I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoC also posted some Amex offers overnight:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targ...chnology-providers-up-to-100-includes-newegg/
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-amex-offer-best-buy-spend-250-receive-25-statement-credit/
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-amex-offer-staples-spend-40-receive-10-statement-credit/

DH and I both had Staples. I also had the $10 on $75 at department stores, which I did not have before. Hoping DH gets the BB offer because he also has an offer for an extra MR at BB (and Staples, woohoo stacking MR deals for the first time!)
Questions on adding these(thanks for sharing this!) I just ordered from macys this am, and added the offer on my card a few hours later...will it go thru,or do I have to order again?
Also- I got this offer on my ascend card for both me and P2- how is that happening? I also got the staples offer on both of ours.... can I use it on each card? It's the same account....
Last- I also got the 5/$25 at office supply store on same card as staples offer -will those stack?
ETA Look I learned the strike thru! :rotfl2: Ok I spoke too fast, I got the offer on my Ascend, on P2's BBE..... that should be usable right?

Last edited:
Yes, after I let my Onstar (on a previous vehicle) lapse, I called it and got an answer. They just wouldn't serve me since I had no subscription. (I wanted an address.)

I believe I've heard that if you get in an accident, it will trigger it too even if you don't have the service. I'm not sure if that's still true, but I thought someone told me that once a while ago.

Okay, guess I'll be the guinea pig and see if gc from Newegg (if they have any I need/want) work...because I'm a giver like that. 🤣

When will you be staying there? I'd like us to be able to do 2-3 nights there in Sept/Oct 2020. We'll be able to do so as long as I can :drinking1#2 in September!

Feb 2020 so in 7 short months! I'll let y'all know what I think, of course.

I picked up a Google mini when they first came out and the tech savvy ones (DS and DD) said you really want them listening, stalking you? Shortly after that I read that something was trying to be done to restore privacy, but I haven't heard much.

So Google mini is collecting dust somewhere and Alexa never got a shot. Plus I've always been an Android user with my Samsungs, mostly, although I did have the LG, HTC, and the original Motorola Flip Phone back in the 90ties. Couldn't get interested in Apple, although I paid for IPods, but that was about it. I have a huge problem with the privacy aspect of technology, but not so huge that I don't want to be connected. So I turn on my own lights, start my vacuum, and look up the weather on weather.com.
an article came out a while back about Amazon has an entire dept. they pay to listen and record what's coming over those speakers.... b/c they are in reality microphones also. No thank you but I know some friends who love theirs.....

Ok folks PSA soapbox for moment... @Haley R is so smart,reading and getting her kits together. check out the red cross website on recommendations for your area...EVERYONE should have kits,and a plan b/c we all get hit with weird weather stuff sometimes,or weird other stuff. We have a household stash for emergencies,and go bags for each person. Updated yearly for use by dates on food etc. I just had to have my mom moment there....I'll stop now...

Earthquakes too. Not that we're as prepared as we should be. Always good for a bit after water is on sale though. 😀

And for everyone worried about alexa etc, every app you have given mic permissions to on your phone is or could be listening as well. That's how how get some of the ads you get on fb etc.

an article came out a while back about Amazon has an entire dept. they pay to listen and record what's coming over those speakers.... b/c they are in reality microphones also. No thank you but I know some friends who love theirs.....

Yeah, Google too.

Questions on adding these(thanks for sharing this!) I just ordered from macys this am, and added the offer on my card a few hours later...will it go thru,or do I have to order again?
Also- I got this offer on my ascend card for both me and P2- how is that happening? I also got the staples offer on both of ours.... can I use it on each card? It's the same account....
Last- I also got the 5/$25 at office supply store on same card as staples offer -will those stack?
1. It may possibly still go through, but with it being added after there's not much indication if it worked or not until the charge posts. I find the "Savings" section will show it a little ahead of the charge posting, so you could check there in a bit.
2. You may add an offer once per person, doesn't matter the account. So you can add it to an AU card on P2's account and on P2's card and the points will all be earned in the same account - but once you add it to your AU card it'll disappear from any of your own cards since it's one offer per person. Hope that makes sense.
3. Yes it'll stack.

It's been a good credit card morning. Booked flights to Orlando for next month using UR's (more than I wanted to use, but really had specific flights in mind). Had Best Buy offers on DH's Gold that I used for gift cards (hopefully we get the bonus points, but if not I needed the cards anyway). Set up DD's Gold Card AU account and used it to pay for her online class for next year which takes care of the spend on that. Plus she has the Staples offer on it, and we have it on DH's Hilton Biz, so I will use those for some more gift cards.
I think I may buy a Motherload Junior from Ebags today too with the Rakuten 15% cash back.

Has anyone been able to get chat to work on Citi recently? I've tried on multiple computers over the last week and haven't been able to get it to work.

I'd love to hear more about Utah. I have it planned for next March, fly into Vegas, two nights at Zion, two at Bryce, and two at the Grand Canyon,then back to Vegas. Or it seems I'm reading that people wish they had planned more time for Bryce, so I'm considering one more night at Bryce and leave off Grand Canyon and just stay in Vegas for a few nights to see a few sights and some pool time.

I'd second what others have said about going with CSP for you to get the referral and then PC DH CSP to the CSR. Or are you into business cards? Anything that could qualify? It doesn't get much better than 80,000 for the CIP right now. I know my plan was to have DH get a CSP with a referral from me, but I'm better off just continuing to get multiple CIPs.
March can be tricky with weather, especially at Bryce since it's up much higher than Zion. Gorgeous in the snow, though! Are you hikers? Have you ever been to the Utah parks before? I like to spend 3 nights at a national park because that gives 2 full days to hike and explore and (gasp) relax and enjoy the scenery :love: I would add more time at Zion before more time at Bryce.

Okay, guess I'll be the guinea pig and see if gc from Newegg (if they have any I need/want) work...because I'm a giver like that. 🤣

Newegg sells Vanilla VGCs and GoC GCs (with a fee, but at 30% back you’d still come out ahead). Although I’m looking at buying PlayStation GCs to pay for our Vue steaming service. In the past, GCs have triggered the Amex Offer for Newegg, so we’ll see if anything’s changed.

It’s time to book flights for Europe next summer. I’ve got all our United miles in place for 4 economy tickets. But I have a question for the experienced international travelers. At what airports will we need to allow extra time for connections? Say for an itinerary of CMH- IAD - EDI, is 1 hr 30 min enough in IAD? Maybe we should allow longer in case of a problem with our first flight? Usually I would go with that for a domestic flight, but thinking maybe more time would be better for international? More time needed coming home as well if we layover in Europe?

Yes! Just spins and spins, trying to go home or anything doesn't give me my offers. I can do the 'home' page for each card, but the offers never load.
I'm getting the same. I can only add offers to the card that comes up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter