I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started participating in this thread/group recently. I have asked a lot of questions too. I am trying to catch on as quickly as I can but there are still many things I have no idea what people are talking about. I figure sticking around, reading, and participating I will come to understanding much of it over time. I hope you do the same. :-)

Thank you! I will. I apologize for my paranoia. I know I was being really THICK and probably causing some frustration so that's why I thought certain posts were directed towards me. :)

So I have been busy this morning at work... making another spreadsheet for myself LOL

Pricing a 75 point direct Poly contract, thinking these are my best CC options with referrals:
3 CIPs - Redeem for future travel via CSR: $171 pp
3 CIPs - Cashed out: $195 pp

If I can't get CIP 3, then I would refer to a CSP:
2 CIPs, 1 CSP - Redeem for future travel via CSR: $177 pp
2 CIPs, 1 CSP - Cashed out: $198 pp

I would also throw some on the Amex Plat to complete that MSR if its within the next 2 months.

While price per point is still high, I would have never thought to do this years ago when purchasing and the price was lower. Could CC be my breakeven point? 😂

Wanna break this math down with me? Do you need financing? Can you just put all of it on a credit card?

Total cost would be 16,500. So 3CIP subs? $3,000 back? That would be $180 a point

With the move we’ll probably visit all local places for awhile. There is so much to do right in Florida that I’m sure we’ll be busy.
Is it bad that I’m considering not even getting APs? The only thing in the foreseeable future I see us doing is the villain dah which is a ticketed event anyway. Should we just pay for that and not worry about the APs yet?
I'm a couple pages behind but you could focus on all the other FL stuff to start and slowly build up a GC stash for when you think you'll do Disney APs, or even just ticketed events like DAH. And maybe even a GC stash for Universal, I would imagine you could get GCs down there somewhere :) I wouldn't buy APs for either park until your first day, or even vouchers (unless you need it to say, book FPs or something) just so you get as many days as possible out of them. Disney AP vouchers seem to be hit or miss on if they work for ticketed event/hotel discounts :confused3

Wanna break this math down with me? Do you need financing? Can you just put all of it on a credit card?

Total cost would be 16,500. So 3CIP subs? $3,000 back? That would be $180 a point
No financing. I added $500 for closing costs and was also counting 3x Travel UR earned via CIP and 2x Travel UR earned via CSP. Figured I would put $15,000 on CIPs or $14,000 on CIP/CSP. I figured $2,000 on the Plat, and the remainder in each scenario on my CSR for 3x Travel. I didn't factor the AFs, but was hoping a bank bonus could cover that for all the cards. The spreadsheet isn't my prettiest work, but I've added screenshots of my idea:

3 CIP
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 10.58.43 AM.png

2CIP/1CSP
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 10.58.38 AM.png

No financing. I added $500 for closing costs and was also counting 3x Travel UR earned via CIP and 2x Travel UR earned via CSP. Figured I would put $15,000 on CIPs or $14,000 on CIP/CSP. I figured $2,000 on the Plat, and the remainder in each scenario on my CSR for 3x Travel. I didn't factor the AFs, but was hoping a bank bonus could cover that for all the cards. The spreadsheet isn't my prettiest work, but I've added screenshots of my idea:

3 CIP
View attachment 409924

2CIP/1CSP
View attachment 409925

Thanks! This is awesome.

To add to my already stressful day....got about 4 hours of sleep. Woke up at 3 am and thought my cat was dead. We gave them medicine last night and think she must’ve ate more than one serving (eating the other cat’s). She wasn’t moving and was barely breathing. She’s fine now but we’ll be way more careful with their medicine before we leave today.

On top of that, the moving company said they’d be here between 8-10 and still aren’t here...we are leaving today no matter what so they need to get their a$$es here. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone trying to maximize this 1.5% plastiq promo? Thinking of trying to send a payment to my heloc for 10k and then pulling that same amount out to pay the bill. @SouthFayetteFan did you end up doing this?
Quoting myself. If I submit a Plastiq payment to my HELOC for 10k on my CFU that gets 1.5 UR's, I will get 15,225 UR's for $150 which is $0.00985 per point. Used for travel, they turn into 22,837 UR's on my CSR. Worth it? Am I missing something?

ETA, forgot about the whole chase personal card cash advance thing. This may not work as planned.

Thanks :) I am paranoid because I have asked a lot of dumb questions, repeatedly, and done a few dumb things as well. I have to stop skimming the threads and read this thread when I can give full attention to it, not when I'm trying to cook dinner and help with homework. I wouldn't blame anyone for rolling their eyes at me from time to time. ;)

Don't worry, I started off my churning adventure back when the CSR/CSP double dip was in full swing still, but I consulted no one and applied for a CSP and then for a CF 30 days later lol. Added DH as an AU on both haha. It definitely takes time to learn the lingo and pick up everything. I am guilty of skimming over posts on stuff that's not really applicable to me. I couldn't really tell you what a SW companion pass is or how it works. If I ever decide to pursue SW miles, I'm sure I'll have to come here and ask the same questions that have been asked a thousand times before haha.

Okay, guys.

I just removed myself as AU from my dh's CSR.

Also, go ahead and roll your eyes at me: I was on his CSP (which we PC'd to a CF) as an AU!!! I removed myself from that, too. I'm on Credit Karma now trying to organize my cards.

Don’t forget to SM Chase to remove those AUs from your credit reports with every bureau to which Chase reports.

Or, you’ll have to submit disputes directly with Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion to remove those AU accounts from your reports.

As long as the AU accounts remain on your credit reports, Chase can see them and will count them even if they’re “closed.”

Don't worry, I started off my churning adventure back when the CSR/CSP double dip was in full swing still, but I consulted no one and applied for a CSP and then for a CF 30 days later lol. Added DH as an AU on both haha. It definitely takes time to learn the lingo and pick up everything. I am guilty of skimming over posts on stuff that's not really applicable to me. I couldn't really tell you what a SW companion pass is or how it works. If I ever decide to pursue SW miles, I'm sure I'll have to come here and ask the same questions that have been asked a thousand times before haha.
I will be asking ALL the Amex questions when we finally get to that stage :rotfl:

To add to my already stressful day....got about 4 hours of sleep. Woke up at 3 am and thought my cat was dead. We gave them medicine last night and think she must’ve ate more than one serving (eating the other cat’s). She wasn’t moving and was barely breathing. She’s fine now but we’ll be way more careful with their medicine before we leave today.

On top of that, the moving company said they’d be here between 8-10 and still aren’t here...we are leaving today no matter what so they need to get their a$$es here. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Glad your cat is ok!! Sorry about the movers, hopefully they may it there soon!

Don’t forget to SM Chase to remove those AUs from your credit reports with every bureau to which Chase reports.

Or, you’ll have to submit disputes directly with Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion to remove those AU accounts from your reports.

As long as the AU accounts remain on your credit reports, Chase can see them and will count them even if they’re “closed.”
When I called to remove them I asked if they would fall off my credit report and she said yes, in 30 days. I should still SM to make sure, though. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter