I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m beginning to deal with a little FOMO.

I’m planning a possible onsite trip for March and was considering hopping on the grAAvy train. I definitely have some studying to do but this seems like maybe a good start.
I was approved for my Barclay Arrival card in mid January.
Is it to soon to apply for this card and if I do, would I just use my name and SS# like Chase business cards?
Is the Arrival+ the only Barclay you have? I got my dh his Arrival+ on 1/16/19 and he can't seem to get approved for the Aviator biz card. That is his only Barclay but he'd gotten other cards around there (both SW plus and SW biz in 11/18 and 12/18). Barclay is super sensitive to inquiries on your CR.
I do think this card is a good start for you. If you don't have a lot of hits on your CR, you may be just fine.

Love your new avatar!!!

DISchurners Announcement:
In light of the mixed reports on whether this new loophole for Chase Support Links actually works, I am kindly requesting that nobody use this loophole to list support links on the official support threads on DISchurners.

I have no issue with you using these links to self-support or cross-support between spouses and friends. As a matter of fact, I encourage people to do this AND report back on whether it works. However, when it comes to our legitimate support threads, I want to be certain that the links there are from people who truly hold the cards. (i.e. I am not going to go through and suddenly create links for the 6 cards I don't have).

I think it's only fair to ensure that those who want to give back to our community actually are able to do so and that it benefits people actually holding the cards. If anybody feels differently, I would welcome that feedback or criticism.

I also want to note that there is some behind the scenes discussion around this whole loophole and the potential "manual" approval process that goes along with it and whether it draws unneeded attention from Chase to their support program. I'll let you all process that information as you wish...For now I think we are a drop in the bucket compared to r/churning so I see no reason not to at least experiment with it individually.

EDIT: This is fairly easy to check and just so everybody is aware, nobody on our threads had attempted to do this yet (so this isn't directed at anybody). All links shared on our thread currently are legitimate folks that hold the card :)

Last edited:
Tried to payoff a LightStream loan for home improvements with plastiq. I should've known but it looks like the only cards that will make that work are mastercard and discover. Applied for the Barclay AA Biz tonight and got approved, as I've already hit the MSR for my Citi AA Biz. I'm hoping the IHG SUB for 120,000 stays open through the beginning of June as I'll be back under 5/24 and can pick it up!

I have my AA gift card listed on Raise. I listed it on 3/21. That makes 45 days yesterday. It still says listing pending. Do I have to do something to actually have it listed?

Barclays Business Aviator Bonus Now 75,000 Miles
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barclays-business-aviator-bonus-now-75000-miles/
  • Earn 65,000 miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
  • Earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card
Link to Offer: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2648&cellNumber=1

Ok Barclays, I see how it is! ...go from 50k, to 60k, now to 75k...

Of course this happens the day after I apply. Just my kind of luck.

I’m still waiting to hear if I am approved or denied.

I have my AA gift card listed on Raise. I listed it on 3/21. That makes 45 days yesterday. It still says listing pending. Do I have to do something to actually have it listed?
You shouldn't have to do anything. They should send you an email to tell you that it is "live." If you don't get that email today, I would contact them.

We'll be in Colorado Springs soon, May 11-18. I have been checking the weather more than I check the CC application status line. It was looking pretty good when I checked on Saturday. Now it looks like more days with a chance of rain. Oh well, if it rains we'll still enjoy it. DS and I still talk about the time we hiked in Spearfish Canyon in SD in a downpour. Donned our rain coats and trudged on. As long as it isn't lightening it will be ok.
Hey, we're going to be in Colorado Springs next week too, but just May 14-17! I hope we can get some good hiking in :-)

Does the Marriott free night cert have any restrictions, besides the points, of when it can be used? I am looking at a hotel that has like 4 days out of the whole month where they accept point bookings, and the day I want does not. Can I still use my free night? For some reason I was thinking I had to book it on points first then attach cert. But can I just book it on cash and attach cert?

I only cash out my points and I have enough to fund SOs IRA for 2019 so I’m thinking we may do that. Emergency fund is a little light tho especially with all our wedding expenses coming up so maybe I’ll split it.
That was supposed to say “bank” not “and”. My phone had other ideas this morning...lol!

I don’t have advice for this particular one unfortunately. I hope you get your points. Reopening and PC is an option to try for sure. Or you could see if they post when the next stmt closes...it could happen (maybe??)

Definitely a lesson for folks to pay attention on though. When I close cards (or consider my PC options) there’s always a lot of thought around any pending points to make sure all is ok there. Sorry you’re caught up in this mess.

I have another pay attention lesson. I closed DH's CIP, it's been a year, about a month ago. Then he was mentioning how he needed to pay his tuition soon so I jumped online to apply for another CIP for him because I was leaving the next day for a 3 day FL weekend and wanted to make sure it comes in soon to pay the tuition. Approved! Then remembered that I forgot to use my support link. :rolleyes2

Lesson learned. Think a minute before you chase those URs. :D Had a lovely 2 days in universal and one day in EPCOT. First time on Kong. I may have peed myself a little. Won't spoil it if you've never been on...

jc64l5E.jpg

This is mine, and I still feel like a peasant.

Does the Marriott free night cert have any restrictions, besides the points, of when it can be used? I am looking at a hotel that has like 4 days out of the whole month where they accept point bookings, and the day I want does not. Can I still use my free night? For some reason I was thinking I had to book it on points first then attach cert. But can I just book it on cash and attach cert?

You have to try to book a points rate and then you'll get an option to use your cert or pay points on the web. You can try to reserve on cash but I think the only way they can attach the cert is if a points booking opens up, so not sure if that would help.

They are supposed to have a no blackout dates policy where if a standard room is available for cash it's supposed to be available for points, and thus a cert, so if you are sure the cash booking is a standard room you can try to call to have that honored. Although with Bonshifty a guarantee has turned into YMMV....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter