I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. They ask no questions. If your app goes pending, and most do, just let it ride through the system. If you call to question them about it pending, they will ask questions about your business. It’s best to not call.

I’m not sure how much advice you have received so I may be repeating what you know already. I’m sorry if so. If you apply, use your name as your business name, SSN instead of EIN and apply as a sole proprietor.
Interesting. A few more questions:
-Can I use the card as my sole credit for everyday purchases? I don't have any business expenses.
- Can I buy Disney gift cards at office supply stores and get 5x?
- After the Ink Business, can I get approved for a CSR or CSP and get their opening bonus?

-Can I use the card as my sole credit for everyday purchases? I don't have any business expenses.
- After the Ink Business, can I get approved for a CSR or CSP and get their opening bonus?

Hi! Yes, you can use business cards for normal everyday expenses. Chase doesn’t care what you charge on it. The CIC is the card that gets 5x at office stores, but it has a smaller sign up bonus (only 50k URs). The CIP has an 80k pt bonus, but doesn’t have the 5x to buy Disney cards at office stores. It has 3x on travel purchases, shipping supplies, advertising fees, phone, internet, and cable instead. There are no support links for CIC, but there are for CIP, so if you go that route, think about supporting a fellow dischurner. The CSR and CSP cards are personal cards, so you’ll still be able to get their bonuses after getting a business card (as long as you’re under 5/24 and haven’t gotten either of the CSR or CSP bonuses in the last 48 months).

Last edited:
Unfortunately the SW flights at the next nearest airport are the same situation. I found a Delta flight that will work out of another airport. I'm thankful that I had Delta miles, but it cost me more miles than it would have if I had booked it when I booked the SW flight and I have to go an extra hour to get there.
I’d ask for compensation.

I'll chime in!

I'm assuming folks have recommended you get the Chase Ink Preferred ("CIP") because of its big 80k UR signup bonus.

Chase also offers other "Ink Business" cards, i.e., the Chase Ink Cash ("CIC") and the Chase Ink Unlimited ("CIU"). The CIC and CIU offer only 50k UR signup bonuses, lower $3k minimum spending requirements, their own sets of bonus earning structures, and no annual fee (vs. the CIP's $95 annual fee).

1. Yes, you can use an Ink Business card as your sole credit card for everyday purchases.

However, Chase will warn you in fine print that a business card is intended for only business purchases. This is because business credit cards do not offer the same level of consumer protection as personal credit cards, which are covered under the CARD Act of 2009. Don't worry, just be aware. Chase will not audit you to make sure you're only using the card for business purposes. Not like that would be easy, since many personal expenses can have a reasonable business justification when your business is "you."

Another thing to consider is that beyond the minimum spending requirement ("MSR") period, when you're earning 80k UR for $5k of spend on the CIP, or 50k UR for $3k of spend on the CIC or CIU, which is at least 17% back if you valued the UR points in cash (1 point = $0.01), you should consider the card's bonus categories to determine if that really is the best card for the purchase you're making.

The CIP earns 3x UR on (1) travel (which overlaps with the 3x UR travel category on the CSR and 2x UR travel category on the CSP); (2) shipping purchases, e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx, eBay Shipping through PayPal, Stamps .com; (3) Internet, cable and phone services, e.g., your cable and cell phone bills, Netflix, Hulu; and (4) Advertising purchases with social media sites and search engines. Numerous merchants and services that used to earn 3x UR and made this card super useful for almost everything, no longer earn 3x UR. Everything else earns only 1x UR.

Beyond the CIP's signup bonus which remains the highest in Chase's portfolio, the CIP has been severely nerfed in the past year that it's not really considered a card people want to put ongoing spend on. Two remaining highlights of this card is if you pay your cell phone bill with the CIP, your phone is covered up to $600 by the card's cell phone insurance policy; and the CIP has the ability to refer others (friends and family? future DISchurners?) to this card. The CIC and CIU don't have the ability to refer, and don't have support links.

ETA: If you don’t yet have a CSP or CSR, the CIP can make any UR points you earn on it or transfer to it more valuable because like the CSP, you can redeem UR points on the CIP’s travel portal with a 25% bonus (so 1 UR point = $0.0125 towards travel) (the CSR has a 50% redemption bonus), or you can transfer UR points to Chase’s many travel partners for award redemptions directly with the hotels or airlines. The CIC and CIU only redeems for travel at $0.01 per UR point and cannot transfer to airline and hotel partners; but you can transfer UR points earned on the CIC or CIU to the CIP/CSP/CSR.

The CIU is very simply a 1.5x UR on every purchase card.

2. The CIC is the card you want if you want to buy gift cards at office supply stores and get 5x UR. The CIC also earns 5x UR on internet, cable and phone services, but does not include cell phone insurance like the CIP. Note that the 5x UR category of office supply stores and internet, cable and phone services is capped at $25k in purchases every year, but most people don't have to worry about that. The CIC earns 2x UR at gas stations and restaurants (also capped at $25k). On everything else, the CIC also earns only 1x UR.

Say you want the 80k UR bonus of the CIP, but the 5x UR category of the CIC.

You could sign up for the CIP, meet the $5k MSR in 3 months (but you won't earn 5x UR on gift cards at office supply stores), and after the 80k UR signup bonus has posted, you could call Chase to request a product change ("PC") of the CIP to the CIC (you decided the bonus categories are a better fit for your business) so you can benefit from the CIC's 5x UR categories going forward.

However, we usually advise people to sign up for the CIC separately because the CIC comes with its own 50k UR signup bonus, which you won't get if you PCed the CIP>CIC.

Note, if you do want to buy Disney gift cards as part of your CIP MSR, there's still a way to get a discount on them, but it depends on two methods continuing to work. The e-gift card app Gyft still earns 3x UR on the CIP through PayPal checkout. You can purchase Walmart e-gift cards on Gyft and earn 3x UR this way. If you're a new user on Gyft, start with smaller denominations and don't try to make too many purchases too fast, because its anti-fraud algorithm is very sensitive and it may hold or decline your transactions if you go too big, too fast. You can still redeem Walmart e-gift cards at Walmart and Sam's Club for Disney gift cards. Sam's Club sells Disney gift cards for about ~4% off. Fair warning, Gyft could stop earning 3x UR and Walmart/Sam's Club could stop accepting GC>GC at any time. The rules are constantly changing, often with little notice. We try our best to keep everyone up to date.

3. Yes. Getting an Ink card or cards will not preclude you from getting a CSR or CSP and their signup bonus in the future. Note that Chase's rules provide that you can only get a CSR or CSP signup bonus if you are under 5/24, haven't received a signup bonus on any Sapphire product in the past 48 months, and you can only have one open Sapphire card (so you'd have to potentially choose between the CSP and CSR). The Ink cards don't report to your credit reports, so they don't add to your "5/24" count. There's no way around the 48-month restriction. There's a way around the one Sapphire rule if you really want to use up two slots for the CSP AND CSR.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks again to everyone who helped me decide which business card to apply for. I got the Delta Amex Gold with 70K bonus and self-referral.
The referral bonus is in my account already!
Now I'm thinking I want to get the CIP next. How long do I need to wait to apply for that one? Can I self-refer for that one too?
To remind everyone, here's my cards:
03/19 AMEX Delta Gold Business
03/19 AMEX Platinum
02/19 BOA Alaska Airlines Personal
08/18 AMEX Gold
10/17 CHASE Marriott Business
07/17 CHASE Sapphire Preferred[/Since you haven’t applied for a Chase card in a while I’d say your fine to apply just look at your credit limits on the Chase cards you have to make sure they aren’t close to 50% of household income

Last edited:

- yes I used my CIP until the MSR was met
-the CIC the CIP or CIU
-yes but it’s recommended to wait 3 months between Chase applications

Last edited:
Any booths we MUST hit? We basically have two nights to try Flower and Garden so any suggestions would be wonderful.
Everything at The Smokehouse was wonderful especially the Burnt ends & pork belly slider. Fried green tomatoes at Gardeners Terrace and Shrimp & grits at Florida Fresh were also very good. Also if you’re an Orange Bird fan they have Orange Cream slushy (Dreamsicle shake essentially) in a souvenir cup @ Citrus Blossom.
I used the WDW Food&Wine app which was great for marking wishes and tasted items and has a list by location and map of all items.

We are coming April 1. How's the weather?
Beautiful. Rained a couple hours Wednesday morning which deterred neither us nor crowds.
I’ll hope for smaller crowds for you. The lines were bad. We had a plan going in but were forced to change on the fly a few times. One morning we got to MK at RD but found a huge wait at BTMRR which is usually walk on at that time. So we changed course and did a bunch of stuff with shorter lines. Then another day we were in line for BTMRR (posted wait 50 minutes) when the wait ballooned to 2 hours. It’s pretty hard to get out of that queue so we ended up missing FP for 7DMT. OTOH we managed to catch Soarin with a 40 minute wait last night (it had been 80-100 minutes every other time we were there)
Overall it was still a good trip. About halfway through I had this feeling of “I think we’re done with WDW trips, I’m tired” but the next day was good again.

Everything at The Smokehouse was wonderful especially the Burnt ends & pork belly slider. Fried green tomatoes at Gardeners Terrace and Shrimp & grits at Florida Fresh were also very good. Also if you’re an Orange Bird fan they have Orange Cream slushy (Dreamsicle shake essentially) in a souvenir cup @ Citrus Blossom.
I used the WDW Food&Wine app which was great for marking wishes and tasted items and has a list by location and map of all items.

We love Smokehouse as well....missed the fried green tomatoes ....will have to try them when we return again in May...love that our son lives in Orlando so we can visit with him at night and enjoy WDW during the day...

Unfortunately the SW flights at the next nearest airport are the same situation. I found a Delta flight that will work out of another airport. I'm thankful that I had Delta miles, but it cost me more miles than it would have if I had booked it when I booked the SW flight and I have to go an extra hour to get there.

I thought that the "big" airlines worked with each other in situations like this? You shouldn't be penalized because the flight was cancelled. I would call and ask to speak with a manager at SW. It can't hurt.

You already received great advice :)
I just wanted to offer that I’ve paid just about every kind of bill you can imagine using our CIPs and never had a problem. A few years ago, I met the spend on mine with my mortgage (not an option now). Then I met my dh’s MSR from mostly medical bills. Now I’m using dd’s CIP for everyday spend. You will be fine if you decide to go for that, or any other business cards.

I feel like I'm going crazy, referred DH for a CIP, filled out the app, clicked submit and I got a quick 1 second "verifying information" and then nothing. Just the same application page. Anyone ever have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter