it was 60 outside. DD sleeps in sweats under 2 blankets...and she wants to go to college in Boston???

In winter I use my down filled duvet comforter. Costco sells a really nice insert with goose down (when they are available). Mine (duvet plus insert) is actually from Restoration Hardware that I have on my own bed, but I keep a separate one from Ikea for the guest bedroom. The RH one is superior with little ties inside so it doesn't get all twisted but the Ikea one is not bad and they have different warmth levels. Any of these will keep you toasty! My house is not cold by any means in winter but I still like these for the cuddly factor. I've already changed out for spring to a lighter weight cover once we had the 75 degree day last week.

We had to switch some dates on our trip to Versailles/DL Paris & we now have time to fit in WDW afterwards :flower1: Though I have to say it is terrifying to be planning just two months out. We did manage to find a room at AKL.

We are thinking about trying the Parkeology Challenge: http://www.parkeology.com/parkeology-challenge-all-disney-world-disneyland-rides-one-day

Has anyone ever done it? We thought we should definitely try it now before SWGE opens & it becomes basically impossible...

:scared: Ack! I'm cold just reading this!!! we're in the NE (hello RI,MA,CT,NY) and our family rule has always been to dress for the weather in case the car breaks down/power goes out/something happens.....:thumbsup2 I really hate the winter weather but it's tough to leave family and friends. I'm planning on becoming a snowbird eventually.... in fact today is colder than it was supposed to be and I have to wear my down puffer again!

Yeah, I can't think of an instance where I'd worry about it. And I'm a natural worrier. But being caught somewhere without a coat in the cold is not one of my fears. :-)

My parents retired this year and are slowly making the snowbird transition. I'm flying to FL this weekend to visit them and pretend I'm a snowbird too. :cool1: Thank you, SW points. (Tying into credit cards. :rotfl2:)

Geez Barclay, go ahead and give me a heart attack. They sent me an email yesterday telling me my new account bonus is about to expire, make sure and meet my spending goal! I was approved 1/30...

DW just received an email from Amex telling her she is 'missing out on your new Hilton Aspire benefits as you haven't used your new card yet'. In actual fact she started using it the day she received it, and has been using it regularly for the last six weeks.

Maybe I should email Amex and say 'If I haven't used my new card yet, then please confirm I am not expected to pay the $2000+ currently on my account'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter