I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember all my heartache over the stupid raise in the Fall that was supposed to put me 'where I should be' with regards to other employees, specifically the fact that I was making less than our new person? This spring raise is supposed to be the other part of that basically to increase the gap. We get evaluated at the end of the year and scored 1-3, then use that as justifications for raises. Apparently they make you jump through hoops to score someone a 3. My boss has told me that I am the only one who was scored a 3, thanks to all my hard work, and that should help get me more. I am interested but also scared to see what this 'more' is.
Anyways, I just have this feeling they'll be like Your raise is X.X%! like they're giving me the world, they worked so hard to give me that after going through the work of scoring me a 3... and I will be like, that's less or the same as what I've gotten in the past...
Guys, remember this? I just got my raise form and it's actually a whole 1% more than I've ever gotten. Which sounds super ridiculous on one hand, but on the other hand at least they aren't telling me to be super grateful for the amount I got and it's less than past raises like I was worried about.

Is anyone else having trouble getting used to the pinned threads being a different color now? Keep thinking somethings wrong. So obvious on the news and rumors or tpas since they have so many more than here on budget.
I hate it. Lol.

Is anyone else having trouble getting used to the pinned threads being a different color now? Keep thinking somethings wrong. So obvious on the news and rumors or tpas since they have so many more than here on budget.
Ugh. On my phone this morning I kept trying to click the little pin because I thought that it was my fault they were like that.
so far, it looks like certain stores which used to be $5 cash back limit daily
is now...
$5 cash back limit weekly with $1 cashback limit daily.
stores like CVS and Walgreens.

have saw that some ppl say select stores as of this morning but all mine says $5 weekly on all stores.
Booo. Though I completely spaced that they work at Walgreens. It did pick up an online Target purchase yesterday, I didn't expect that.

Any DPs on 2nd CIP in less than 24 mo still working? I am thinking of using a referral from DH and pulling the trigger soon. I was worried about his new CIU MSR and a CIP but just remembered property taxes due in June that I can pay in May. Should be easy to make both.

I was just approved for my 2nd CIP in 7 months - now I haven't met the MSR yet, so I can't verify that the bonus will post once I do that (should be the end of next month due to some medical bills), but there have been DPs of others getting theirs.

I’ve been keeping track of approvals and surrounding discussion in the DISchurners thread on this subject. @amalone1013 ‘s DH was approved for CIP#2 yesterday, and I’m pretty sure @1st*toright was approved for her second CIP yesterday as well. Lots more approval DPs from the past 2 weeks.

Hopefully I'll be adding mine to the list in about 10 days!

Any DPs on 2nd CIP in less than 24 mo still working? I am thinking of using a referral from DH and pulling the trigger soon. I was worried about his new CIU MSR and a CIP but just remembered property taxes due in June that I can pay in May. Should be easy to make both.

Not only are there DPs of 2nd CIP, but also 3+. And well under 24 mos. You're 100% fine.

I’ve been keeping track of approvals and surrounding discussion in the DISchurners thread on this subject. @amalone1013 ‘s DH was approved for CIP#2 yesterday, and I’m pretty sure @1st*toright was approved for her second CIP yesterday as well. Lots more approval DPs from the past 2 weeks.
I've been bad, I can go over and add details to DHs 2nd CIP

How long after approval does it usually take to get the CIP? We live in NJ if that means anything. Just wondering because we are waiting to make a big purchase.

You can call and ask Chase to expedite it..otherwise it usually takes 7-10 days

Question about using free night certs for Marriott (Bonvoy..ugh). Both DH and I have one, but don't have a use for the just yet, so I don't know the answer to this one. A friend has a 25K free night cert expiring in May. Does this mean she has to use the cert on a stay that happens before the expiration or is that how long she has to apply the cert to a stay? She'll be traveling in August and was hoping to use it then, but I wasn't sure how this works.

My dh just got approved for his first CIP. I know it's a great card but anyone give me advice on the best way to use the points. We really don't need them for flying because I have the Barclays JB and have enough points for that. Thanks

Congrats party:

I’ve used mine to book hotels through the Chase travel portal...you can also transfer to partner hotel programs.
There are other experiences you can use them for I’ve looked at NYC...there are shows you can book, tours etc

I have seen lots of people getting the card approved. I have been watching for reports to see if they actually get the bonus. That's what I'm worried about. I think I'm scarred from all the issues last year of people not getting the SUB after the CSR/CSP DD. I ended up getting mine but it was delayed and it came with gray hairs, lol.

Last edited:
I had those 20,000 MR referral bonuses burning a hole in my pocket so DH is now the proud owner of ...a Biz Green, lol! I really want to max out the referrals and 1 purchase isn't going to be too onerous especially since he's the only one who can't seem to get a CIP. I suspect my DF will be getting an Amex of some color...soon. MRs are like gold to me:teeth:

Ok experts. If you can't figure this out then no one can. My kids daycare announced an increased fee for those who pay tuition by credit card (2.5%). just stab me in the heart why don't they! I earn enough credit card points in daycare alone to pay for our family's airfare to disney every year. I can now pay by ACH, check, or my bank's bill pay. Am I out of luck in terms of finding ways to earn points/cash back by paying tuition? I don't know of any card that would give me atleast 3% back for tuition either to negate the fee, do you?

Question about using free night certs for Marriott (Bonvoy..ugh). Both DH and I have one, but don't have a use for the just yet, so I don't know the answer to this one. A friend has a 25K free night cert expiring in May. Does this mean she has to use the cert on a stay that happens before the expiration or is that how long she has to apply the cert to a stay? She'll be traveling in August and was hoping to use it then, but I wasn't sure how this works.

Have to both book and complete the stay by expiration.

Ok experts. If you can't figure this out then no one can. My kids daycare announced an increased fee for those who pay tuition by credit card (2.5%). just stab me in the heart why don't they! I earn enough credit card points in daycare alone to pay for our family's airfare to disney every year. I can now pay by ACH, check, or my bank's bill pay. Am I out of luck in terms of finding ways to earn points/cash back by paying tuition? I don't know of any card that would give me atleast 3% back for tuition either to negate the fee, do you?

Sign up for ALL THE CARDS and roll through sign up bonuses? Much greater than 3% return there.

In general, I think the days are over when an airline put you up in a hotel and provided meals b/c they cancel or delay flights. We were delayed 9+ hours on Frontier a couple of years ago and they provided nothing. Not even a free snack once the flight finally did take off. Nor any communication whatsoever about why we were delayed, when we might take off, nothing...I've never been delayed overnight but I have several family members who have been and they have had to just sleep in the airport or get a hotel at the airport, if one was available.

It depends on the reason for the delay/cancellation and weather/act of god doesn't require them to do anything so they will always try to pin it on weather. It's always good to know your carriage of contract, at least the basics, for the airline you are on and what they are legally obligated to do by country as things are different here than the the EU etc.

Maybe I got lucky when United delayed our 8pmish flight from LAX to BOI last summer to 6:45am the next morning, but they put us up in a hotel at their cost and also gave us food vouchers to use in the airport. This wasn't weather-related, so that might have helped. They just couldn't get a crew to man the flight. Also, I happened to be in the United lounge at the time the final delay to the next morning popped up on the departures board, so I was able to work with a dedicated agent in the lounge to address our situation. She was able to get our bags pulled for us and arrange the hotel, including transportation to the hotel.

Just got off the phone with Chase for the 4th time since getting back from vacation. I made a huge redemption (73k UR points) for a day trip on our vacation that got cancelled due to high winds. You'd think I could get my points back at a reasonable time frame. Nope...over the limit that these reps have the authority to refund. Have to escalate it...but it's still over the limit the supervisor could refund. Now, I have to wait 24-72 hours for a return phone call because it had to be escalated even higher. There was no limit on the redemption, why should there be a limit on the refund!:headache:

But I think I used the "it's" correctly so as not to irritate the grammar/spelling police:smooth:

Not exactly the same situation, but over the weekend, I cancelled our flights on Emirates from Johannesburg to SFO that I had booked with URs. No one in my family could stand the thought of the 16+ hour flight from Dubai to SFO in coach if we weren't able to upgrade. I found business class seats on Air France that worked for us timewise (because we are flying from Botswana to JNB the morning of our departure so couldn't leave JNB until a certain time and also are flying from SFO back up to BOI the day we get back so needed to arrive in SFO early enough to clear customs, recheck bags, etc.) and that in some warped sense seemed reasonable to pay cash out of pocket to get us into business. I had seen on our Chase confirm that the Emirates flights were refundable but wasn't exactly sure what that meant. We were charged a small cancellation fee each but the points went back into my Chase account immediately. As an aside, I am now sitting on over a million URs which is making me kind of anxious, lol. I really want to get my Japan flights for next summer booked and use some of that balance, although if we use MRs instead, then I'll need to find some other use for that Chase stash. Shouldn't be hard....

Yes, you can PC a personal Plat to a personal Gold (but then you’ll miss out on the Gold SUB if you didn’t previously have the Gold card).

Yes, you can PC via chat, but be careful what card product and account numbers you’re referring to, since Amex seems to like reusing the last 4-digits.

This drives me crazy with Amex. I have multiple Amex cards with duplicate last 4. It's super confusing and annoying. I have to pay very close attention to the expiration dates to distinguish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter